[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does he listen to?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8
File: IMG_2146.gif (997 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2146.gif
997 KB, 500x370
What does he listen to?
>>
He doesn't care for music much, but sings along when Africa or Don't Stop Believing come on.
>>
File: freeformjazz.jpg (96 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
freeformjazz.jpg
96 KB, 700x525
free form jazz
>>
gunpoint the soundtrack
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 570x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 570x300
what does he listen to?
>>
>>64711090
dadrock
>>
>>64710128
Phil Collins
>>
The objective best song ever featured on his TV show.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihP3fpLtpcM
>>
>>64711152
Lol, this scene and song was so out of nowhere. Like, the made no mention of James being a musician and then suddenly, there he was doing a recording sesh with the 2 honeys.
>>
>>64711152
What was the point of that scene? It was out of place even for Twin Peaks.
>>
Tibet field recordings
>>
File: pepe peaks.jpg (107 KB, 760x396) Image search: [Google]
pepe peaks.jpg
107 KB, 760x396
>>64711152
>mfw James turns out to be a huge pop star in the new series
>>
>>64711163
his voice was so offputting too
>>
Phillip Glass
>>
>>64711163
>>64711166
It was so out of place that it got stuck in my head immediately. I subsequently did a wholehearted cover of it on an EDM album where I sing with a pitched down voice. Not linking because I'm not shilling, but it got a good laugh at the release concert last night.
A bunch of over the top over produced rap/dance/EDM shit, and then an honest to god cover of some obscure Twin Peaks song.
>>
Just leaving this here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcZzcIuDoYU
>>
Speaking of James from Twin Peaks, has anyone seen the movie Vibrations? He's the main character and he has cyborg arms and plays techno.

It's fucking amazing.
>>
>>64711152
don't even have to click this to know what it is. twin peaks is my favorite show of all time but nearly everything with james throughout the entire series is fucking terrible. the bullshit with him fucking that housewife nearly singlehandedly ruins the entire second season.
>>
>>64710128
Progressive rock
>>
>>64711261
People always point to James and the housewife as being the low point, but I always thought Nadine and anything involving her was the most insufferable shit, ESPECIALLY after the superhuman shit started happening with her.
Michael Cera and the chick who played Nadine confirmed on the next season nearly made me want to not watch it. Then I remembered it's a fucking unbelievable show with extremely lovable characters so of course I'll watch.
>>
>>64711163
The show is very heavily centered around music, and this scene used music, albeit in a more "in your face" way to show the growing tension between James and Laura II (Madi Palmer)
>>
>>64711237
>Where the hell have you been, Jeffries!

>meme school
>>
>>64711295
Nadine was fine up until the amnesia. The whole second season was going well until they started bringing on more unmemorable side characters.
>>
>>64711295
oh I definitely agree about the nadine shit too. there's some occasionally funny moments with it, mostly from ed's reactions but the vast majority of it seems like a cartoon. it's really bad.

i have faith in the new series as long as lynch is able to do what he wants. all the stuff like the james/housewife storyline and nadine going back to high school were added once lynch was pretty much gone from the show. as long as they stay out of his way (and i don't see why they would even do the revival if that wasn't the plan), i think it will turn out good.
>>
>>64711348
It might just be knowing that she's terrible in the second season, but now every time I rewatch I can't stand her even in the first season.
The second season was amazing and then they reveal the killer, which I still think the jail cell scene is one of the best of the entire run. It falls off for a good while until Windom comes on. Even then, it only gets REALLY back into it during the last 3 episodes.
>>
File: xiu-xiu-twin-peaks.jpg (70 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
xiu-xiu-twin-peaks.jpg
70 KB, 1024x1024
>>64710128
>>
>>64711090
Primus
>>
>>64711254

https://youtu.be/lyvkNDtW7Lw
kek, amazing
>>
>>64711166
pretty much every scene is just to have X character together with X character
>>
>>64711519
xiu xiu dropped the version of the soundtrack that was meant for the black lodge
>>
Twin Peaks is shit and by far the worst thing David Lynch ever did. The only salvageable episodes were the first ~6 or so of Season 2. It's a soap opera with surreal elements thrown in just for the sake of it, and was only ever popular for its soap opera elements (which is why people complained when Lynch refused to reveal the killer week after week).
>>
File: bait.jpg (36 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
36 KB, 625x626
>>64711892
>>
File: 139.gif (502 KB, 400x350) Image search: [Google]
139.gif
502 KB, 400x350
>>64711892
>>
>>64711892
>>64711892
> It's a soap opera with surreal elements thrown in just for the sake of it

They tie in pretty heavily, what do you mean just for the sake of it?
>>
>>64711152
Why do people hate this scene / song? It's total Lynch
>>
>>64711994
He's a pleb, that's the only explanation you need
>>
I liked it before it was cool.
>>
Coop comes off as a man who would only listen to instrumental music
Also he is the best character ever created and Kyle plays him perfectly
>>
>>64711152
This was literally the dumbest fucking scene like holy shit
>>
File: Marina & The Diamonds.jpg (11 KB, 186x271) Image search: [Google]
Marina & The Diamonds.jpg
11 KB, 186x271
>>64710128
i thought this was Matthew Perry so i'm just gonna post what he would like
>>
>>64711090
Is that Thom Yorke?
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.