[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
objective radiohead rankings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 25
File: maxresdefault.jpg (421 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
421 KB, 1417x1417
what is the objective ranking for radiohead albums and why is it
1. In Rainbows
2.Amnesiac
3. Kid A
4. ok computer
5. TKOL
>>
>>64661800
>only ranking 5 albums
>IR at the top or even top 4
OKC
Kid A
Amnesiac
HTTT
TKOL
IR
TB
PH
>>
>>64661800
The thing is that while the rest of the rankings are perfect, I could see Amnesiac being anywhere on that list.
>>
check the catalog
>>
>>64661864
>okc at #1
explain yourself
>>
Ok Computer is first no matter what because of the context of its release and it's influence but , from a pure musical standpoint , i would say that the bends , ok computer , in rainbows and Kid A are all at the same level .
>>
>>64661864
>>IR at the top or even top 4
In Rainbows deniers/revisionists should be executed tbqhwy
>>
>>64661800
there is not objective ranking you faggot, you can't measure quality of music

even ranking albums is cancer, shit, it all depends on a lot of stuff, there are even some research that point that preference of music genre strongly depends on personality and social status
>>
File: wrong.png (315 KB, 442x423) Image search: [Google]
wrong.png
315 KB, 442x423
LP9
Hail to the Thief
Kid A
Amnesiac
TKOL
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The Bends
Pablo Honey
>>
1-Ok Computer at first because it has a big influence in the actual bands
2-Kid A for being a experimental and high ambitious album that created his own style
3-Amnesiac because despite is of the same sessions that kid a is quite different and as extension has great songs
4-Hail to the thief
5- In Rainbows
6-The Bends
7-the king of limbs, experimentation with no great results
8-Pablo Honey, when radiohead was fated to be a mtv band
>>
>>64661905
it has their three best songs, paranoid, let down and climbing up the walls. electioneering is one of the funnest songs radoihead has ever made, fitter happier their best interlude, and OKC's only mediocre track is karma police. OKC is incredibly consistent and has some of their best work.
>>
Kid A
Amnesiac
Ok Computer
In Rainbows
The Bends
Hail to the Theif
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey
>>
>>64661931
>HTTT ranked higher than any other Radiohead album
I get that you're joking, but it's still not a cool thing to do.
>>
In Rainbows > Kid A > Amnesiac > whatever
>>
>>64661981
Not a joke, it's almost perfect.
>>
>>64661921
this desu.
>15 step
that fucking guitar tone and riff progression
>bodysnatchers
raw energy and power coming from the distorted guitar
>nude
literally makes anyone with ears cry
>reckoner and jigsaw
literally impossible to dislike
>videotape
perfect close to the album, fantastic piano chord progression.

I will never understand IR deniers
>>
I'm listening to In Rainbows and I cannot believe how good this album is still. It's been almost 10 years senpai, IR is easily their best project to me.

IR >>>> Kid A = Amnesiac > OKC > TKOL > TB > HTT > PH
>>
File: 21898300328_10154164678130329.png (441 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
21898300328_10154164678130329.png
441 KB, 600x398
>>64662037
>when the guitar kicks in on 15 Step
>>
>>64661981
>He can't into HTTF
Jokes on you it's a fantastic album.
>>
File: da3.jpg (83 KB, 672x1019) Image search: [Google]
da3.jpg
83 KB, 672x1019
>>64662076

>my fw Reckoner
>>
>>64662037
Weird Fishes might be my most listened-to song of all time
>>
OK Computer
Kid A
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
HTTT
TKOL
The Bends
The Life of Pablo

obviously
>>
>>64662061

agreed IR is clearly their peak, I'm hype af to see how LP9 turns out, what if it's self-titled?
>>
LP9 will be as good as Kid A, OK C, and In Rainbows but /mu/ will shit on it of course
>>
>>64661973
>their three best songs
gonna have to wholeheartedly disagree famalam.

>you can't deny that 15 step is at worst a perfect song.
>you can't deny you don't get chills while listening to nude and reckoner
>you can't deny the falsetto on bullet proof I wish I was doesn't affect you on an emotional level
>>
>>64662151
Almost,
but switch IR and Kid A
>>
>>64662165
also,
>not having thome's dancing ingrained into your mind whenever you listen to lotus flower
>>
>Amnesiac
>Kid A
>The Bends
>In Rainbows
>Ok Computer
>The King of Limbs
>Hail To The Thief
>Pablo Honey
>>
>>64662162

