[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SONG OF THE YEAR
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2
File: FSTOP.png (16 KB, 306x278) Image search: [Google]
FSTOP.png
16 KB, 306x278
SONG OF THE YEAR
>>
why did they spell it ful instead of full
>>
i think you mean decks dark
>>
>>64709534
Because ful isn't full. It's missing something. A letter. L.
>>
>>64709516

Girl Loves Me
>>
>>64709534
they spelled it so it contradicted itself, it's not a full spelling of full
>>
>>64709534
They were typing Full and then they stopped.

And then they typed Stop.
>>
>>64709534
It's edgy

>>64709539
The first 3/4ths are great..But does anyone feel like the last part is poorly mixed? It sounds too quiet. A lot of the bass on the album sounds poorly mixed desu. Some drums too.
>>
>>64709594
What are you smoking dude?
The production on this thing is about as fancy as the cinematography in the revenant. I can't find anything to complain about on that front, apart from that it may be a bit too "perfect".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DgBfiXXzic

sounds like this track
>>
>>64709516
that's a weird way to spell f[spoiler]Present Tense[/spoiler]ull
>>
Colin is the real MVP on this track
>>
>>64709534
>why did they spell it ful instead of full
because it's a nod to johnny cash's folsom
>>
>>64709516
Meme song

Tinker Tailor on the other hand, specifically the second half, is mind-blowing, probably because i wasn't expecting it to be that good, it surprised the hell out of me
>>
Based off the live version I was expecting something heavier, but I've still played the shit out of it today. Maybe their most menacing song since Wolf at the Door, or even National Anthem.
>>
>>64709534
ful means ugly in swedish so it means ugly stop
>>
>>64710156

"Meme Song"

Unlike a song named after a shitty spy movie
>>
>>64710156
>meme song
what does that even mean?
>>
>>64711858
>>64711882
It means go fuck yourself memelords
>>
>>64709516
>Not The Numbers
Both tracks are literally 10/10 though
>>
>>64711858
that movie is comfy as hell

kill yourself
>>
The first 3 minutes were pretty boring/tedious though
>>
>>64709516
I think I like decks dark and glass eyes more than ful stop.

>Great

Burn The Witch
Daydreaming
Decks Dark
Glass eyes
Identikit

Good:
The Numbers
Desert Island Disk
True Love Waits (older versions are better desu and this version has a high pitched tone throughout)
Ful Stop

Meh:
Tinker Tailor

Gross:
Present Tense
>>
why did he fuck up Identikit's melody
>>
>>64712251
>Gross:
>Present Tense
This invalidates your entire opinion.

>>64712297
This is why I didn't listen to any of those songs until they were released on record.

That said I'm pissed because after hearing the album and THEN hearing True Love Waits' original version, I'm disappointed with what we got.
>>
new True Love Waits is best song
>>
>>64712337
You like the shitty jamaican marimba and maraca music? pleb.

It's a garbage song.
>>
File: john.png (295 KB, 545x395) Image search: [Google]
john.png
295 KB, 545x395
>>64712337
Youve never heard the original true love waits before??
>>
>>64709594
bass guitar could have been more prominent yeah
>>
>>64709516
This is song of the year actually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXdW0g6jAxE
>>
I really want to hear all the versions of TLW the band has worked on over the years. Especially the ones they tried during Kid A/Amnesiac.
>>
>>64712435
Oddly enough, no. And i'm not even that new.
>>
>>64712446
I think they just ahd the acoustic one during kid a

in a radio interview during the year 2000 Thom said that one sounded pretty good as it was when a listener asked if theyd release a studio version
>>
>>64712431
ok to be fair, you're the pleb because it's brazilian music. but i'm not that guy and I do think it's a bad song
>>
>>64712497
at least you agree it's shit.

Doesn't belong on the album. They should have put big boots or lift on it instead.
>>
Wonder what new/old unheard songs we'll see in the setlist this time around.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.