[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the best 70s punk album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Damned_machine_gun_etiquette.jpg (45 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Damned_machine_gun_etiquette.jpg
45 KB, 300x300
is this the best 70s punk album?
>>
you may be on to something. highly underrated band. of course, their first LP is also in the contention.

I suppose whether or not we consider the NY Dolls to be "punk" is a huge factor.
>>
>>64727064
their debut never did a lot for me, barring a handful of tracks. a bit too flat and one-note for my tastes. i vastly prefer music for pleasure, machine gun etiquette, and the black album, with machine gun being my favorite. it has a fuller sound, is more sonically adventurous, and has a great melodic sense.
>>
Pink Flag, I'd say
>>
The Jam - In The City
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (68 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
68 KB, 1920x1080
Death - For The Whole World To See

Three black brothers in the 70's making punk music. This shit can never be repeated
>>
>>64728244
It's all right, but it's nothing stellar.
>>
>>64728244
I knew someone post this. You are wrong btw.
>>
What's everyone's thoughts on The Damned after they went goth.

Personally I liked Phantasmagoria on the first listen but not on any repeated listens
>>
>>64728740
haven't heard anything beyond black album but that's a really cool release. not entirely consistent but its kaleidoscopic diversity is a great charm.
>>
>>64726069
i saw them live once and they were the shit
>>
Fuck yes. The Damned will forever be my favorite punk band, and they combined punk that would later influence hardcore, gothic rock, and a bit of psychedelic rock to create the perfect the most amazing punk album that (I personally) have ever heard.

>>64727249
I like the debut a lot, but I agree. I feel like Music For Pleasure is one of those low-key /mu/core albums.

>>64728740
Their punk albums are my favorite of course, but the gothic era was just as good. I'd go Strawberries > Phantasmagoria >The Black Album > Anything.
>>
>>64729424
Listen to Ignite off Strawberries
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.