[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I feel like the only people who like Death Grips anymore are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 6
I feel like the only people who like Death Grips anymore are the newfags who got into their music with TPTB and posted "jenny deth wen" on /r/deathgrips. This shit is so boring and tired now. They could release No Love Deep Web all over again and you'd STILL claim it's GOAT.
>>
>>64646423
I really think that this album is actually good though and I am not even a huge Death Grips fan.
I found it interesting how its so catchy yet abrasive.
>>
>>64646423

Well you're wrong

BP is their best since RMS
>>
>>64646474
>I found it interesting how its so catchy yet abrasive.
How unsurprising that Montie the newfag has BP as his first Death Grips album.
Go back to r3ddit where you came from.
>>
>claim it's GOAT.
no but I'm enjoying it well enough so far.
>>
Just music, ain't that serious
>>
>>64646505
He's right though
>>
>>64646505
It's not my first, I have heard most of their discography at this point.

This and Government Plates are my favorites.
>>
>>64646517
Nah man people meme over this shit
>>
I've been on board since original EP and still love it all, and while I do think they've managed to move in new directions and remain interesting I feel it'd be best for them to stop about now. I like BP a whole lot but wouldn't have been crushed had they stayed "broken up", because squeezing another album out might just be the ticket to turning "solid & evolved discography" into "punk band with so much material it feels watered down and pointless". Unless that's what they're aiming for, who the fuck knows.
>>
>>64646505
montie > you
>>
>>64646500
Stunning fucking argument you literal waste of space.
>>64646527
Montie has literally never been right, kill yourself.
>>64646530
You are the worst thing to happen to this board, you fucking pathetic little kid.
Like honestly, I bet you're a fucking loser IRL. I bet you come here because you're so unfulfilled IRL because you have no special qualities. You have garbage taste, you're not smart, you're not talented. But you can appeal to the 14 year old newfags who came here for Jenny Death.

That's the ONLY reason your memes caught on. Because the only people you resonate with are the people watching faggot shit like Leafy and Keemstar.

Kill yourself.
>>
It's funny, bc I've been a Death Grips fan since the beginning and I can't stand Bottomless Pit. It just sounds like a TMS re-hash but it doesn't mesh as well as that album.
I think this is the album that ruins Death Grips for me guys.
>>
I've been doing drugs since a young age & I'm going through some heavy anxiety and depersonalization at the moment. they get it And I feel stronger listening.

they're just so good I don't know what to say.

I really really hate the memes, and whenever I go on /r/deathgrips I feel like I'm talking to children.

Kinda sucks ass that going to one of their concerts (which is a life goal my nigga) will involve me standing in line/being surrounded by pasty gingers with Anthony Fantano T Shirts on.
>>
>>64646593
>I think this is the album that ruins Death Grips for me guys.
See that's what I'm saying
It feels like they've given up
>>
Been with them since money store, I really want to like this but I can't bring myself to finish it. I really liked hot head when it dropped back in February too
>>
>>64646626
>It feels like they've given up
probably why I like it
>>
>>64646578
>You honestly are the worst thing to happen to this board.

Eh, I disagree. I do my fair share of shitposting but I also try to discuss music every now and then.

>I bet your a fucking loser IRL

No, I have a pretty active social life and I have a pretty great social group. I am also involved in a lot of stuff.

>I bet you come here because you're so unfulfilled with IRL because you have no special qualities.

I play piano+ sing and I have actually recorded a EP and opened for a for a band. I literally come on here because I enjoy music and I enjoy posting here when its like night and shit and I am listening to music.

>You have garbage taste

That's your opinion my man.

>You're not smart

I am going to need a source on that one considering I graduated the top of my class this year.

>you're not talented

Again, I have recorded a EP and I play piano and sing. I have actually been accepted into some pretty nice music schools but I want to go into law so I decided not to.

>But you can appeal to the 14 year old newfags who came here for JD.

