[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sup /g/ i need some technology advice, i'm recording a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
sup /g/

i need some technology advice, i'm recording a punk show later this week and turns out the mixer/soundboard at this venue is just a basic 4 channel mixer, which means i'm kinda fucked and probably can't record through the mixer/soundboard, i'm kind of desperate because i'm also playing at this show and cannot really afford a decent handheld recorder right now

so, i've decided to record the show by just using my laptop and a microphone at the back of the stage, will this be alright?

it's just a basic laptop, audacity, and a regular run of the mill microphone
>>
>>>/biz/
>>
>>64724362

aw fuck
i originally posted this in /g/ but i'm also looking for advice from /mu/ as well

sorry guize
>>
>>>/i/
>>
/gee/ i dunno
>>
>recording punk

Quality doesnt matter that much, you'll be fine.
>>
>>64724362
So why can't you use the soundboard?
>>
>>64724453

I asked if I could use the soundboard/mixer and they basically said I can't because it's a basic 4 channel mixer (whatever that means) and I wouldn't be able to.
>>
Back of the stage is the worst place to record from sound wise. Find a spot near the mixing desk. Try to get your hands on a condenser mic and remember to check the levels so you don't get any clipping.
>>
>>64724444
quads don't lie
>>
>>64724475
They're bullshitting you. There should still be direct-outs available, or at the very least you could send every channel to an aux and route that into a separate interface.
>>
>>64725056

Are direct outs the RCA red and white outputs?
>>
>>64725420
Yeah, you could use those, man. There might be a line out that will take a 1/4 inch TRS cable if you're lucky, too.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.