[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
le babbys first electronic music faec
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: aphex-twin-060515-616x440.jpg (77 KB, 616x440) Image search: [Google]
aphex-twin-060515-616x440.jpg
77 KB, 616x440
le babbys first electronic music faec
>>
>>64791237
>le babbys first electronic music faec
Pre sure that's not Aphex Twins but something like Skrillex.
>>
>le entry level is bad meme
viper yerself
>>
>>64791251
I will correct op for you
>le babbys first non dance electronic music faec
>>
File: sweet dreams lenin.png (253 KB, 574x476) Image search: [Google]
sweet dreams lenin.png
253 KB, 574x476
>>
>>64791318
sweet dreams lenin
>>
>>64791251
most people who get into music through indie get into aphex first. or maybe im just an older generation. i had already heard aphex before skrillex existed.

>>64791302
the first aphex most people listen to is dance music tho
>>
>>64791318
sweet dreams lenin
>>
>>64791318
rot in hell bolshevik scum
>>
>>64791341
>i had already heard aphex before skrillex existed.
Kek. Because Aphex Twins was famous before Skrillex came about, that's not the case - anymore. I knew of Aphex Twins before I did Skrillex also, doesn't mean Aphex Twins are more 'mainstream' (or what ever the point of this thread is) than Skrillex.

Aphex Twins are shit anyway.
>>
>>64791318
Fuck you Lenin. I was born in the USSR.
>>
>>64791418
faggot?
>>
>>64791410
no but i think its still true that aphex is a lot of babys first electronic music. most people who go from dadrock to indie to branch out of p4kcore/mucore/slightly more experiemntal music would listen to aphex before any other electronic musician.
>>
>>64791478
Does this person live in a bubble? You understand these people you are talking of were probably (in this day and age) aware of Skrillex without even knowing it?
>>
>>64791318
sweet dreams lenin
>>
Sooooo.... You guys think that because he's popular, he's bad?
Wow, pretty elitist desu.
He actually made a shitton of creative music with awesome beats (his ambient stuff is excellent too, listen to #1 or Xtal). Either way, yet another example of 4chan disliking really excellent stuff due to popularity.
>>
>>64791503
aware of skrillex and heard skrillex but hes known as a joke even to people who only listen to mainstream rock. i would say aphex remains the most likely first electronic musician a baby first listens to regularly and independently. obviously they would probably passively hear other shit on the radio or in public
>>
>>64791516
>You guys think that because he's popular, he's bad?
He's just bad.

>>64791594
I would say it's more along the lines of Diplo.
>>
>>64791649
>this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i524g6JMkwI
>bad
okay man, you have your opinion and I'll have mine.
But honestly, I don't understand what could be bad about his stuff. All his tracks are creative and unique, and he has a very memorable style.
>>
>>64791705
>this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i524g6JMkwI
Poor man's Daft Punk.
>>
File: BIG_BAIT.png (404 KB, 10000x10000) Image search: [Google]
BIG_BAIT.png
404 KB, 10000x10000
>>64791237
>>
I dont know anyone irl who listens or at least knows aphex twin, and I regularly go to dance music parties, you faggots are elitist scum who want to depreciate aphex only because he is somewhat popular among /mu//tants because you can't say shit about his music.
>>
Aphex Twin might have been babbys first anything like 10 years ago, but not anymore.
>>
>>64791318
sweet dreams lenin
>>
>>64791410
>Aphex Twins are
>cringe
>>
terrible idea for a thread glad to see it belongs to Lenin now
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.