[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kendrick's voice sounds like shit. I've made it through
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: tmp_20186-LJXcq1406009156.jpg (75 KB, 775x485) Image search: [Google]
tmp_20186-LJXcq1406009156.jpg
75 KB, 775x485
Kendrick's voice sounds like shit. I've made it through to pimp a butterfly exactly once because I cannot endure his nasally whine. His raps could be the answer to life, the universe, everything and I still couldn't tolerate the way he sounds. I can't be the only one.
>>
I remember you was conflicted
Misusing your influence
>>
Listen to Untitled Unmastered
I love the way he says "jigaboos"
>>
I like it, you don't, it's art, that's the point. But because this is 4chan we'll call each other faggots and entrench our own views even deeper.
>>
>>64792533
I wouldn't even frame it as an art/subjectivity thing. I feel physically uncomfortable when I hear him on a track. I know hip hop isn't the opera, but God damn
>>
>>64792684
Kind of a nails on the chalkboard situation? I get that. There are some artists that just make me feel too uncomfortable to carry on sometimes.
>>
I agree, thats the reason I didn't like anything before TPAB. I also think that TPAB is just okay with only 3 songs that have replayability
>>
>>64793972
>thats the reason I didn't like anything before TPAB
You might have that backwards.
>>
that's kinda how i felt about henry rollins for a while

kendrick's voice is distinct and he raps well. i like it.
>>
>>64794087
Nah, I tried to listen listen the previous albums but his voice was horrible, dont know why he would go with it. His voice improved to the point where I could tolerate it on TPAB although I remember some tracks having that high pitch nasally voice.
>>
>>64792457

You're not, but I get shouted down every time I point it out.
>>
>>64794178
>high pitch nasally voice
Oh, nvm. I had a brain fart and forgot that that was what we were talking about. Carry on.
>>
File: tmp_3148-6AW5keB-142747683.jpg (380 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
tmp_3148-6AW5keB-142747683.jpg
380 KB, 1000x750
>>64793972
It's even worse on his older stuff? Damn son
>>
IMO it got cranked up to 11 on TPAB because it became his signature and a big marketing point. On the first few listens I felt like he'd become a self parody
>>
It's an acquired taste, like death growling in Death Metal.
>>
>>64795977
Now this guy says he was doing it real bad on tpab. Who to believe? Maybe he always sounded like crud.

I like the way he sounds on i
>>
Bobo!
>>
You're a fucking autist if slightly quirky rapper voice makes you "uncomfortable." You wouldn't last an hour in my avant shoes. I listen to shit you probably couldn't even imagine and feel perfectly content, nothing phases me. Because I'm not a fickle sensitive little bitch.
>>
>>64792493
Sometimes I did the same
>>
>>64796294
>I listen to shit
>>
>>64796358
You are a sensitive little faggot who would probably start reaching for the pause button at the slightest hint of dissonance. Sound is clearly not the medium for you.
>>
You're a big guy

>>64796395
>for you
>>
mfw I hear Kendrick
>>
i didn't realize how much i hated his voice until it was slightly isolated when Kanye released that poorly mastered Soundcloud track of No More Parties in LA and i had to listen to it drag on on its own for several minutes with a faint beat buried wayyyy below it. ever since, i haven't made it through more than two minutes of a Kendrick song.
>>
I miss the smooth rap of the 90's and the sample based beats
This new rap is just whiny shit for nu-males
>>
>>64796633
>several minutes
It's less than two.
>>
File: CiOw3bAUkAAUP70.jpg (23 KB, 493x370) Image search: [Google]
CiOw3bAUkAAUP70.jpg
23 KB, 493x370
>>64792457
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.