[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When was the last time you bought a recording (vinyl or some
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5
File: 6.png (309 KB, 768x411) Image search: [Google]
6.png
309 KB, 768x411
When was the last time you bought a recording (vinyl or some other format), subscribed to a streaming service or went out to see a band?

I have never done this, despite having 100 GB of music on my external hard drive. I laugh at people who spend their shekels on musicians and bands.
>>
I ordered $65 of vinyl online yesterday, the day before I bought $80 of vinyl from record stores, and today I'm gonna spend probably another $20-$40 on the new Boris/Merzbow album.

Also, last week I saw Melt-Banana, Melvins, and Napalm Death live.
>>
>>64692332
I put out an order for a DMZ record worth around 200 quid two hours ago.
Seller gonna contact me soon.
>>
>>64692518
Wew, which record m8?
>>
>>64692589
Second one.
>>
>>64692332
I saw Boris three days ago, and I bought the Fishmans' Long Season on vinyl a few weeks back.
>>
ordered the yellow vinyl of bottomless pit
>>
>>64692638
Horror show 10/10 tune desu.
>>
>>64692791
But is it worth 200 quid?
Probably not.
I don't care, though.

But it's not just about Horror Show, every single tune on the plate is brilliant.
>>
I love how this immediately became a pro-merch thread lmao
>>
>>64692507
>new Boris/merzbow
It's mediocre bro
>>64692752
Copped me one of these
>>
1997, a cassette tape of Skank with this song:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjPtwYunRq4 (there are naked women in the vid though)
>>
I don't want to own physical media and digital is still way too expensive for what you get.
Spotify and alternatives don't have the music I listen to.
Musicians don't come to my country

I have >3 TB worth of 192-320 kbps MP3s. I am literally the worst.
>>
I saw Tobacco about a month ago and bought the newest Beach House album about a week ago.
>>
>>64692878
>But is it worth 200 quid?
Well, nah. But no record is worth that imo. I hope it's NM if you're paying that much.
>>
>>64692996
Looked p good when I saw it.
>>
I go see shows whenever bands I like come around (ohio) and buy vinyl records sometimes as well, though usually used.

the bulk majority of my music is pirated though and I don't care.
>>
>>64692921
>It's mediocre bro
I heard it yesterday, I like it. It has songs from albums I'll probably never be able to find anymore like Amplifier Worship and Pink.
>>
>>64692923
>(there are naked women in the vid though)
The whole video are naked women, anon.
>>
>>64692332
>When was the last time you bought a recording (vinyl or some other format)
The King of Limbs LP in 2011
>went out to see a band?
Radiohead in 2012
>>
Spotify is 5 bucks a month and super worth the convenience. Then again I'm not a total poorboi
>>
>>64693197
>giving money to spotify
>>
>>64692929
>3 TB
lol, how?
I've been cherishing my music downloads for 10 years now (deleted a lot of 128kbps stuff though), and I've got about 160 GB. With 18500 songs, that's downloading an average of 5 tracks a day.
>>
>>64693197
If you weren't a total poorboi you would support artists by buying their merch instead of getting cucked by spotify
>>
>>64692332
You've never seen a band? damn
>>
>>64692988
So tobacco back in January. He didn't have any crazy visuals but got damn it was a rad show
>>
>>64692332
I bought two Locust Toybox albums.
Because I couldn't find them anywhere.
Before I got slsk of course.
>>
>>64693294
have to say a third of those 160 gigs are from the last 2 years after rediscovering soulseek
>>
>>64693654
Yeah. Bringing out the gong was pretty great.
>>
>>64692332
>When was the last time you bought a recording (vinyl or some other format)
Friday
>subscribed to a streaming service
I think 2013
>or went out to see a band?
Friday
>>
>>64692332
Umm wow, I don't buy music as often as I should but I still make allocations of money to do so for the artists I listen to often and I always go to live shows. Live shows are some of their biggest money and are usually tons of fun. I'm so you like to sit in your basement and listen to music only.
>>
Bought No Love Deep Web at the store the other day
Saw Michael Gira and Kristof Hahn a month ago
>>
>>64692332
Yesterday. I buy what I like on vinyl and download shit too.
>>
I have the first release of this is it

That's about it

I also have an official the stokes shirt
>>
I probably spend $100 a month on vinyl, some new, mostly used. I can afford it and like to collect vinyl.
>>
>>64693250
>$5 a month for a superior experience
>>
>>64696399
What makes it superior?
>>
>>64692332
don't do vinyl
streaming services are scams
i'm going to buy radiohead's new album once i find that itunes card i have sitting around in my room somewhere
i've never been to a concert
>>
>>64696433
convenience
>>
>>64697691
How

YouTube and torrent are as much convenient as it if not more

And both are free
>>
>>64698012
>someone tells me about an artist
>their entire discography is available in a few presses at 320kbps with no ads
>>
>>64698296
Yeah I know how torrent works
>>
>>64698331
finding a good torrent with good seeders at 320kbps is slower than two clicks
>>
>>64698012
Torrent isn't as convenient as streaming
Youtube is 128 kbps
>>
I go to shows like 4 nights a week

if you don't then you probably just like surface level pap
>>
>>64698400
Having it saved on your phone/computer>>>>streaming

>>64698370
If you're already on the site you just need to click search and click the magnet

Aka 2 clicks and you can also choose to download in flac(if you're a meme fag)
>>
>>64692332
I still buy CDs.

