[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Talentless hack musicians who use their "depression"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: dan.png (480 KB, 394x507) Image search: [Google]
dan.png
480 KB, 394x507
ITT: Talentless hack musicians who use their "depression" for cheap attention instead of actual good songwriting
>>
>>64722082
But his songwriting is actually pretty good
>>
>>64722119
Shut up
>>
I think songs like Earthmover are pretty fucking cool in terms of writing.

I also own all of his shit on vinyl and have given him a lot of my money.

Dan is cool
>>
Dan is a cool dude but he's not depressed anymore so your point is null.
That being said I wish he was depressed again since he hasn't written anything good since his life improved
>>
>>64722082
I love his music but sometimes I get jealous of his intellect. Every album of his has a huge 100+ page booklet articulating his somewhat abstract ideas, and they're full of obscure references to philosophers and ancient writers and fables...I could never do anything like that. It kinda pisses me off.
>>
>>64722536
And you know what else? He literally has his life made up right now. Like, it seems like he just sort of dug himself out of that rut he was in when he wrote Deathconsciousness, and now he's happily running a business, living in a gorgeous but modest house with his hot wife and a cute kid. And a dog.
How the fuck do you go from almost killing yourself to that so quickly?! Teach me your ways goddamnit.
One minute he's writing this wonderfully profound manifesto on death and now he's perfectly content with life.
God I hate my life.
>>
>>64722516
>That being said I wish he was depressed again since he hasn't written anything good since his life improved
Remember that time /mu/ plotted to kill his wife so Dan would become depressed and write another good album?

Yeah /mu/ is fucking horrible.
>>
>>64722626
>Remember that time /mu/ plotted to kill his wife so Dan would become depressed and write another good album?
e-elaborate?
>>
>>64722626
>>64722657
I've never heard this lmao. I was just joking when I said I wish he was depressed again, I love seeing happy pictures of his family on facebook. I'd rather have a happy dan than more good music
>>
I think Dan and Tim should start doing more instrumentals and ambient stuff.
>>
>>64722718
Then get the fuck off this website normie
>>
Most male "musicians" do this
>>
>>64722599
I think his image and story is bullshit, even if he had depression he still used it as a marketing tool.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.