I fucking hate JD. So whatever
>>
>>64646578

You seem like the pathetic little kid here

T.b.h f.a.m
>>
>>64646593
I think it feels like a tptb flavored money store, and even though I enjoy it, it also worries me because it's really the first thing they've done where nothing sounded particularly "new". Every other release had some shift in sound that caught me off guard but most of this seems pretty predictable.
>>
>>64646745
How could GP catch you off guard? It was their most mainstream releases yet next to Fashion Week
>>
>>64646626
IDK I think they might still be trying but that it's just not working. It's hard to always innovate, and always push things to the max. I have no problem with them trying to revisit a TMS sound, I just wish it had worked better.
>>
>>64646707
>I play piano+ sing and I have actually recorded a EP and opened for a for a band.
Oh fucking incredible, what a talent. You can make uninspiring shit. I'm at your fucking feet, kid.
>That's your opinion my man.
That's literally the fucking universal consensus, outside the 14 year olds.
>I have actually been accepted into some pretty nice music schools
HAHAHAHA I'll save you the embarrassment of clarifying this, because I'm sure they aren't.

You can't just say "Yeah I like Oasis and shitted on anyone with better taste than me to the point that all anyone talks about here is garbage indie/hip hop music, BUT I'M STILL A QUALITY GUY /MU/"

No, you're not. You literally.

LITERALLY.

Destroyed this board.

Last year I could tolerate browsing this place. TPAB threads were annoying but I dealt with it.

But now this place is just a fucking joke. It's fucking over man. Thanks to you, worthless scum.
>>
They should have expanded on interview 2016, that was so much more interesting than bp
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 750x1334
>>64646802
>>
>>64646802
You are so mad

Keep it up Montie
>>
File: 1462512153954.jpg (93 KB, 500x501) Image search: [Google]
1462512153954.jpg
93 KB, 500x501
>>64646802
we're entering a new age /mu/. I for one hope to see more meltdowns like these.
>>
File: hemadl.jpg (19 KB, 370x300) Image search: [Google]
hemadl.jpg
19 KB, 370x300
>>64646578
>>
>>64646505
lol you got wrecked by Montie. Fucking Montie
>>
>>64646911
this
>>
>>64646890
>>64646911
>>64646946
>>64646949
So did you arrive in 2015 or 2016?
>>
>>64646983
Lol mad af bro
>>
>>64646593
>It just sounds like a TMS re-hash
No, it sounds like a fusion of The Money Store and Jenny Death.
>>
>>64646802
>Oh Fucking incredible, what talent, you can make uninspiring shit. I'm at your fucking feet kid.

Do you have proof I make "uninspired shit" also, can you please post a example of your talent or at least tell me about it so we are not being hypocritical here?

>that's literally the fucking universal consensus, outside of 14 year olds.

Yeah, because all my 10/10's are loved by 14 year olds.
Most 14 year olds listen to Panic at the Disco and Blink-182.
The music I like has been critically acclaimed (not that that is a huge reason for liking it) and I think that generally it is very great music.

>HAHAHAHAHA I'll save you the embarrassment of clarifying this, because I'm sure they aren't

No, I got accepted into a program that would have taken me to LA to record shit as I was getting a degree from my school I am at now.
I also was accepted into a school out of Chicago.

Also, I think you hold yourself way to much on the Oasis thing. I enjoy Oasis a ton on a personal level due to it being a important soundtrack to events in my life.
I don't consider Morning Glory to be one of the best albums ever released because it's not. But to me its good.

Also, you seem upset that indie has not had a couple of good years.
>>
>>64646971
How did I get wrecked? Go on.
>>
Does MC Ride flow the best on this? I'm almost done and just finished Ring A Bell and his flow is smooth as fuck.
>>
>>64646802
how much of faggot do you have to be to get THIS angry over the internet?
>>
>>64647038
He definitely sounds the most comfortable on this record
>>
>>64647038
He fucking kills it on Houdini

"Official fuck no with a capital hoe"
>>
>>64646802
Man, I hate montie but you're just an upset faggot now
>>
File: Capture.png (136 KB, 1603x599) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
136 KB, 1603x599
>>64647027
>Do you have proof I make "uninspired shit"
You dismiss avantgarde music and like Oasis.
That's literally all I need to know. You make shit that has no meaning, no art.
>Yeah, because all my 10/10's are loved by 14 year olds.
Yeah honestly they do. I was listening to Godspeed when I was 14. Kid A and Sufjan at 16. You literally have immature taste.

Do you regret at all any of the stupid, ignorant, immature shit you posted last year? Do you regret ruining this board?
>>
>>64647058
>>64647094
He literally killed this board.
>>
>>64646983
2009<3
>>
>>64647101
Holy shit you're insufferable m8. You're the type of person no one wants to be around, you know that? Kill yourself, honestly.
>>
>>64647126
He did but you're being a whiny shit about it
>>
>>64647126
if you could say how maybe I would be able to agree with you

But honestly you're just unjustifiably attacking Montie when he should t even waste his time responding to this shit bait
>>
>>64647094
Who is montie
>>
>>64647141
>You're the type of person no one wants to be around, you know that?
Believe it or not, I'm not usually talking to people who ruin an entire music forum.
>>
>>64647165
>if you could say how maybe I would be able to agree with you
SPORK CORE YOU NEWFAG

He made liking challenging music, no matter if it was bad like Cardiacs or if was good like Beefheart, into a meme.

