[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Between the Buried and Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: current chapter.jpg (374 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
current chapter.jpg
374 KB, 1000x1000
Any BTBAM fans here?

Since I was 17, every album they released has corresponded with and poetically captured a major chapter in my life. My limbic system has carved out a special place for them. Their music has helped me see and align myself with meaning, even in the darkest hours of my time in this fucked up world.

There's no good reason why I've gotten so far in life. Loner and shitty grades throughout my upbringing. My father was diagnosed with frontotemporal dementia when was 10, and my mom thought she could raise two sons under the same roof as a psychopath who reminded us every day that he hated his life and that we should hate ours ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The grand slam though was definitely the high school gf who cheated on me, didn't own up to it, and accused me of raping her soon after - went to court, dismissed in court by my public defender, but her family and attorney fleet got a persona non grata filed on me in my own fucking home town. No sex and a legitimate phobia of women followed for the next 7 years.

Went to ok college, studied my ass off, got into a great medical school. I am $550,000 in debt @ 7-10%, but I've never felt so alive.

I start residency training to become a surgeon in July. I want to be the best at what I do, and I'm damn sure I'll have BTBAM's latest album blasting in the OR during my first case (when I'm an attending).

BTBAM, you are my constant, and my endless obsession. Don't stop doing what you do,
>>
Didnt read your blogpost but I do like them a lot. Colors and Great Misdirect are great. New album is meh.
>>
File: 1459701882364.jpg (11 KB, 152x224) Image search: [Google]
1459701882364.jpg
11 KB, 152x224
The only BTBAM album I ever really enjoyed was The Great Misdirect, but everybody thinks it's one of their worst. Feels bad, man.
>>
>>64765589
Everything since Great Misdirect has been meh
Colors is legit amazing though.
>>
BTBAM is boring garbage
>>
>>64765526
That album was disappointing as fuck

I was obsessed with them in high school and first couple years of college but my interest waned as I got into more extreme metal. They are tight as fuck live though, it's pretty impressive to see Paul shred for an hour and not miss a note
>>
>>64765637
your mother kiss you with that mouth?
>>
>>64765637
This. Hot Topic™ teenage shit taste, OP.
>>
>>64765679

Yeah man, I saw them at Webster Hall recently. They still got it.
>>
>>64765679
>I was obsessed with them in high school
tok pek
>>
>>64765765
what's your alternative? I'm pretty sure nothing comes close
>>
I found they're new album to be pretty good once I accepted they're not doing the tech death thing anymore.

Colors is legitimately my favorite album.

/mu/ used to like them, then they started hating them about the same time Fantano gave them a negative review.
>>
File: euphoric fedora.gif (1 MB, 230x172) Image search: [Google]
euphoric fedora.gif
1 MB, 230x172
>>64765928
>I'm pretty sure nothing comes close
>>
>>64766032
Not him, but I'm hard pressed to think of another prog. metal band similar to them.

Maybe TesserACT but they feel like third rate rip-offs.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy whatever it is you're listening to, have a nice day friend.
>>
>>64765607
>Colors is legitimately my favorite album.

colors is supreme

parallax II is close second
>>
>>64766076
*teleports behind you*
>>
>>64766076

exactly. you too bud.
>>
>>64765637
I disagree, but it's nice you think that friend.
>>
>>64766016
>>64766082
>>
>>64766082
Parallax II is so underrated, I don't get why it keeps getting labelled as pointless wankery.

>That fucking ri
>>
>>64766163
*>That fucking riff when the vocals start in Astral Bodies.
>>
>>64765596
>The only BTBAM album I ever really enjoyed was The Great Misdirect, but everybody thinks it's one of their worst. Feels bad, man.

1. colors
2. parallax II
2. great misdirect
>>
>>64766200
yeah spot on.

autumn is the only song i really disliked.
>>
>>64766203
Colors > Parallax II > Alaska > TGMD = Coma Ecliptic > The Silent Circus > Self Titled

It isn't so much I don't like TGMD it's that I like Coma Ecliptic more than most people.
>>
>>64765526
>The grand slam though was definitely the high school gf who cheated on me, didn't own up to it, and accused me of raping her soon after - went to court, dismissed in court by my public defender, but her family and attorney fleet got a persona non grata filed on me in my own fucking home town. No sex and a legitimate phobia of women followed for the next 7 years.

btw my life is now in velvet. should have said that in the original post. fuck.
>>
>>64766264
alaska had good songs individually but no encompassing theme
>>
>>64766163
fuck ratings. If you live by things like that, you might as well live with sheep.
>>
Why is reading about the impact an artist had on someones life always such cringe, no matter how genuine it actually is?

This place has just made us grow bitter hasn't it?
>>
>>64766016
>>64766402
>>
>>64766518
How is this cringe? This is the most inspirational story I've heard in a long time
>>
>>64765917
You took that way too out of context.

You are the worst kind of human being.
>>
They used to be my favourite band during colours era.
Silent Circus is their best album.
>>
A L A S K A for ever. (color is coo too, their older stuff is fucking brutal and chaotic, I dig too).
>>
BTBAM is the only band I like with vocals like this. I love progressive metal but it took me some time to get into it but I love it now
>>
>>64765526

grats on finishing med school I am trying to get into med school myself but the new album kinda sucks, absolutely love everything else they have put out
>>
>>64766016
Honestly I've seen mainly love for Colors the little that it gets mentioned
>>
Saw them live twice, on the tour with Animals As Leaders and The Contortionist was probably my favorite show of all time, and then I saw them with Good Tiger, and August Burns Red.
Every band except ABR did amazing live, and I also cried during Ants Of The Sky when Tommy sang "sleep on, fly on, in your mind you can fly."
One of my favorite bands.
Phenomenal live.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.