[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Released a year apart, both huge critical hits. Which do you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2
File: 5dYYIhlft9M.jpg (1 MB, 3000x1500) Image search: [Google]
5dYYIhlft9M.jpg
1 MB, 3000x1500
Released a year apart, both huge critical hits. Which do you prefer?

http://www.strawpoll.me/10184258
>>
WOW Vespertine is killing it! Can Kid A pull off a come from behind victory?
>>
is this a serious question?
I think we all know the answer
>>
File: kid ves.png (314 KB, 652x293) Image search: [Google]
kid ves.png
314 KB, 652x293
>>64774066
anon I wouldn't be so sure about that since 12 have already voted for the wrong choice
>>
>>64773514
neither
>>
>>64773514
They're at the same level, but I choose Vespertine. That album is surely amongst the most personal and genuine albums of the 2000s. And it is also a fascinating and mysterious representation of what lies inside a complicated and woman.
>>
All the kids are voting for Kid A.
>>
>>64774652
>I love him, I love him
>she loves him, she loves him
>meanwhile a pantomime fairy greets the crowd of bewildered spectators
no, Kid A is just a better album
>>
>>64774703
It isn't, and if you think you you brought a "musical argument" citing the ending line of a song (which has a beautiful emotive crescendo besides), you're proving the kid you actually are.
>>
>>64773514
Friendly reminder that universal consensus says Kid A is 80/100 while Vespertine is 88/100.
>>
Flood and LYSF are better than both of those
>>
>>64773514
>contrarians will vote right without knowing what it is, because kid a is universally acclaimed, so it cant be good
>>
>>64774652
>>64774703
the daunting teenage Radiohead phase knows no bounds
>>
>>64774703
>Yesterday I woke up sucking a lemon
>Everything, everything, everything..
>In its right place
Wow, Radiohead, the life frustration of a manlet, nice.
>>
vespertine is fucking great but come on
>>
>>64775005
>>64774852
>>
>>64774881
This.

Also, aside from Kid A electronic influences, they're not even musically comparable, completely different works.
>>
>>64774852
lol most of those publications realised they dun goofed and rerated it
>>
you either chose Vespertine or you're a misogynist
>>
love both albums
Kid A is considerably better
>>
>>64775183
When Pitchfork kids will realize they did a totally squallid move in the past, Vespertine rank will go up to 90/100 technically.
>>
>>64773514
That's not even the best Bjork album anon (solid 8.5/10 though), how can it compete?
>>
>>64773514
I've never listened to Björk but I voted for her to be cool
>>
>>64775320
model /mu/tant
>>
honestly I think kid a is the much superior album, but I just prefer listening to Vespertine. I think I've listened to Kid A so much ('specially during a rough part of my life) that I kind of got burned out on it
>>
>>64774977
I always thought it was stuck in a limo.
>>
>>64773514
Both are shitty entry-level-muh-experimental-muzak-xD
>>
I haven't been here in awhile, but I've noticed a tons more Bjork threads?
>>
>>64775371
They are literally not experimental at all
>>
>>64775371
you seem insecure af about your tastes bro
>>
>>64775280
>>64775355
>better
lol From what point of objective prespective? They're not even truly musically comparable.
>>
I don't like vespertine, so kid A. I would vote Homogenic over kid A though.
>>
>>64775452
lol i'm a person not a computer i'm not comparing the two on their "objective" merits i'm comparing them on what i interpret to be the better songs, cohesion, effectiveness and all-round enjoyability of the respective records
>>
i love kid A, but guys cmon vespertine is amazing
>>
Is there an album cover that encapsulates the essence of the content better than Vespertine? literally perfect cover
>>
>>64775523
They're both great albums of opening decade.

Vespertine is a masterpiece of introverted but very passional feelings in which every songs is perfectly cohesive with each others. It has minimalist and subtle electronica made all of little textural things going on and minutely elaborated. An intimate and inner attitude, the very emotive vocals she delivers, along a subtle ethereal mood, make all this a special experience.

Absolutely no way it is less important than Kid A, which still infact has less score than Vespertine.
>>
>>64775648
indeed but it's not as good as kid a...
>>
>>64775820
i've heard the fucking album my man. many times, i don't need your Christgau-isms t b h and can make my own opinion
>>
>>64775820
None of that is an objective argument though you fag.
>>
So it's pretty much established that those who've heard Vespertine voted for it and those who voted Kid A have not.
>>
anyone that answers kid A is underage and are embarassing themselves. Haven't actually listened to vesparine but I can pretty much assume it's better than Kid A because it's shit
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.