[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this album a joke now or should I actually listen to it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 400x400
Is this album a joke now or should I actually listen to it?
>>
>>64775199
It's actually pretty good
if it wasn't ultra popular and memey people on /mu/ would hail it as incredibly solid psych/freak folk
>>
It's part of the modern canon. give it a listen you won't regret it
>>
>>64775199
insanely good lyrically (you will rarely find better lyricism in music). Simple instrumentally but still captivating. It is in my personal opinion a 9/10- all memes aside it is really damn good. It is one of the only 2 /mu/ core albums in my personal top 20. Highly recommended
>>
>>64775199

it's a nice, simple album. I listened to it when i was like 16 so that probably makes it a bit more nostalgic etc, but it is genuinely really good
>>
>>64775199

9/10, even when the album hits a lull it does it for positive effect

amazing album
>>
>>64775199

I automagically disqualify any album that has basically a permanent spot on the first page of /mu/.

So yeah... it's a joke.
>>
>>64775199
both desu
>>
>>64775728
Thats the same as loving anything that has a permanent spot on the first page of /mu.

Same basic mentality. Same point of reference defines your taste - /mu/.
>>
Why is her head a drum?
I'm not memeing, I'm genuinely interested about the symbolism, has anyone any ideas about what it could represent?
Of course it's well known that the back cover has similar drums being played by a marching band. As some have noticed the appearance of the drum is redolent of the line "the moon across her face", and of course being a drum it's a rather odd juxtaposed element of the otherwise ordinary Victorian seaside scene which perhaps reflects the surreal nature of the music, but of course this is all only rather superficial speculation. If anyone can fathom any other symbolic meaning of the drum then I would be very interested in hearing what you think.
>>
>>64775982
It's a potato
>>
>>64775996
It's not a potato, it's a drum.
>>
>>64776066
I think it's a potato
>>
>>64776084
The facts are ignorant to what you happen to believe; it is a drum.
>>
>>64776148
potato?
>>
>>64776178
Yes
>>
Some awesome moments in this album, even if most of it is simple

Definetely worth a listen
>>
>>64776178
Your display of ignorance is rather tiring. It is a drum, not a potato. This is clearly visible in any high resolution image of the album cover, or on any physical copy of the album itself. I shall squander no more of my finite time within this mortal realm arguing so trifling a point with so intransigent a person, I take no pleasure from it, and I wager you do neither.
>>
it's an unironically great album, 10/10 for me
>>
File: shatto_shittu_gedo_bangeru.png (64 KB, 189x203) Image search: [Google]
shatto_shittu_gedo_bangeru.png
64 KB, 189x203
>>64776349
>I shall squander no more of my finite time within this mortal realm arguing so trifling a point with so intransigent a person, I take no pleasure from it, and I wager you do neither.
>>
I love Neutral Milk Hotel, but they are not everyone's cup of tea. If you like 90s/early 00s indie (and you haven't heard this?) then you'll definitely like it. If not, maybe. It's definitely not a joke.

If you do enjoy the album then you owe it to yourself to check out On Avery Island and Ferris Wheel on Fire (I think that's right) as well as Mangum's solo stuff. It's really all good. Aeroplane gets the most attention because it as a work far exceeds what their other albums manage to do. It's complete and fully realized, whereas I don't think Avery Island, etc. can really live up to that claim. Then again, the only reason I might find the other works lacking as wholes is because Aeroplane is so god damn perfect.

tl;dr great album which you may or may not like, if you do then check out their other shit; don't expect a work as great as Aeroplane but do expect babies all across the bathroom floor
>>
>>64775852
This desu, that anon is the ultimate pleb.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.