[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's time to kick out a band member. Our front man is unbearable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1460518507703.png (136 KB, 638x435) Image search: [Google]
1460518507703.png
136 KB, 638x435
It's time to kick out a band member. Our front man is unbearable embarrassing and can't handle himself on stage. Not to mention he can't sing well or play guitar (and insists on doing both).

Is it better to have everyone leave and start something new or just rip off the band aid and tell him to get out? He's getting the talk tonight one way or another.

Also feel free to post stories about giving someone the boot or being booted yourself.
>>
>>64716686
Does he contribute anything? Write the songs? Then you might run into a problem but yeah just tell him to gtfo
>>
>>64716759
We are playing 90% covers and he's forcing his songs be sprinkled into the set. They aren't awful but I don't think anyone is going to miss them.
>>
>>64716832
>90% covers
kek

It doesn't matter at all whether you kick him out or start a new group. That would only matter if you had a bunch of original songs that he'd fight you guys for if you kicked him out.
>>
teach him to sing and play guitar???
>>
>>64716832
>90& covers
It doesn't matter what you do, you can just break up the band and never play anything again. Your band is basically pointless pleb.
>>
>being in a band
>>
Why is it always shitty cover bands that have the most drama
>>
>>64716951
>>64717044
>>64717107
I'm all fairness we made the switch to covers to hopefully make it easier for the member in question. Most likely going to start writing original stuff once he's gone.
>>
you bastards!
>>
>cover band
LMAO I think you got bigger problems
>>
>>64716686

When Sonic Youth needed to let their first drummer go, they asked Kim to tell him. Both Thurston and Lee didn't have guts but Kim could make anyone uncomfortable.

So it's not an easy task. Here's what I'd advice based on some management tips I've read:

—Make the decision final.

—Don't leave a possibility of change. Say that it's been decided long ago by the whole band and nothing will change that.

—Don't listen to his reasons.

—Concentrate on where he has to go now. I don't know, tell him to join a different band, to take a rest, give him a sense of some other opportunity. The sooner he accepts he's out, the better.
>>
>>64717206
Great advice. Thank you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.