[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need help /mu/. I've been trying to listen to music lately
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: abc.jpg (277 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
abc.jpg
277 KB, 2000x1000
I need help /mu/. I've been trying to listen to music lately and it's just not working. I can't just sit still and focus on the music anymore. I find myself getting bored and sleepy when listening to music now, which hurts me because of how much I love it.
Anyone have similar experiences and/or know how to fix this? Is it some sort of plateau effect due to myself listening to too much music lately?
>>
It's been happening to me for the past 9 months but now it's getting better. Mayve you have depression
>>
>>64657773
Hi, I'm Depression.
>>
>>64657773
I don't have a great social life but I have loving parents and great friends. I don't think it's depression; it's something else.
>>
>>64657804

Hi. I'm Nigger.
>>
>>64658017
depression has nothing to do with those things sometimes. I've always had a great social life with many good friends, close family, and a great job. Still cripplingly depressed for the last 3 years. Medication works somewhat, but I went off it a while ago, and I need to get back on I think.

Not that you are depressed necessarily. I just wanted to clear up that misconception.
>>
>>64658151
I can see that. Sometimes I feel really lonely, but I also have some great moments that I should feel lucky to have. I just find it bad that music, one of the most important parts of my life, just "isn't working" as much anymore.
>>
>>64658174
I feel you. Are you listening to the same stuff you've enjoyed in the past, or are you branching out more. When I get in a musical funk, I find it's because I'm just bored with the same old stuff. So go listen to something weird. Harsh noise wall, lowercase, musique concrete, gospel, Disney OST's, free jazz, anything that's not your usual bag. Maybe you'll knock yourself out of the apathy you've found yourself in.
>>
>>64658269
Great idea, sounds like it could work. Thanks.
>>
Listen to some goregrind, if you're not electrified after that I have some bad news
>>
>>64658080
Hi I'm Edgy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.