[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gorillaz
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
This greatly disapointed me. What do you think the new album is going to sound like? Make your predictions..hopefully better than this shite.
>>
considering this album was made entirely on an iPad, i'm guessing the new one will be a lot better

hopefully more like god tier plastic beach
>>
>>64785384
It will be better, it just has too.
>>
>>64785432
What was Damon thinking with this album, honestly.

And yeah I agree. Gorillaz always sounds of its time, which is great and I'm really gearing up for it. S/t still sounds great to this day.
>>
>>64785499
TBh considering what it is, it's not bad. Definitely some stand out songs

>what was damon thinking?

that his stack of cash from apple would be fat as fuck
>>
>>64785384
wait
THIS WAS A STUDIO ALBUM
holy shit I thought this was another B/G sides kind of deal
>>
>>64785588
D sides was better IMO
>>64785533
Kek I suppose
>>
>>64785499
It was meant to just be a gift to fans who signed up to the gorillaz fan club. It wasn't really meant to be took as a studio album, but more of a musical diary of their experiences on tour.

>>64785533
>that his stack of cash from apple would be fat as fuck
It was originally free and was released released months later on cd, most likely because the Plastic Beach tour and album wasn't exactly as successful as their label wanted it to be. Some music videos were cancelled, and the website game was abandoned because of money.
>>
>>64786159
Well I didn't know about that. It makes it better, I guess. What do you think the next album's gonna sound like, anon? You sound knowledgable on Gorillaz.
>>
>>64785384
Revolving Doors, Booby in Phoenix and Amarillo were kinda neat tho'
>>
>>64785384
i'm hoping the new album sounds more like the self titled album and demon days

i thought plastic beach was good, but i'm not a huge fan of the style it had.
>>
>>64786231
I have no idea what it's gonna sound like. I didn't even know Plastic Beach was going to sound like it did. I'm kind of hoping while there are collaborations, they don't take up the entire album. Maybe a collab with Mark Mothersbaugh would be cool, but I don't think that'll ever happen.

Also, I didn't see this posted on /mu/, but apparently earlier this month, Damon lost the laptop that had the music from the new album on it. It's unknown if he had a backup of the sessions. He most likely does though.
>>
>>64785384
But this is their best album yet?
>>
Dont be afraid to say you like this album.
I think its good on its own. Not the same sound or tone as the rest of the discog but its pretty cool. Some of it reminds me of government plates.
>>
This gets a lot of hate but I don't remember it being that bad. Though Revolving Door is the only song I can really think of
>>
Gorillaz 8.5/10
Demon Days 7.5/10
Plastic Beach 6/10
The Fall 4/10

This new album might make me kill myself based off this pattern
>>
>>64786631
Ok well other anons are saying how The Fall isn't supposed to be taken as a studio release, so there's hope. IMO Plastic Beach is 7.5 so I'm ready for an 8/10z
>>
It was a little sellout album Damon wipped up for Apple cash, it's okay, but also the reason Jamie Hewlett got pissed at him.

I'm glad I stole my copy from the record store, because it wasn't worth 16 dollars.
>>
>>64786678
>It was a little sellout album Damon wipped up for Apple cash
If he whipped it up for cash, it wouldn't have been given away for free at the start for gorillaz fanclub members you retard. The only reason why it inevitably got sold is because the record label forced him to because Plastic Beach wasn't as big as they wanted it to be. They also ceased funding from any music videos and from the website, which is why the website game was never finished.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.