He enabled the 16 year old kids on here to think that their taste was good, and that they shouldn't improve it.

He RUINED /mu/.

/mu/ was shit before sure, but at least you could develop good taste using it.

NOT ANYMORE.
>>
>>64647101
>You dismiss avantgarde music

No, I don't. I try to go out of my way to listen to different music and expand my tastes. I like Oasis once again on a more personal level due to the experiences I have had with the music and the people that I get along with over the music.
It was the first band I really got into seriously and it led me to a lot of other stuff.

>That's literally all I need to know. You make shit that has no meaning, no art.

The music I am making now is somewhat like the band lambchop and the project I am rolling out this summer is going to be a chamber alt-country s/s shit. I also plan on creating a band this fall that is going to be a ambient/electronic chamber rock group. Picture Brian Eno mixed with some other styles.
No, I am not going out of my way to create new genres, but I am experimenting with different textures and sounds.

I'd love to know what you are doing by the way with your free time. Since I am letting you know what I am why don't you tell me?

Also check all my ratings to get a whole view of my tastes.

>I was listening to Godspeed when I was 14

Good for you, that really means jack shit. I found out about Loveless and shoegaze by accident when I was that age and finding music at a young age means nothing. It makes you look like a idiot though claiming that you are somehow superior due to it though.

No, I don't regret it. Because it was to piss off people like you.
>>
>>64646423
I struggle to think of a less interesting topic for a thread than death grips
>>
>>64647226
>No, I don't regret it.
Then go waste your life on soulless law shit, you entitled piece of shit teenager.

No one likes you here or on RYM. Only you and your shallow friends who won't become anything of value.
>>
>>64647126
yeah monties an annoying shitposting faggot with pretty bad taste. but so is like 80% of this board
>>
I like you Montie especially because you're not a whiny bitch
>>
I'm heading to bed. Montie makes a big fucking deal about his social life, but I'm hanging out with friends all fucking day tomorrow. AND I'm a highly awarded musician. AND I'm taking graduate courses. AND yes, I have good taste in music.

Believe it or not Montie, you're just fucking shit.
>>
>>64646593
its true they are getting a bit boring by the numbers theyve laid out in other works
>>
>>64647126
I don't think this board is dead. In fact, this board is growing in size due to the sheer amount of memes that get pushed from here onto music facebook pages. Since I came here in 2014 this place has a ton more people posting.
The board still has discussion as well. All I did was create a stupid meme or two.

>>64647208
>He made liking challenging music into a meme

Hold on, music should not be challenging. It should be interesting and you should like it. Finding music should be like a journey and you should build up to certain points.

When I first got into music as strange as it sounds I did not like Yankee Hotel Foxtrot because I thought it was strange.
Today it seems basic to me but still amazing.
Its all about just looking for what you like and listening to a ton of music to gather more and more taste. Not going for "challenging" albums constantly and acting like its some test of will that you can make it through TMR until you like it.

>He enabled the 16 year old kids here to think that their taste is good and they should not improve it.

There is no such thing as improving taste. There is such thing as expanding taste however to different styles and different artists. Let people discover music on their own at their own pace. Don't come at people because they like /mu/core or other music that you consider "low".
That is a good way to continue a cycle of being a pretentious idiot and you are a class A example of one.
>>
>>64647322
No your not. You are a whiny bitch on the internet arguing with me because you want to make me look stupid and you are insecure about your own taste. That's OK.
>>
>>64647355
not the anon you've been arguing for literally like four hours, but who the fuck are you even ROFL. only trip is abatap from /tv/, not some shitty typing paragraphs on /mu/ having autistic hissy fits. who are you even??
>>
>>64647390
If you have been here for the past 6 months chances are you have seen me or seen a post of mine.
Unless we post in separate threads all the time. I never really post in Death Grips threads.
>>
>>64646578
Kek go to bed goofball
>>
peaked at the money store desu familia

no love deep web was interesting but i mean it cant top the first two albums
>>
>>64647355
whoa whoa whoa
>music should not be challenging
that's downright ignorant. that guy is a bitch but if that's what he's taking issue with i can see why he's upset. don't talk shit about what you don't understand. some people thrive on challenging music. you have no right to make blanket statements about what music should or shouldn't be.
>>
>>64646778
You don't know what the fuck you are talking about
>>
>>64647588
Nah you don't
>>
>>64647355
>music should not be challenging
fucking hell montie. expand your horizons. thats so ignorant
>>
the only more cringier than death grips fans when they spout retarded ass memes is probably when they get up in arms about death grips being some sort of secret club

