[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Steve Albini
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: Steve Albini.jpg (39 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
Steve Albini.jpg
39 KB, 500x333
>Best band he was a member of
>Best release by a band he was a member of
>Best album he produced/engineered for another band
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>>
>>64786352
>that pic
Bruh what the fuck happened to Steve Albini? Dude looks like that Ok Cupid pic with the guy with the Enjoy Cock shirt, who says his penis is big and like mushroom - you know which pic.
>>
Steve went full JUST
>>
shellac
terraform
>things we lost in the fire
>ys
>several whitehouse albums
>the list goes on...
>>
>>64786352
JUST
>>
>>64786352
>>64786425
>>64786462
>>64786469
that's John Stabb
>>
>>64786352
>I don’t really like movies. I don’t rate movies as an art form.
>Albini is married to film director, Heather Whinna
>>
Rapeman
Two Nuns and a Pack Mule
Surfer Rosa
>>
>>64786352
Funny pic OP

>Best band he was a member of
Shellac

>Best release by a band he was a member of
Rapeman - Two Nuns and a Pack Mule

>Best album he produced/engineered for another band
Difficult to pick one. so here's a top three (no particular order):
The Jesus Lizard - Goat
PJ Harvey - Rid of Me
Neurosis - Times of Grace (especially with Grace alongside it)
>>
Big Black
Two Nuns and a Pack Mule
Dear You
>>
>>64786499
Dude died two days ago, I didn't even know.
RIP
>>
Rapeman
Two Nuns and a Pack Mule
Tweez or the In On The Killtaker demo
>>
Best album he produced is obviously Yanqui UXO
>>
BASED STEVEY

They didn't strike me as stupid," he explained. "They struck me as little self-satisfied asshole scrubs."

"[Odd Future] piled on to the shuttle late, after finally getting corralled by their minder," Albini wrote on his studio message board. "They piled in, niggering everything in sight, motherfucking the driver, boasting into the air unbidden about getting their dicks sucked and calling everyone in the area a faggot." During the 40-minute ride, the rappers and their entourage allegedly heckled the driver, harassed passengers, and demanded to be taken to McDonalds.

Although Albini said he is "not in the audience for hip-hop", he defended Odd Future's "right to rap about what they wanna rap about". "I am never quick to judge a person based on a superficial reading of creative output," he wrote. But in this case, he said, it didn't seem like an issue of art or self-expression. "It's being an asshole about being an asshole."

"Interspersed with the McDonalds requests were shouted boasts about how often they masturbated and fucked bitches nigger and got paid like a motherfucker fifty grand like a motherfucker," Albini continued. "If the whole thing is a put-on, a bit of Vincent Gallo life-as-theatre for the benefit of whoever happens to be sitting next to them, that's no excuse ... I am quite happy none of them engaged me directly, because at least one of us would have regretted it."
>>
Didn't he produce buyers market?
>>
>>64786886
Yep. I've still got no idea how that one came about.
>>
>>64786863
Steve never said nigger.
>>
>>64786907
Yes he did

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2011/aug/10/steve-albini-odd-future
>>
>>64786863
I didn't get the whole hubbub about this. It's obvious when he says "niggering" he means they were throwing "nigga" onto the end of every sentence, and that he wasn't saying the blacked up the place.
>>
>>64786931
Lmao fuck.
>>
>>64786863
>posting the guardian version instead of the original
cuck
>>
>>64786931
He didn't... Odd Future said it. Can't you read?
>>
>>64786992
http://www.electricalaudio.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=53523&p=1374892
>>
>>64786965
Yeah but when old white people mean "niggA" they say "niggER" because they don't know the difference.
>>
>>64787028
>they don't know the difference
Explain it
>>
Big Black
Songs About Fucking
Goat or Ys
>>
>>64786900
i'm assuming he knew peter sotos through working with whitehouse
>>
File: sticker,375x360.u3.png (112 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.u3.png
112 KB, 375x360
>>64787012
Yes i can you clearly cant though
>>
>>64787012
>Albini wrote on his studio message board.
>wrote on his studio message board.
>wrote on his

DUR DUR DUMB DUMB
>>
>>64787070
Oh yeah, I forgot he was in Whitehouse. That makes a whole lot of sense actually.
>>
>>64787086
>>64787128
He was quoting Odd Future.

You two don't seem to have basic comprehension skills.
>>
>>64787044
Nigga is usually a term of endearment or, some black people use it as a synonym for person/s. There aren't any race connotations to this, when the a suffix is there.

With the 'er' suffix, well it's just exactly how the old, racist, white man says it. That has racist and negative connotations. Sometimes black people use it for emphasis when they really mean nigga, but usually it's avoided, from what I know.

That's why rap artists always use nigga instead of nigger. They're still taking ownership of the word, but making it their own.

Old white people obviously haven't had the chance to learn this and probably never will so they commit this mistake always - that is if they ever use this word.
>>
rapeman
songs about fucking
art(e) of romance
>>
>>64787171
[citation needed]
>>
>>64787171
That still doesn't take away from the fact he was quoting what they were saying, though.
>>
http://web.archive.org/web/20061115070529/http://www.thebaffler.com/albiniexcerpt.html
>>
>>64787196
Take it for what it is, unless you're gonna go autismo about it.
>>
>>64787161
>DUURR DURPPP DURRPRPP
honestly that's all i see
>>
>>64787224
He's lucky he's irrelevant now because he's career would have been ruined.
>>
>>64787269
I'm not surprised that's all an OFfag sees
>>
>>64787324
>HURRR DURR DURPP
hes still doing it ,make it stop
>>
>>64787243
Based
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.