[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>your favorite station plays the same shit songs over and over why
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 18mkvqi3c9wstjpg.jpg (30 KB, 503x280) Image search: [Google]
18mkvqi3c9wstjpg.jpg
30 KB, 503x280
>your favorite station plays the same shit songs over and over

why
>>
Every station does. It's a million times better than normal radio stations, at least the ones I've heard, but radio stations do generally need to have repetition. They can't really just play completely new songs all the time. Blog radio on XMU is pretty good though at playing pretty obscure things and not really having much repetition. Generally the specialty shows are better than the normal programming. Dark Wave is another good program that's on First Wave.
>>
>>64740291
no, a station does not have to play new songs all the time, but it doesn't mean they have to play the same 25 songs over and over

they should be willing to play older songs but they don't seem to be
>>
>>64740365
What station are you talking about exactly?
>>
>>64740209
then why is it your favorite station?

and these days if you can afford Sirius you should also be able to afford a smartphone w/ of data, so you can stream whatever sort of internet radio you please, if not specific artists/albums/tracks
>>
Classic College Radio on Sirius XM played what was essentially all /mu/core music released between 1978 and 2004
>>
>>64740543
Haven't listened to that station but XMU has a classic indie rock show that airs at times. And generally XMU is very similar to /mu/ and other similar places. The minute Radiohead's new album came out they played the entire album.

They do have some bullshit but it's generally pretty good. Plus they also have Blog Radio which plays some pretty obscure things and I've found some cool stuff through it.

They take shots at Pitchfork sometimes too which is funny.
>>
>>64740614
>The minute Radiohead's new album came out they played the entire album.
BBC 6 Music did that too.
>>
>>64740524
>then why is it your favorite station?
curious about that as well.
>>
Sirius XMU goes through periods of sucking Bob Mould's dick and playing his stuff constantly and it's really annoying
>>
>>64740751
They play way too much Tame Impala too.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.