[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did power metal turn into a joke after this album?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
Why did power metal turn into a joke after this album?
>>
You know the answer to that.
>>
>>64710408
>after
>not during
t. Rise and Fall
>>
>>64710434
But I don't fampai. Does it have something to do with wankwie fagsteen?
>>
>>64710478
I used to think R&F ruined the feel of that album, then I realized it's probably the best track. Works on so many levels
>>
Pretty much. This was the album that really popularized the style over substance, cheesy ass shit, ignorant, "symphonic metal" with weak ass symphonic and weak ass metal elements within power metal.

Before this, a lot of power metal was from the US and sounded like the next logical evolution from Judas Priest/Iron Maiden. US Power Metal had powerful riffs that were used very well in the narrative form that riffs are used as in metal, meanwhile Euro Power Metal just had riffs that were more akin to glam metal riffs or catchy bits of pop music.

The power metal defense squad is about to come out though. "catchy music" weeaboo fans here love this stupid shit, especially the stuff that caught on in Japan as a result.
>>
>>64710541
But the Keeper albums were great. I think what Helloween did for power metal was similar to what Van Halen did to cause the rise of that glam/hair shit.
>>
File: 197778-long-live-rock-n-roll.jpg (286 KB, 1328x1800) Image search: [Google]
197778-long-live-rock-n-roll.jpg
286 KB, 1328x1800
How did we go from this
>>
File: dragonforce-4ff388fecf337.jpg (353 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
dragonforce-4ff388fecf337.jpg
353 KB, 1920x1080
>>64710695
to this
>>
File: malmsteen-yngwie-j-506938d281c03.jpg (567 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
malmsteen-yngwie-j-506938d281c03.jpg
567 KB, 1920x1080
What's going on here?
>>
>>64710527
agreed
power metal is supposed to be a joke
>>
>>64711446

fretboard showboating
>>
>>64711459
Being a joke isn't an excuse at being shit.
>>
>>64710723
desu I feel DF are the logical conclusion to power metal. they're ridiculous, yes, but the whole band is perfect on its own, their music is a whole universe of ebin future medieval shit, I just can't help but love it.

well at least until ZP left
>>
>>64711573
Kys
>>
>>64710695
Power metal is just Rainbow at a faster pace and cleaner production, what's the deal?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.