I really hope it's excellent, I thought I was over Radiohead!!! This is very exciting time for me
>>
>>64662061
based fellow IR patrician
>>
>>64662149
>that name
>this statement
Drop life, scrub.
>>
>>64662037
This analysis is on point. If "you'll go to hell for what your dirty mind is thinking" doesnt hit something inside you I think something is wrong
>>
>>64662149
>tfw listened to that song while standing cliffside at the beach.
ultimate human experience highly recommend
>>
>Kid A
>In Rainbows
>OK Computer
>HttT
>Amnesiac
>TKOL
>The Bends
>Pablo Honey
>>
>>64662249
Anime is for crypto-pedos
>>
On relisten In Rainbows is probably one of the best albums since 2000 any genre. Anyone else agree?
>>
>>64662340
+1 anon I feel you.
the guitar tones used in IR should be illegal they're so fucking good
>>
>>64662340
Either In Rainbows or Newsom's Have One On Me.
>>
>>64662165
15 step is at best a boring song.
>>
>>64662421
>he doesn't cream when the guitar comes in on 15 step

you should probably get your ears checked, anon.
>>
>In Rainbows
>TKOL
>Kid A
>OKC
>The Bends
>Amnesiac
>HTTT
>Pablo Honey
>>
File: thomas-pynchon.jpg (85 KB, 620x410) Image search: [Google]
thomas-pynchon.jpg
85 KB, 620x410
Objective ranking here

1. Kid A (flawless)
2. In Rainbows (don't feel House of Cards, Reckoner is one of the best tracks of all time)
3. Amnesiac (Don't like Knives Out that much, still stellar)
4. The King of Limbs (I understand the criticism, but I have grown to love this album so much. Only weak point is Mr. Magpie imo)
5. OK Computer (Massively overrated, especially the singles)
6. The Bends (Eh, good rock I guess)
7. Hail to the Thief (Very unpleasant to listen to with some stellar tracks (There There) in between)
8. Pablo Honey
>>
>>64662421
>not grooving the fuck out to the groovy opener of in rainbows which is groovy
>>
>>64662385
>>64662403

Joanna Newsom would be up there! In particular for Have One On Me. But the thing about In Rainbows is it's so brisk, I'm already finishing Videotape and it feels like I put it on not long ago at all... the songs are so well constructed that none of them overstay. I also love the sense of finality it has with Videotape. Incredible record.
>>
Kid A
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
OK Computer
HTTT
TKOL
The Bends
Pablo Honey

You know it's true guys
>>
>>64662489

>doesn't feel House of Cards

Maybe you should listen again, anon
>>
>>64662541
It's not that I don't like it, but I truly think is is the weakest track on the album.
>>
>>64662569
Faust Arp maybe weaker, I agree that it's one of the weaker tracks though
>>
>>64662506
I'm not groovy

>>64662604
Are you serious because you're seriously wrong
>>
>>64662604
I really love the strings on Faust Arp, they're so mellow and buttery.
>>
>>64662037
You just explained it yourself. IR is objectively good, so the hipsters must claim to hate it.
>>
Daydreaming got me excited for the next LP. It sounds like they're releasing something a little darker than the last two. Will this be the Amnesiac to TKOL? If so I am beyond ready.
>>
8. Pablo Honey
7. The Bends
6. Hail to the Thief
5. The King of Limbs
4. Amnesiac
3. OK Computer
2. Kid A
1. In Rainbows
>>
>>64661960
okc is whiny shit, yorke's singing on it has aged quite poorly. a couple nice songs to be sure.
>>
>>64661800
>Kid A
>OK Computer
>Pablo Honey
>Amnesiac
>The King Of Limbs
>The Bends
>Hail To The Theif
>In Rainbows
>>
>>64661864
Do you remember when /mu/ wasn't contrarian? Yeah me neither.
>>
>>64662952
wew
>>
>>64662037
>>64662076
>>64662149
>>64662255
>>64662729
I don't get it. It's good music but I don't hear anything transcendent. I put on 15 step expecting something really spectacular and it's just like, a nice guitar part and a cool beat with annoying vocals.
>>
File: 1431914939930.png (258 KB, 549x560) Image search: [Google]
1431914939930.png
258 KB, 549x560
>>64662308
Did you really think that reply would in some way make you look better?
>>
>>64662489
>5. OK Computer (Massively overrated, especially the singles)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHS3ci9H_Uc
>>
>>64662999
>annoying vocals
how the fuck did you come to this conclusion?
>>
you guys are telling me that ok computer isn't their masterpiece?
>>
>>64662999
bodysnatchers is playing now, this is much more interesting to me
>>
>>64662999
this. it's a good song but it's very simplistic. and yes, radiohead is at its best when tehy're making complex music. IR is their simplest record and one of their most boring.
>>
>>64663049
ugh, they just sort of wander aimlessly, it's like he stepped up to the mic without a clear idea of what he wanted to do
>>
>>64663055
Don't browse /mu/ while listening to IR. Go sit in a dark room under the covers and close your eyes. Then enter the realm of Thom Yorke.
>>
>>64663056
>implying simplicity makes an album bad
this is why its such a phenomenal album, because of how simple the songs are musically, yet they have such a powerful impact on the listener.
>>
>>64663056
i'm agree here
>>
>>64663103
nah, i'm in my warm open living room with huge window looking out into nature, it is good setting

