[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do we hate music that is aurally pleasing???
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: ear-diagrahm-300x230.jpg (21 KB, 300x230) Image search: [Google]
ear-diagrahm-300x230.jpg
21 KB, 300x230
Why do we hate music that is aurally pleasing???
>>
>>64711282
/mu/ represents the biggest faggots on this website.

When someone is "into" music, they are typically already a faggot. But when you get really snobby and contrarian about music, you transcend into a completely higher level of faggotry. People can be snobby about movies and literature and still be cool but being a cunt about music is the true mark of a permavirgin hipster shitstain.
>>
What is aurally pleasing differs from person to person. I do listen to what I find aurally pleasing.
>>
>>64711306
why
>>
i hear you talking about we a lot oh you speak french now?
>>
>>64711306
>>64711332
what's the difference between being a snobby faggot about art and cinema and being a snobby faggot about music then?
>>
>>64711282
I only like music that is aurally pleasing though.

Technically if something isn't aurally pleasing for you, you wouldn't like it.

btw are you retarded OP?
>>
>>64711282
Why? I love pleasant music. Some of my most favorite artists are Phil Collins, AC/DC and Def Leppard.

But there are different qualities of sound. It can be hypnotic like shoegaze, or violent and fast like punk.
>>
>>64711282
I know this girl, has a really pretty voice. "aurally pleasing" I guess you could say. anyway all she talks about is anime and cats, so I don't like talking to her.
>>
i like most music some of the time, and the rest of the time i enjoy very little of it
>>
In case I'm doing something.
>>
>>64711282
it's not the aurally pleasing part that contrarians hate. Mostly it's the level of depth (or rather, the lack thereof) that some songs have.

I have no qualms with catchy music. It's shallow/clichéd music I can't stand.
>>
>>64711306
Nice copypasta, mind if I save it?
>>
>>64711282
I-is that a spiral in the ear??
>>
>>64711325
BEST POST
>>
digesting music for its surface appeal is what normies do
>>
>>64711336
>oui
now get fucked
>>
>>64711439
lel
>>
>>64711605
I mean, I feel ya, but I still find myself indulging in "crappy" music because friends play it around me and I've begun to enjoy it. A lot of generic music has a very pleasing sound. I guess uhhh
>what's the disparity between the quality of music that is "good" and music that makes my ears happy?
>both are "good", just to different LITERAL senses.
>Can we decide which senses are more important than others?
>>
>>64711282

a lot of really "catchy" music is obvious and therefore boring.

i think porter robinson is pretty cool even though his progressions are generally obvious. i'm probably a pleb tho.
>>
>>64711372

What has nine arms and sucks?
>>
>>64711473
You might have bipolar disorder. Seriously.
>>
I fucking love listening to Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

I would never tell anybody tho
>>
>>64711439
Can I have her number? I'll buy you a fanta.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.