I can afford them, and besides, I like having something physical.

I only pirate when prices for something out-of-print is full retard.
>>
>>64698465
>Having it saved on your phone/computer>>>>streaming
Based on convenience? Not really
I mean I use both Spotify and have a huge ass music folder, but for convenience Spotify beats it by a mile.
>>
>>64698619
But what happens when you want to listen to x album but for some reason you don't have access to internet
>>
I gave Swans 100 of my dollars for their new album and will get the stuff in that package.

I usually go out to see shows mostly local unless some actually good big name's playing around here.
>>
>>64698706
Spotify lets you save tracks and albums for offline playback.
>>
>>64692332
>Bought a recording
2014, I think? I got that record store day Julia Holter 7' and the Alvvays record on a whim and never played either
>Streaming service
Never ever. I am morally opposed to subscription services that can only serve to homogenise our already homogeneous human culture.
>Went to a show
Like... A week and a half ago, I think.

I think it's weird that you've never bought music or gone to a see anything live, I was going to shitty 'underground punk' gigs when I was like 14 so it just seems weird to me. You should try get out to one, OP, they can be good.
>>
>>64698798
You know what also does that and for free?

Torrent
>>
>>64698905
Spotify is faster and more convenient.

see>>64698370
>>
>>64692332
The last show I went to was Joyce Manor like a year ago. I'm going to see Weezer in June in Virginia Beach but only because my friend lives there and bought me a ticket.
>>
>>64699199
I already destroyed that argument
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 250x241) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 250x241
>>64699955
>>
A week ago.
I bought Endtroducing for $20 at the record store.
>>
>>64699955
what a waste of those juicy digits
>>
>>64692332

>When was the last time you bought a recording

Yesterday, I bought John Zorn's Spillane LP, and a couple of days before that, Ulver's Bergtatt LP reissue.

I do pirate stuff, and keep on pirating. If I really like the albums, I buy them whenever I can. Simple as that.
>>
File: bc554f4a.png (451 KB, 740x740) Image search: [Google]
bc554f4a.png
451 KB, 740x740
>>64692332
Yesterday.
It seem murricans have their vinyl pricing much higher than here in Yurop? A LP is like 10€ at all live shows I've been to, but the few times I've seen sell them for like 20€, so it was damn expensive but otoh I've downloaded everything Gaza and Cult Leader ever done and loved the shit out of it throughout the year so I'm fine. :3

And they were hella awesome live!
>"This song is dedicated to my parents"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE5DO-Qvit0
>>
>>64692332
>>
File: cover.jpg (413 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
413 KB, 659x659
>>64692332
Paid for this just yesterday, well worth my $5.
>>
>>64692332
Literally bought Bottomless Pit earlier today.
I see local bands and buy their shit.
I frequently buy merch.
I buy vinyl of an album I absolutely love.
And fuck streaming services.
>>
>>64692332
>bought a recording (vinyl or some other format)
Over the last couple weeks I've bought 17 LPs and 20 CDs

>subscribed to a streaming service
I refuse to pay for downloads/streaming

>went out to see a band?
last summer
>>
>>64692332
live music is the patrician's choice for consuming auditory art.
>>
>>64692332
I bought a Siouxsie and the Basnhees DVD a couple of months ago, but I spend way more money on merch than music.

I'm subscribed to Spotify, but rarely use it. I can count on my fingers the number of times I've actually listened to an album on there.

I go to a show at least once a month usually. Last I saw was At the Drive-In in April.

When I graduate and can afford a decent setup I'll almost certainly start collecting vinyl.
>>
>>64692332
Well aren't you edgy and special
>>
pre-ordered Bottomless Pit on friday
>>
>>64692332
I buy about $500 worth of CD a month
>>
>>64692332
bought a few vinyls on record store day. i pay for streaming and went to a music festival last week.
>>
>>64705023
how
>>
>>64692332
i have hundreds of records, tapes, and cds but have never payed an artist. always buy used from record stores or people online. go to shows usually but i doubt the artists at most get payed.
>>
I preordered Moose Blood - Blush on limited edition vinyl today.
>>
>>64692332

I spend at least 2-300 euros every month on physical album (mostly cds)
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.