'nude' now playing. pretty good but i couldn't listen to this all the time, would probably skip during most playthroughs. it's this album's "changes"
>>
weird fishes. i was hoping for something more exciting after nude. again it's not BAD but wtf, this is someone's FAVORITE FUCKING SONG??
>>
File: DW.jpg (8 KB, 211x237) Image search: [Google]
DW.jpg
8 KB, 211x237
>>64663206
>he didn't get to the second half of the song yet
>>
>>64663235
i like it better but kinda feel like as usual thom adds nothing to the song, just tacked on with no real idea of what to do
>>
'all i need' is my second favorite so far after bodysnatchers. kind of a ritual union-era little dragon vibe to the synth
>>
>>64663302
although it gets kinda sappy at the end to be honest
>>
'faust arp' totally nondescript and boring
>>
>>64661800

PH
TKOL
HTTT
Amnesiac
IR
TB
OKC
KA
>>
>>64663414
What did you expect from the IR Treefingers?

Luckily for you, Reckoner is the best track.
>>
ok computer
kid a
amnesiac
in rainbows
the bends
httt
tkol
pablo honey
>>
somebody that do the ep rank please
>>
'reckoner' now playing. really beautiful singing. really nice ambling lilt to the rhythm. deceptively simple, it swings like dire straights.

>>64663481
yep it's great.
>>
>>64661800
>ranking only 5 records

It's objectively:
1. Kid A
2. OK Computer
3. Hail to the Thief
4. In Rainbows
5. The King of Limbs
6. Amnesiac
7. The Bends
8. Pablo Honey
>>
Kid A
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The King of Limbs
Hail to the Thief
Amnesiac
The Bends
Pablo Honey

I feel weird listing Pablo Honey at all here, I haven't listened to that album in like 8 or 9 years.
>>
'house of cards' really great too

at their best Radiohead reminds me of if Beck ghostwrote for Spacemen 3
>>
>>64661800

1. Kid A
2. In Rainbows
3. Hail to the Thief
4. Amnesiac
5. Ok Computer
6. The King of Limbs
7. The Bends
8. Pablo Honey
>>
>The release also drew criticism. Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails, who independently released his sixth album Ghosts I-IV under a Creative Commons licence the following year, thought it did not go far enough, calling it "very much a bait and switch, to get you to pay for a MySpace quality stream as a way to promote a very traditional record sale." Singer Lily Allen called it "arrogant", saying: "[Radiohead have] millions of pounds. It sends a weird message to younger bands who haven't done as well. You don't choose how to pay for eggs. Why should it be different for music?"[36] In the Guardian, journalist Will Hodgkinson wrote: "Spare a thought for the thousands upon thousands of bands and singers who, nowhere near Radiohead's levels of fame and fortune, now have pretty much no chance of ever making a living from their music."[37] Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth told the Guardian the release "seemed really community-oriented, but it wasn't catered towards their musician brothers and sisters, who don’t sell as many records as them. It makes everyone else look bad for not offering their music for whatever."[38]

I....what? Aside from Reznor these comments are fucking idiotic.
>>
>>64663206
It's legitimately one of the greatest songs ever recorded
>>
>>64663743
Oh come on, it's above average at best! It's not even one of the better songs on this above-average-at-best album.
>>
Way better than any Radiohead song imo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VmM8qRRLwU
>>
>>64663758
It's genuinely how I feel. There's something about the propelling arpeggios that slowly build into that atmospheric drop that just does it for me.
>>
>>64663832
there are millions of songs that do that though :(

why does everybody just like, discover one thing that they like and then give up exploring music
>>
File: 1440607480794.jpg (16 KB, 437x437) Image search: [Google]
1440607480794.jpg
16 KB, 437x437
1. Amnesiac
2. In Rainbows
3. Kid A
4. The Bends
5. Ok Computer
6. The King Of Limbs
7. Pablo Honey
8. Hail to the Thief
>>
>>64661800
Music is subjective
>>
>>64663737
It's actually pretty sensible. Radiohead had nothing to lose from releasing their records for free, and it's arguable that less successful musicians would look cheap for simply selling their records for cash.

I don't particularly care since In Rainbows was a great record, but I never cared for that pay what you want statement it made. It seemed like every media outlet would talk about that instead of the actual music.
>>
Amnesiac
In Rainbows
Kid A
OK Computer
Hail to the Thief
The Bends
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey
>>
>>64663900
>find good thing
>"Oh if only I had another copy of this really good thing even though it would not increase my enjoyment of this good thing!"

You're just trying to be a hipster.
>>
>>64663945
You don't belong here
>>
>>64663900
What a fucking stupid comment. No one suggested that it was unique; it's a combination of its structure, writing, and execution that makes it a good song, not just its structure.

