[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can somebody explain the point of this site? Does it give you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (26 KB, 247x249) Image search: [Google]
image.png
26 KB, 247x249
can somebody explain the point of this site? Does it give you recommendations / help with music discovery, or do people rate albums just for the sake of it?
>>
both
it's decent as a database too
>>
>>64702415
>does it give you recs?
shit ones

>help with music discovery?
immensely
>>
>>64702415
I use it to get an easy view of producers and discography's of bands. Helps with choosing starting albums to listen to. Also some reviews can be pretty funny. As long as you don't take it too seriously, it's a great site.
>>
>>64702415
The biggest strength of the site is the user-made lists. There's a lot of people with good taste that list their favorite obscure releases. Make friends with people who have similar taste as you and explore and you can find a lot of good stuff.
>>
>>64702415
It's the best way to discover new music on the web
>>
Also the top charts are way more reliable than any other top lists on the internet
>>
>>64702558
genre tops and esoteric charts are fukken sikk
>>
I use it to find new music, and seeing all the albums I've listened to makes my dick hard
>>
>>64702523
this

lists are a gold mine
>>
It's great for cataloging music

I don't even post my profile here
>>
>>64702579
This. The esoteric charts are a good way to find nice music that isn't too popular.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.