[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I used to like Tool circa ten years ago, but /mu/ told me they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tool10000dayscover.jpg (356 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tool10000dayscover.jpg
356 KB, 1000x1000
I used to like Tool circa ten years ago, but /mu/ told me they are shit so I stopped

I recently relistened to 10,000 days and it's... pretty good

What's supposed to be so bad about them?
>>
only p4plebs think tool is bad. all true scaruffriends (AKA patricians) dig 'em.
>>
>>64766934
10,000 days is their best album
>>
people just hate the stoner fanbase

ive never met a tool fan in my life so I hate the "yeah, I love tool but I hate their fanbase" type of people more
>>
Their music is OK. I kind of stopped giving a shit after it became obvious they are lazy artists who don't like to stand behind their work, so there's nothing to really follow. What's out there is out there and its fun to press play once in a while.

Aenima is still a pretty good record, maybe my favorite one that they did.
>>
>>64766934
This is a board for contrarians who only like things that are unpopular unless they are being ironic then they pretend to like bands like Radiohead.
>>
i love tool, but i think the bad image they get here is because of fans thinking it's the most 'deep' and complex music, and believing that mjk is the john lennon of our time.

i used to think they were the greatest thing ever invented, but as my music taste grew i realized there is lots of stuff like it or better. still love all of their work though.
>>
>>64767697
What's better than for their genre? Isis? Neurosis?
>>
File: cover.jpg (111 KB, 336x300) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
111 KB, 336x300
It's just the reactive nature of /mu/. If Tool was some nobody band that made these albums they would have a pretty good reputation, but since they have a large following, a lot of whom are annoying faggots, and are somewhat overrated, they get shit on.

Rosetta Stoned is a GOAT song.

Also
I don't understand why so many people shit themselves for this soft rock dronefest.
>>
>but /mu/ told me they are shit so i stopped

if you literally stop listening to something you like because of it's reputation on /mu/, then you are a huge fucking faggot and should just stop listening to music altogether

for fucks sake, op, man up and learn to think for your damn self
>>
I think everyone here used to love the tool as some point
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.