>why does everybody just like, discover one thing that they like and then give up exploring music
This is the most arrogant, presumptuous thing I've read in fucking weeks.
>>
>>64663900
Why are you on his case? Weird Fishes is a good song. Who says that he gave up looking for more music because he adores Weird Fishes?

>>64663267
The second half only works with the first half. Weird Fishes works the way most Krautrock songs work- through what seems like endless repetition. But then it switches up on you, purposely stopping the momentum in a way that feels like something just blew open the door and let all the air in. It lets in for one last build through the coda- not as intense as the verse or as quiet at the chorus- that serves to remind the listener where they started, resolving the story and leading into All I Need in a more appropriate level of intensity.
>>
>>64663951
At this point, the old distribution model had long since been destroyed and these people are pathetically clinging to its vestiges.

All of these artists could equally have afforded to give away their records for free, because none of them were making a fucking dime from selling records. Record sales only benefited record label middle management at this point.

Proof: bandcamp. Every up and coming artist uses pay-what-you-want. And lo and behold they're making much, much more money than they were when they were crying about radiohead and trying to get you to buy their cd for $18
>>
>>64661800
1. The Bends
2. The Bends
3. The Bends
4. The Bends
5. The Bends
6. The Bends
7. The Bends
8. The Bends
>>
>>64663974
>>64664015
I....what? I'm not talking about it being unique. This is the tip of the iceberg. If you are actually interested in music, you would have discovered hundreds of other songs that give you what you want, but better than this. What is arrogant about that? I didn't personally create any of that music. It isn't arrogant to point out that it exists...
>>
>>64664049
I can only surmise that he gave up if he really thinks that wispy little nothing of a tune is something worth writing home about let alone GOAT

not sure what you're little lecture about Arpeggi is all about either. did you somehow get the impression i listened to the two halves separately?
>>
When reading these lists a lot of people forget that most enjoy all but PH.
>>
>>64664066
>All of these artists could equally have afforded to give away their records for free, because none of them were making a fucking dime from selling records
Neither of these things are true, and if they were, it has no baring on what up and coming artists would require. Your local band can't expect to make any kind of living off of releasing their records for free- the only reason they do is because of things like bandcamp which crowd up the space so much with free music that any kind of internet exposure requires the artist to release all of their music for free.
>Record sales only benefited record label middle management at this point.
Source? This implies that a band that is not Radiohead would make more money from a pay what you want model over actually selling records. Without a big name attached to the record, most people wouldnt pay a cent.
>Proof: bandcamp. Every up and coming artist uses pay-what-you-want.
Bandcamp is necessary for most bands to gain any kind of exposure- arguably because of the pwyw model Radiohead pioneered.. If you think anyone really makes money off of bandcamp, you're sorely mistaken. It's a trade off- more bands can release their music to an audience, but they make less money AND there's more bands crowding up the same creative space.
>>
>>64661800
>so many people saying Amnesiac is their best despite it being a muddled mess
>so many people saying OK Computer is anything but one of their best
>this many fucking contrarians
I know it's clique at this stage but /mu/ really has fell apart, Amnesiac is not the best Radiohead album and everyone saying that knows it. And to the "oh look at me I'm going to call Radiohead a Coldplay ripoff so I can be a true hacker on Four Channel!!", leave this board and do something with your life and get your hands off your balls, you're the cancer of /mu/
>>
>>64664180
I'm just saying it's why the song is unique and why it works, since you think it's only average.

>>64664140
>What is arrogant about that?
It is this part:
>If you are actually interested in music, you would have discovered hundreds of other songs that give you what you want, but better than this.
because it assumes A. there are songs directly similar to Weird Fishes that are objectively better and B. that the listener is less cultured or lazy or not a true lover of music for not discovering such songs.

tl;dr music is subjective
>>
>>64664263
I know Amnesiac probably isn't their best, but it's my favourite.
>>
>>64664243
You are just speculating and talking out of your ass.

Do some actual research and you will see that I am right. Artists make much more money now that they control the distribution model. A lot of people are willing to pay $1 or $5 for an artist they've gotten to listen to for free. The artist gets 100% of that as opposed to 0.01% of it going to the debt they owe their label. People form personal relationships with the artists and more frequently go to their shows. Show attendance is up. Bands are able to charge more for tickets. Bands find that they make more money selling merch. And on and on.

Please read up before you start spouting bullshit that you infer from what "logically" makes sense to you. There are actual numbers attached to this shit.
http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/nov/17/steve-albinis-keynote-address-at-face-the-music-in-full
>>
File: popeclose.jpg (45 KB, 534x601) Image search: [Google]
popeclose.jpg
45 KB, 534x601
>>64664263
>/mu/ really has fell apart

Kid, it's been like this for at least 5 years. Glad I stopped browsing regularly.
>>
>>64664243
Milo, an indie rapper who is by no means a megastar like Radiohead, says he's never had to work a day in his life doing anything other than making music. He sells hand-painted cassettes through his bandcamp, or you can listen for free.
>>
>>64661800
pretty good list m8, this is almost correct

1. In Rainbows
2. Ok Computer
3. Kid A
4. Amnesiac
5. The King of Limbs
>>
File: 1462654525248.jpg (819 KB, 1818x1023) Image search: [Google]
1462654525248.jpg
819 KB, 1818x1023
>>64661800
1. Kid A
2. Amnesiac
3. Ok Computer
4. the rest
Kid A was my first love, you just can't recreate that atmosphere again
>>
>>64664298
>I'm just saying it's why the song is unique and why it works, since you think it's only average.
Why are you abusing his word "unique"? It's unique because it uses elements from krautrock? I don't follow you at all.

