[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Logic & Philosophy Themed Albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: muh philosophy.jpg (88 KB, 824x299) Image search: [Google]
muh philosophy.jpg
88 KB, 824x299
Are there any albums that focus heavily on dialectics and/or the teachings of philosophy?

I'm hoping to find mostly metal and classical, but any genre will do. The spergier the better.

>inb4 Logic the rapper
>>
all the philosophers in the leddit tier image you posted are not worth reading
prove me wrong
>>
>>64682242
Plato is literally the only thinker apart from Jesus Christ that is worth reading.
>>
>>64682293
underage pls
>>
>>64682242

plebeian
>>
>>64682293
did you mean "wittgenstein"?
>>
>>64682350
Yes, Wittgenstein is necessary if you've poisoned your mind with shitty post-Cartesian philosophy, but at that point you have already shit the bed.
>>
babbys first philosophy, but great for a rap record
>>
>>64682165
the answer, predictably, is no

Milo did a philosophy degree iirc and he namedrops philosophy-related stuff but that's the most
>>
I don't know any album adressing this matter, I mean philosophy is everywhere it's never the principal subject of musicians.

will surely listen if someone gives examples
>>
>>64682399

But if you can appreciate mythology, there's this :

Soul Zodiac - Cannonball Adderley
>>
Gorguts - Colored Sands
Pallbearer - Sorrow And Extinction
Rune - The End Of Nothing
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
>>
Mournful Congregation - The Monad Of Creation
dISEMBOWELMENT - Transcendence Into The Peripheral
>>
>>64682378
>>64682416
>>64682449
Thank you for not shitposting.
>>
YEEZYZYSYSYZZUZ
>>
>>64682567
thanks
>>
>>64682165
Well Wagner's stuff is related to Schopenhauer (Ring des Nibelungen) or christian Mysticism (Parsifal). But it isn't like that got metioned, you can find just structures of those ideas in the aesthetics, structure or plot.
>>
>>64682242
socrates didn't leave any writings
proven wrong, dipshit
>>
>no orchid
skramz is full of artsy kids who read and screamed about philosophy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAaoQFbSGDc
>>
>>64682165

well there's Jay-Z's verse on here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJt7gNi3Nr4
>>
>>64682293
>Jesus Christ
>reading
>>
>>64684922

I MAKE LOVE IN THEORY AND TOUCH MYSELF IN PRACTICE
>>
this record is about hegel and lacan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h73FFgyp7JI
>>
Deathspell Omega's three most recent albums are a philosophical treatise about religion
>>
HHH literally created his own philosophy and expresses it's themes in Aesthetica and The Ark Work (and touches on bits of it in his manifesto)
>>
File: Reflektor.jpg (66 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
Reflektor.jpg
66 KB, 630x630
>>64682165
Arcade Fire is a must if you're looking for philosophy based or inspired music, particularly philosophical themes of enlightenment, like basically Plato's The Cave is AF's music in a nutshell

I also recommend artist like:
The Flaming Lips
The National
Love
Pink Floyd
The Chameleons
Radiohead
Kendrick Lamar
Have A Nice Life
Built To Spill
Modest Mouse
Unwound
Wire
>>
>>64682293
The only philosopher worth reading is Karl Marx
>>
>>64682242
>posts foundations of (Western) philosophy
>literally modern phil and a number of great thinkers wouldn't exist without the great Greek names
>not worth reading
>stay /contrarian/ 4chin and /mu/
>>
>>64687652
The fact u recommended the flaming lips makes this whole post moot since wayne coyne writes like a 5 year old child who just saw half of 1984 on tv and thinks hes deep
>>
>>64687652
AND DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THE NATIONAL

tho unwound and the chameleons are top notch
>>
File: cover.jpg (568 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
568 KB, 700x700
>>64683108
Jej

I guess you could say Sound Of Rum/Kate Tempest
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.