[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you have any favorite music or rhythm games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2221059-box_djhero.png (1 MB, 768x960) Image search: [Google]
2221059-box_djhero.png
1 MB, 768x960
Do you have any favorite music or rhythm games?
>>
desu, I feel like most rhythm games are a trap made for you to play at parties. But y'know what?Despite how shit DJ hero actually was, it actually had some pretty good tracks on there.
>>
>>64728230
Crypt of the Necrodancer.
It's a rhythm based dungeon crawler that you can play with a dance pad.
>>
>>64728931
Oh, and you can have it process your own music and play dungeons rhythmically to whatever the fuck you want.
I can't even beat the red dragon, but I still fucking love it.
>>
Parrapa the rapper
>>
>>64728230
Audiosurf and Beat Hazard are pretty good.
>>
Elite Beat Agents
>>
Hard to tell between Rock Band 2 or 3.
>>
IIDX of course. It's absolutely the most patrician rhythm game by far, only pop'n comes close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGJRQOCQLCI
>>
DDR still the best rhythm game
>>
>>64729070
EBA is my favorite rhythm game. osu! is a free version of it for the computer (or it was last I checked, years ago), but as the maps are usermade, it leans towards weeb shit.

>>64728961
Probably the very first one I played, a little short but still fun. I'm aware there's a sequel + Um Jammy Lammy or whatever, but I haven't played them.

>>64728998
I really like Audiosurf too, being able to use any song you want is great.

>>64729569
That looks less like a rhythm game proper, more like a "mash buttons while a song plays", you know?

One great one I've played recently is Cytus, for iOS and Android. It's like $2, though you can buy more tracks, but the base game has over 100 tracks in it, mostly types of electronic stuff but other genres appear too, with difficulties ranging from "do it in your sleep" to fucking impossible. I highly recommend it to anyone into these games. It plays similarly to EBA, which made me like it. They company has another game called Deemo or something, I haven't played it but I think it's a rhythm game with fewer tracks but a story or something? I think there are some other games I've played that are escaping me right now.
>>
>>64728230

donkey conga
>>
>>64728230

patapatapatapon
>>
>>64728230

Harmonix Guitar Hero games and Rock Band 2 seriously has the best setlists.
>>
>>64728230
DS rhythm heaven. its really addicting and pretty fun. lots of variety in the rhythm games. would recommend.
>>
>>64731561
maybe if youre a filthy rockist
>>
File: 1364453693858.png (81 KB, 409x406) Image search: [Google]
1364453693858.png
81 KB, 409x406
>>64729874
>praising osu
>praising audiosurf
>That looks less like a rhythm game proper, more like a "mash buttons while a song plays", you know?
>>
>>64728230
I got that back when I was a dadrock pleb, turns out there were actually some great mixes in it but I never played them. By the time I'd wisened up to good taste, my turntable controller was busted though. Just wasn't working for some reason and who knows where the fuck to find a new one.
>>
File: skaterboarder.jpg (78 KB, 387x704) Image search: [Google]
skaterboarder.jpg
78 KB, 387x704
>>64731590

GEE I WONDER WHY
>>
iidx/itg master race here
>>
>>64731603
I see what you mean about osu and my comment about IIDX, but what have you got against Audiosurf?
>>
>>64731185
I loved this game as a kid. It was a little boring going back to it for nostalgia though

>pata pata pata pon until enemies appear
>pon pon pata pon until they're dead
>chaka chaka every now and then

It doesn't baby your ability to keep perfect timing to keep combo going though, which keeps it a bit challenging
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.