>>64664298
>because it assumes A. there are songs directly similar to Weird Fishes that are objectively better
In my opinion, that's not an assumption, but a fact.

>B. that the listener is less cultured or lazy or not a true lover of music for not discovering such songs.
If A) was a fact then B) would follow from it logically.
>>
>>64664140
What's arrogant is assuming that I don't know of other songs that are structured similarly simply because I think that Weird Fishes is the best example of that structure. You're ascribing taste to ignorance.
>>
>>64664405
Alright, at least we've proven you're arrogant
>>
>>64664405
>that's not an assumption, but a fact.
Fuck off. Music being subjective isn't a meme.
>>
>>64664458
>>64664464
This has nothing to do with me. You post on fucking /mu/. You have, at your fingertips, literal proof of the existence of so much fucking good music. People who have sifted through every artist of all time for the absolute best shit.

There's no way that is not going to yield better results than a mainstream alternative rock band. It's statistically improbable as fuck.

I don't know why you think it's about my opinion.
>>
File: curious cat is curious.jpg (107 KB, 717x718) Image search: [Google]
curious cat is curious.jpg
107 KB, 717x718
There is no objective correct answer with Radiohead because so much of their material is so close in quality. It's pretty easy to rearrange like 5 of the albums and still have a good list.

1. Hail To The Thief
2. Kid A
3. OK Computer
4. Amnesiac
5. In Rainbows
6. The Bends
7. The King of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey
>>
>>64663056
>In Rainbows
>Simple

I hate this meme. Just because there are lot of clean tones and standard drum sounds on the album, it's automatically categorised as such. The chord progression and harmony in Jigsaw is great stuff, polyphony and layering on Weird Fishes is amongst their best, Reckoner has great percussive arrangement and orchestration, All I Need has an unconventional pensive bassline and melody with an amazing chromatic strings climax, Faust Arp has interesting time signature switches, Body snatchers has a great Mixolydian syncopated guitar riff, Videotape's slight 1/8th note delay, rolling beats and repeating three figure chords make for a fascinatingly disarming listen and production, mixing and fading on Nude make it a technical standout in their discography. There is so much going on musically; in terms of melody, rhythm, texture and layering, it's impossible to listen and not be completely amazed. It surprises me how much depth they managed to put in a seemingly accessible package. Easily one of their best.
>>
>>64664573
Good point, good list and good cat.
>>
>>64664686
The samba rhythms on Reckoner was my favorite part of the album
>>
>>64664556
>There's no way that is not going to yield better results than a mainstream alternative rock band. It's statistically improbable as fuck.
Actually, if you assume, like the Greeks, that appreciation for certain aesthetic qualities are innate in human beings, then something that is truly great is likely to be at least slightly more popular than the vast ocean of endless mediocrity. But it's a dumb thing to argue either way since at the very most there is no correlation between level of obscurity and quality.
>>
>>64662188
Most honest answer ITT
>>
>>64664850
That's an awfully dressed up ad populum fallacy.

And letting that slide, you miss my point on several levels. BECAUSE I believe in you, because I believe you possess appreciate for aesthetic qualities, I urge you to delve deeper.

I'm not arguing that obscure music is better. There's a lot of music out there. A LOT! When Radiohead came along, you had to be a serious guru to know about most of it.

Now it's different, you can just search the internet or the archives or start a thread on /mu/ about "hey I like this song, what is more stuff like this with arpeggios and a slow build up" or whatever you said you liked, and then suddenly you have million more songs to listen to as sought out by generations of gurus sharing their collective knowledge across thousands of web communities.
>>
>>64665032
>That's an awfully dressed up ad populum fallacy.
No it fucking isn't. Saying that something is good simply because it's popular is different from saying that good music appeals to human beings' inherent sense of aesthetic harmony. Beethoven's 9th isn't well-liked simply because people don't know any better, it's well liked because Beethoven understood the qualities that make music pleasing. The main job of a good artist is to discern what people find aesthetically pleasing and then translate it to an audience in interesting ways.

