[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
about to listen to pic related for the first time.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
about to listen to pic related for the first time.
>>
fuk u
>>
>>64723739
yea
>>
Is it your first Swans?
>>
>>64723795
no, i'm a big fan of To Be Kind and i dig most of their violent stuff fromm the cop-era
>>
>>64723822
Oh, well you'll probably enjoy this then
>>
in all seriousness, I've been into music for my whole life, have listened to everything else they all call "mu-core" and make my own music. But i only pretend to listen to swans. Where do i start? ? ?the weirder, the better
>>
>>64723987
If you want the weirdest release, listen to Soundtracks for the Blind. Shit is a 3 hour surreal nightmare.
>>
>>64723987
start with Cop at full volume through goodamn giant speakers and be ready to get musically violated
>>
>>64723987
If you want to "get into" Swans, I'd suggest starting with Filth and move chronologically.

I you want weird, follow this anon's (>>64724009) advice, though I don't think Soundtracks is the best place to start for a new listener.

If you want the most accessible, start with The Great Annihilator.
>>
>>64724072
>If you want to "get into" Swans, I'd suggest starting with Filth and move chronologically.

Yes. And listen to each album 5 times before you move onto the next one. Be sure you really internalize every album. Take your time and have fun!
>>
>>64724287
>have fun
Not an option with early Swans. The best you can do is a groovy misery
>>
>>64723677
Only the first half is good.
>>
>>64724331
Unless you are lifting
>>
>>64724331
>Not an option with early Swans
Also not an option with 90s pre-SFTB Swans, as that music is derivative and awful imo
>>
Congratulations.
>>
>>64724028
>>64724072
>>64724009
>>64724287

thank you all for being on this site and not sucking. unless you're being sarcastic and I don't know it. Starting my swans adventure now.

becuase right now i can't tell who actually likes and who actually dislikes the new radiohead album.

>or anything for that matter.
>>
File: 1429694552880.jpg (11 KB, 219x200) Image search: [Google]
1429694552880.jpg
11 KB, 219x200
>this thread
>>
>>64725160
I know, an informative, non autistic thread on /mu/. Never thought I'd see the day
>>
>>64725126
chronological truly is the best order, it's cool to catch stuff like the burning world in context of their other releases

and make sure you listen to Swans Are Dead and Soundtracks after all else. easily their most powerful and captivating releases but only once you've tried everything they've done thus far
>>
>>64725126
im almost jealous.

my first Swans experience was soundtracks, and I listened in intervals because it was too much all at once
>>
File: T1nYeZe.jpg (727 KB, 2437x1448) Image search: [Google]
T1nYeZe.jpg
727 KB, 2437x1448
>>64723987
>>
>>64725548
this is perfect
>>
soundtracks is absolutely beautiful.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.