[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a straight 10/10 Previously listened to this around
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: moon-shaped-pool-radiohead.jpg (77 KB, 700x395) Image search: [Google]
moon-shaped-pool-radiohead.jpg
77 KB, 700x395
This is a straight 10/10

Previously listened to this around 8 times and thought it was a solid 8-9/10.

But I finally listened to it with a clear mind, no weed, lights off, headphones in and holy fuck it finally hit me how good this actually is.

Songs I previously hadn't really liked all that much like Ful stop gave me chills. Then I gained a greater appreciation for the stuff I already liked. Track after track, more chills.

In typical Radiohead fashion, the more listens, the more subtleties I started to notice. Notably Colin's parts on bass.

How the fuck did they manage to capture moments from almost every album so perfectly yet also bring a fresh sound and make it sound so great?

For me, there's already so many great moments on this and it's only been out a few days.
>>
>>64763991
>Liking stuff on /mu/
Not allowed, sorry.

AMSP is 6/10 at best.
>>
You could have posted in any of the other 10 threads, but you just had to make your own didn't you?
>>
Agreed OP. Every song has atleast one 10/10 moment
>>
Memorable moments thus far:

>weeeee know whereeee you liveeee
>the piano in general on daydreaming
>it was just a lie, just a lie...
>the middle portion of ful stop with all the different layers of sound, the live drums kicking in, totally immersive
>the beautiful underwater feeling of glass eyes at the start
>broken hearts make it rain + the end guitar solo
>The numbers opening
>in you I'm lossst, in *you* I'm losssssssssst
>that bond theme sounding end to tinker tailor
>>
>>64763991
Literally was about to post this. Beat me to it. Headphones and my full undivided attention was needed for this. And holy fuck. It's good. 9.5/10 for me.
>>
>>64764193
It got to me so much I had to make a thread.
>>
Come on guys its just hype. Its a solid 7.

the bends, ok computer, kid a, amnesiac and in rainbows are better and you know it.

This is just radiohead making an album with old unreleased shit. Good shit, but not aoty material.
>>
>>64764259
Oh yeah, same here. Makes me wonder what the hell has been ggoing on in their lives considering how god damn depressing this album is
>>
>>64764325
I found it more relaxing than depressing desu.

Decks Dark is the comfiest RH song ever.
>>
>>64764325
Honestly, I only find daydreaming, true love waits and glass eyes to be all that depressing. It's a dark album for sure but the upbeat, high energy and especially funky moments on here stop it from being all out saddening to me.
>>
>>64764308
Truth

>memers implying any album is better than OK Computer
>>
>>64764405
>>64764308
OKC and Kid A are both 10/10, I never said they weren't. But they've had years of critique and people harking on about how good they are. This is the early days of this album sure, but I don't see why it can't also be regarded as on par with those albums. Maybe a light 10 rather than a strong 10.
>>
>>64764126
>synth/keys in daydreaming
>strings in the numbers
>and all you have to do is say yeah
their best since Kid A
>>
It's my new #3

Kid A
OKC
AMSP
IR
HTTT
Amnesiac
Bends
TKOL
PH
>>
can I get a good rip? the "FLAC" I got sounds like shit
>>
>>64764737
I would rank it #3 as well behind Kid A and Amnesiac.
>>
At first I thought it's a solid 7-8, but after 2 more times I just found myself drowning in this album, the journey is incredible, I can now safely say it's at the very least 8.5, but I tend towards 9-10
>>
>>64763991
I havent even listened to it yet and its a 7/10
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.