>you can just search the internet or the archives or start a thread on /mu/ about "hey I like this song, what is more stuff like this with arpeggios and a slow build up"
You just don't get it. It's insulting to suggest that I don't know of all of the great arpeggios written by Chopin, Scharwenka, and Vivaldi simply because I like Weird Fishes a whole lot. You don't have access to my music library, so don't assume to know anything about my musical education.
>>
>>64665398
It's not because you like it a lot, it's because you suggest it's one of the greatest things ever made. That's fucking absurd and you know it. And I don't listen to classical music.
>>
>>64662522
I would agree if Kid A and IR were switched around, and HTTT and TKOL.
>>
>>64665544
I said it's one of the greatest songs ever written, and I would only concede that that's an absurd statement if you could come up with a single objective argument as to why it isn't a great song. "There's so much music out there that a Radiohead song can't possibly be that good" isn't an argument.
>>
>>64665671
Whatever dude, wallow in ignorance if you insist.
>>
>tfw the best Radiohead related thing wasn't even by them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfHHLfbjNQ&feature=youtu.be&t=68
>>
>>64662151
this is my order too, good stuff
>>
>objective
>>
>>64662149
My fave rh song desu
>>
In Rainbows
OK Computer
Kid A
Amnesiac
The Bends
Hail to the Thief
King of LImbs
Pablo Honey
>>
for me, I like rock a lot more, but still love radiohead so it goes:
The Bends
In Rainbows
Kid A
OK Computer
The King of Limbs
Hail to the Thief
Pablo Honey
Amnesiac

The top 5 are much closer than the bottom 3 are to each other. like IIIII III. I just don't enjoy them as much. maybe a few songs each album but nothing special about them to me. Where the first five are just great all around listens that i could listen to on a daily basis depending on my mood.
>>
>>64664085
upboated :^)
>>
OKC
IR
Kid A = The Bends = Amnesiac
Pablo Honey

All I've heard
>>
>>64668682
You need to get onto Hail to the Thief my man, objectively their best.
>>
IR 9/10
KA 7/10
OKC 6/10
TKOL 5/10
A 5/10
TB 4/10
HTTT 4/10
PH 3/10
>>
>>64661914
people seem to forget that OKC could probably be like the objective greatest album of all time musically. kid a and in rainbows are also up there perhaps tied honestly
>>
You fucking Radiohead fanatics are given to such ridiculous hyperbole.
>>
I always see In Rainbows at the JB HI-FI near my school on vinyl and tempted to pick it up even though I've never heard it,

Is it worth it bros? It's pretty cheap.
>>
Kid A
In Rainbows
OKC
Amnesiac
HTTT
TKOL
The Bends
Pablo Honey

predicting LP9 will land somewhere between amnesiac and TKOL

this is 100% objective and fact i am right you are all wrong so suck it
>>
HTTT
IR
A
OKC
KA
KOL
TB
PH

4-6 are fairly flexible
>>
File: fsd.png (501 KB, 860x649) Image search: [Google]
fsd.png
501 KB, 860x649
>>64661800
1. In rainbows
2. Kid A
3. Ok computer
4. hail to thief
5. the bend
6. Amnesiac
7. the king limb
8. beaner honey
>>
File: wrong opinions.jpg (41 KB, 667x548) Image search: [Google]
wrong opinions.jpg
41 KB, 667x548
>>64661973
>Karma Police
>Mediocre
NO.
>>
As someone who just yesterday and today went through their entire discog for the first time, here are my rankings (keep in mind this is after one listen of each)
1. In Rainbows
2. Kid A
3. OK Computer
4. The King of Limbs
5/6 - Amnesiac / HTTT kindof tied
7. The Bends
8. Pablo Honey
>>
>>64662149
based
>>
>>64663206
someone clearly hasn't hit the bottom and escaped
>>
File: truly.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
truly.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>64668925
>OKC 6/10
*twirls fedora*
>>
>>64671060
It's pretty mediocre compared to the rest of the album. Better than Lucky and No Surprises though.
>>
>>64661800
1- Ok Computer
2- Kid A
3- The Bends
4- Amnesiac
5- Hail To the Thief
6- The Life Of Pablo Honey
7- In Rainbows
8- King of Limbs
>>
Relistening to Pablo Honey right now and it's honestly not as bad as people make it out to be. Creep is so far the worst song. You and Stop Whispering are at least fun to listen to.
>>
File: 1462667268085.png (1 MB, 1082x838) Image search: [Google]
1462667268085.png
1 MB, 1082x838
Best
>Hail to the Thief
Most consistent album in terms of song quality. Best opener and best closer of all their albums, and only one-two songs are "bad" (WSYB and Scatterbrain). It's also their most accessible album, because it mixes guitar and electronic really well - it's the album that got me into Radiohead after In Rainbows didn't

>Amnesiac
Arguably their most interesting album, the jazzy feeling is unique among their albums and is always interesting to listen to. It also, in my opinion, feels more depressive and burlesque than OK Computer and Kid A with Spinning Plates, Life in a Glasshouse, etc

>OK Computer
It's a good album, with lots of good songs, but more songs dip in quality towards the end than HttT and Amnesiac

