[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Aesop ROCK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1
File: aesop-rock-600-5.jpg (63 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
aesop-rock-600-5.jpg
63 KB, 600x400
So what do y'all think of Aesop Rock? Personally I think he's pretty jammin'. His new album wasn't the best though
>>
White Boy rap for hipsters
>>
His stuff would be really amazing but he goes in too hard with his thesaurus and extended metaphors. It's still mostly good though. I liked his new album too, he actually didn't go nuts with his lyrical gymnastics this time and I think it was better for it.
>>
>>64648634
So what's good rap then?
>>
>>64648634
Is this supposed to be a criticism? This is just you describing his demographic.
>>
>>64648578
>>64648688
this. skelethon had some dope beats but his lyricism was just dropping random words for the sake of doing so, with the exception of a few tracks, like gopher guts, that felt like they had a story. TIK feels like a return to the "Storyteller" vibe he had in float/labor days.
>>
>>64648634
He's verbose for no reason and has the same flows too
>>
>>64648720
on ALMOST EVERYTHING from his last two albums
>>
>>64648719
>this
>>
Appleseed is one of the best EPs in Hip Hop desu but none of his albums live up to the quality.
>>
>>64648719
The beats are lackluster and his cadence is repetitive from song to song. Skelethon had instrumentals that were unique and each had a distinct feel. TIK sounds like a failed attempt at Skelethon.
He's telling stories again but lost the poetry. What else would you expect from Rhymesayers though
>>
>>64648578

He's got like one good song, and you probably know which one I'm talking about without me having to say it.
>>
>>64649973
daylight
>>
>>64648578
The Impossible Kid was pretty good, really hit home for me since a lot of the album is about getting older.

Yeah his flow doesn't change much, but how many rappers REALLY have a different flow for every song they write?

>>64648634
Thanks for the insight, tripfag
>>
>>64648634
hey montie, i just saw you on omegle!
>>
>>64650053

correct
>>
He's pretty great, goes over the top with the lyrics sometimes but for the most part he's good. Worst thing about him is the fanbase, nearly as bad as Kanye's fanbase but not quite.
>>
>>64650111
not his only good song btw. you're just a pleb
>>
>>64650063
I thought he had a pretty good diversity of flows on The Impossible Kid, especially loved Get Out of the Car.
>>
rap for pretentious white college kids
>>
>>64650170
thank god i only listen to progressive dreamfunk
>>
>>64650121

It isn't his only good song, but there aren't very many, and it's the only one worth the space it takes up on your ipod.

You can disagree, but you'd be wrong.
>>
I love almost every single thing he did before skelethon. On skelethon, maybe 4-5 songs were noteworthy. I listened to tik for over 10 times now and I'm only really enjoying rings and lazy eye. I think it's the production I have a problem with. The beats feel so artificial compared to what he did in the past. I liked the raw beats he had on like float, labor days or music for earthworms. I don't really know where I'm going with this, but I just haven't expressed my opinion of not liking tik before and needed to get it out there
>>
>>64650362
>You can disagree, but you'd be wrong
You're just as bad as the people that say you just don't understand it when people say Aesop is bad.
>>
>>64648578
I like him, especially Float and None Shall Pass. I think you just have to enjoy his sloppy/technical flow and not look for deep meaning in his lyrics because there probably isnt. The guy uses a complex and diverse vocabulary because it allows him to build cool raps and he does it well
>>
was a big fan for a while, haven't listened to him as much the past few years though. personally i like him best from daylight ep to fast cars, before he started going all rock
>>
LOOK AT THAT NECK

i think its fantastic and maybe better than skelethon, the isolation theme is cool and its introspective without coming across as self pitying

sonically i can see how you could get bored of the cadences, i found myself recognising the same inflections used a few times on different songs but the beats were all great except defender which was bad
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.