[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this is the greatest album ever, that polyrhythmic sections are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5
File: tmr.jpg (274 KB, 700x516) Image search: [Google]
tmr.jpg
274 KB, 700x516
this is the greatest album ever, that polyrhythmic sections are so amazing. Prove me i'm wrong
>>
you can't tell me what to do
>>
That's right the mascara snake!
Fast and bulbous!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfrEMgJbu14
>>
Hi Matt! please stop doing the simpsons is over already
>>
Why listen to Beefheart when you can listen to Zappa instead?
>>
>>64665167
Beefheart was an amazing artist and the rest of his discography has plenty of great albums in various styles.
TMR was him just trying really hard to be odd
The album pushed experimental music forward with it's infuence but as an album by it self is really just the theory it was trying to convey
>>
>>64665230
Nice anime avatar, Jesus of Cool.
>>
There's nothing like Hair Pie Bake One prove me i'm wrong too
>>
File: Capture.png (596 KB, 868x653) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
596 KB, 868x653
>>64665302
he's a meme connoisseur
>>
>>64665263
Because Beefheart isn't a talentless hack
>>
File: Costanza.jpg (10 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Costanza.jpg
10 KB, 250x250
>>64665490
>>
>>64665490
at least zappa made actual music
>>
>>64665167
I do not know, that album is too fast and bulbous.
>>
>>64665167
i tried so hard to like this album due to all the praise it got here

but i couldn't, its all super random and wasn't going anywhere, i like weird music but it should at least make sense
>>
>>64665167
well, is not perfect, but is pretty damn good, if you can got it ;)
>>
File: hank angle.png (191 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
hank angle.png
191 KB, 500x500
>>64665490

>trying this hard to be contrarian
>>
>>64665584
have you even listened to safe as milk? i actually know you haven't because of how much like "actual music" that album sounds.
>>
>>64665757
it's random in the way it was put together like one of burroughs's collages or something, but i don't see why you think this is necessarily a bad thing. what does "make sense" even mean? isnt being exposed to different worlds/aesthetics one of the most satisfying experiences you can have with art? isnt it sublime to enter an alien world?
>>
File: twininfinities-royaltrux.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
twininfinities-royaltrux.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
>>64665167
It got a 2.0 update:
>remove jazz
get with the times grandpa
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.