>The Bends
Britrock at it's finest. My Iron Lung is probably the best "rock" song they've written, and Planet Telex is a neat opener with the A-major/A-minor transitions

>Kid A/In Rainbows/The King of Limbs
Mostly unremarkable, but they work as good background music and have at least one good song in them (Idioteque, Nude, The Daily Mail, for example). The King of Limbs would've benefited if it were released as the live album rather than the studio version, but alas Radiohead didn't do that

>Pablo Honey
Self-explanatory
>>
>>64661800
>1
OKC is their best because it has a great feel through it and because it has the most amount of fucking amazing songs they have made.
>2
Kid A has one of the best starts to a record I have heard(like, holy shit Everything->Kid A->National Anthem), but I feel it has too many transition songs to top something like OKC.
>3
Amnesiac is almost on-par with Kid A. I like the tone better and I feel it is a stronger record throughout, but them starting trio of Kid A pull my heart a bit harder.
>4
In Rainbows is a really great record, but(apart from Faust Arp, Bodysnatchers, 15 step and Reckoner) I really didn't love it that much.
>5
TKOL is two face. The bibli wobly part I really do not like that much, mainly because it is deadairspace chart music, not so much radiohead. Thom's version of Bloom is beautiful, but not on the CD. The second part has one of their absolute best songs(Separator) and other three great tracks. Separator alone is top 3 song material and the record is here because of that.
>6
Never really liked the bends all that much. Street Spirit is one of their best pure depression tracks, JUST is great rock and Iron Lung sounds really good... but it really is a half pablo honey record.
>7
Hail to the Thief is kinda lazy. Great songs tho, in particular I Will, Backdrifts and another one I can't remember.
>8
>pablo honey
>anywhere above 'just good'
kek
>>
>>64671993
Based
>>
man I remember when In Rainbows came out and Radiohead had a pick-your-price digital download and let you score it for free if you wanted

shit was pretty revolutionary for the time (for an artist to do, obviously free music downloads are ancient)
>>
File: happy birthday darling boy.jpg (212 KB, 960x638) Image search: [Google]
happy birthday darling boy.jpg
212 KB, 960x638
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgB5DU0uEdg&t=1m16s

This thread just made me remember that this video exists for some reason

Gets cool as fuck at like 1:38 when the vocals come in
>>
Amnesiac
Kid A
In Rainbows
OK Computer
The King of Limbs
Hail To The Thief
The Bends
Pablo Honey
>>
OKC
Kid A
IR
TKOL
Amnesiac
Bends
PH
HTTT
>>
OK Computer
In Rainbows
Kid A
Hail To The Thief (almost on par with Kid A)
The Bends (not far behind)
Amnesiac
The King of Limbs
Pablo Honey

this tho https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAWEG0AhA_M

>>64662489
you are on point. I get the direction of House of Cards but can't enjoy the song. Every single other song is so good that I granted House of Cards a pass. The King of Limbs is shit tho. You put OKC 5th? Nvm youre a faggot
>>
>>64662022
The only true answer
>>
>>64661800
1. Kid A
2. OK Computer = Amnesiac
3. HTTT = IR
4.TKOL
5.TB
6.PH

This is the only objective ranking.
>>
>>64661800
1) Kid A
2) In Rainbows
3) The Bends
4) OK Computer
5) Amnesiac
>>
>>64661800
Every album in reverse order
>>
>>64661800

Amnesiac
TKOL
Kid A
In Rainbows
Ok Computer
The Bends
Panlo Honey
>>
>>64676241

Shit, Hail to the Thief in between In Rainbows and Ok Computer
>>
1. Kid A
2. OKC
3. In Rainbows
4. Amnesiac
5. The Bends
6. HTTT
7. TKOL
8. TLOP
>>
>>64676098
> The Bends being better than OKC and Amnesiac
Is this even legal?
>>
>everybody ranking in rainbows this high
I don't understand. I like quite a few songs off the album- it's pretty solid. But its not cohesive enough to be ranked higher than anything except pablo honey and TKOL in my book.
>>
>>64676837
>Is this even legal?
Yes.
>>
>>64677082
they got into radiohead in 2007. they don't know any better.
>>
>>64662187
THIS
>>
>>64662037
>>64662255
>>64662037
>tfw completely apathetic to Nude and Reckoner
At least I can appreciate the sentiment and musicianship
>>
File: 1388278526154.jpg (43 KB, 468x484) Image search: [Google]
1388278526154.jpg
43 KB, 468x484
>objective ranking for radiohead albums
well played OP
>>
File: 1453321952380.jpg (144 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1453321952380.jpg
144 KB, 550x550
>tfw the first time I listened to How to disappear completely
>>
>>64676837
Personally I don't fond towards Amnesiac that much. Its a semi-light and comfy for the first half of the album then its tearing something inside me apart when 2nd part starts to kick in. Its quite overwhelming feeling and non consistent (like lets say in Kid A older brother)

OK Computer is EXTREMELY hard listen to, very aggressive and not daily on the road type of the album, its very depressive.

In Rainbows is very light and The Bends is comfy Rock. (some editions have awesome Killer Cars bonus song)
>>
>>64677526
>OK Computer is EXTREMELY hard listen to, very aggressive
are we listening to the same album? only song i would categorize as "aggresive" are climbing up the walls.
>>
File: oh colin u so crazy.jpg (12 KB, 305x334) Image search: [Google]
oh colin u so crazy.jpg
12 KB, 305x334
STAND THE FUCK ASIDE, PLEBS

WIRED HAS GOT US ALL BEAT

http://www.wired.com/2016/05/radiohead-albums-ranked/

>8. The King Of Limbs
>7. Pablo Honey
>6. Amnesiac
>5. Hail To The Thief
>4. The Bends
>3. In Rainbows
>2. OK Computer
>1. Kid A
>>
1. Hail to the Thief
2. Ok Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Kid A
5. The Bends
6. Amnesiac
7. King of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey
>>
I always find it tough to rank the albums, HTTT is probably my favourite but I think IR is their best.
>>
>>64677661
The best song in there btw
>>
tkol > pablo honey
>>
>>64677763

I don't think PH is all THAT bad but yeah, that's a given.
>>
>>64661800 (OP)
1- Kid A
2-Ok Computer
3- Pablo Honey
4- The Bends
5- Amnesiac
6- King of Limbs
7- Hail To the Thief
8- In Rainbows

dont know why you despise Pablo Honey so much, is a really good album, very powerfull, intense, full of angry. i really enjoy this one every time i listen it
>>
>>64677823

I don't despise PH - some songs like You, Creep, Thinking About You, and Blow Out are perfectly decent - but everything it does, The Bends does much better. And even then, the band very quickly eclipsed even that album in terms of sheer ambition, even if it remains one of their most affecting records in terms of feels alongside In Rainbows.
>>
Best taste coming through:
>Kid A
>In Rainbows
>OK Computer
>Amnesiac
>The Bends
>Hail to the Thief
>The King of Limbs
>Pablo Honey
>>
File: well....jpg (68 KB, 517x504) Image search: [Google]
well....jpg
68 KB, 517x504
>>64677666
>6. Amnesiac
What a surprise
>>
In Rainbows
Amnesiac
OK Computer
Kid A
>>
>>64662489
It's this kind of summer that makes me sick
>>
>>64661800
I'd probably rank it like that if you put HTTT over TKOL.
>>
Anyone that thinks In Rainbows is there best was just a 14 year old when it came out and it was their first "REAL MUSIC"
>>
IR
OKC
Amnesiac
TKOL
Kid A
HTTT
TB
PH
>>
File: tim.gif (112 KB, 500x372) Image search: [Google]
tim.gif
112 KB, 500x372
>>64662421
>>
File: thom5.png (265 KB, 593x567) Image search: [Google]
thom5.png
265 KB, 593x567
>>
Holy shit new album on WCD already
>>
>>64677666

>Pablo Honey better than KoL
Trips can't make up for such idiocy.
>>
File: serious_business.jpg (7 KB, 231x205) Image search: [Google]
serious_business.jpg
7 KB, 231x205
does anyone know an easy way to make an audio stream
if we include I might be wrong, we can make a listen-along of the entire discography to the minute the new album is released, that is if we start now
>>
>>64661800

1. into the trash
2. find a new band
>>
>>64661800
OBJECTIVE RANKINGS COMING THROUGH
IR
Kid A
OKC
Amnesiac
HTTT
TB
TKOL
PH
>>
>>64661800
1. LP9
2. Amnesiac
3. TKOL
4. Kid A
5. In Rainbows
6. OKC
7. HTTT (Great songs though)
8. The Bends
9. Pablo Honey

Maybe.
>>
1. Hail to the Thief
2. Ok Computer
3. In Rainbows
4. Kid A
5. The Bends
6. Amnesiac
7. King of Limbs
8. Pablo Honey
>>
>>64680491
>kek
he was referencing the wired post, pleb
>>
If you still think OKC is Radiohead at its best then you don't like Radiohead at all. Even TKOL must be appreciated, especially the live performances.
>>
>all of these shitters putting PH at the bottom
You
Creep
Stop Whispering
Vegetable
Prove Yourself
I Can't
Blow Out (one of their all time best desu)
are all great songs

>M-Muh experimental!
fuck off you pretentious coont
>>
>In Rainbows
>OK Computer
>Kid A
>Hail to the thief
>Amnesiac
>The Bends
>The King of Limbs
>Pablo Honey

Although the basement version of TKOL could easily be top 4.
>>
>in rainbows
>kid a
>ok computer
>amnesiac/the bends
>tkol
>httt
>Pablo honey
Thread replies: 207
Thread images: 25

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.