>literally noone outside of 4chan even knows of teh death grips stfu!!

not the case btw anybody with a copy of the latest call of duty or a piece of odd future merch has heard of them so maybe it's just time to let go
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 960x640
>>64647279
A fggit
>>
>>64647655
>>literally noone outside of 4chan even knows of teh death grips stfu!!

no one actually thinks that
>>
>>64647542
I don't talk shit about music I do not understand, I only talk shit about music I generally dislike.
I guess my words came out wrong when I talked about there should be no "challenging music". I meant that people should not be force fed music they are not ready for and should plot their own course.
I agree that there is challenging music, and I like some challenging music, but music should be journey-not a competition to become the most advanced person on /mu/
>>
>>64647643
>>64647686
Read this, it came out wrong. I meant it more in a way that people should not jump right into challenging music that people tell them to listen to.

In my experience, you need to almost build up to dive into deeper stuff that is more experimental. I tried diving into a bunch of albums my friends who were listening to when I first got into music and I hated it.
So I plotted my own course and I slowly worked up to being more open to different music.
>>
>>64647722
>So I plotted my own course and I slowly worked up to being more open to different music.
Ah, good!
What do you think of Edgard Varese and Stockhausen?
>>
>>64647682
you'd be surprised reading into some of these posts here
>>
>>64647529

I'm an exmil/TMS fan and I loved BP t b h
>>
>>64647759
I actually prefer Karlheinz Stockhausen because of all the work he has to his name. I think he benefited modern classical a ton and I think he is one of the most influential musicians of the past 50 years.

I really need to listen to more Edgard Varese though. I must admit, Modern Classical is a genre I am not very deep into yet.
>>
>>64646802
I think it's time you stopped posting, my man
>>
>>64647830
>I actually prefer Karlheinz Stockhausen because of all the work he has to his name. I think he benefited modern classical a ton and I think he is one of the most influential musicians of the past 50 years.
Well, that word bomb says absolutely nothing of any substance. But OK!
What do you think of Paul Lansky and Monoton?
>>
Is GBPBI their only song with a sung chorus?
>>
>>64647314
what are you talking about
isn't his whole shtick about being so buttblasted by avant teens he's on some sort of pathetic spamming crusade against them
>>
>>64647928
not that I've ever noticed but I was particularly referring to the insufferable cunt who started all the shit in this thread.
>>
>>64647928
fuck you
>>
Man for being a person who's into "different music" Montie must be real pathetic not to know two critical names of electronic music in the 80s and 90s! Almost like he's just a pleb!
>>
>>64648005
fuck you too my niggy
>>
>>64648076
fuck off
>>
>>64647279
I'll take shitposting montie over insufferable cunts like you any day. Fuck off mate.
>>
>>64647279
shut up
>>
>>64648106
Hi Montie!
>>
>>64646802
can we make this a pasta
>>
true 2011 fan here, found them thanks to mutantmusic blogspot. no melon head or mu bullshit

i consider it their second best release

saludos
>>
>>64648145
hi fucking loser
>>
>>64648206
you are not me
>>
>>64648238
wut
>>
>>64646423
Yeah idk man. I just downloaded this tonight and I don't like it yet. I have all their shit and I don't like 70% of their songs, but the one's I like are fucking 10 out of 10. I will always listen to Death Grips, but so far the only song I've heard on this new one that I liked was Bottomless Pit and it just doesn't grab me like some of their older songs do.

>I hope they haven't jumped the shark
>They were the people I was most looking forward to hearing new shit from
>>
>>64648238
>>64648206
>>64648255

you really are pathetic montie
>>
>>64648310
It's funny this is instant gratification for most listeners but for some it just doesn't mesh. Maybe for you it'll be a slow burn like NotM was for me.
>>
>>64648355
I've never paid attention to anything Death Grips related before this album and I do have to say I really like it
>>
>>64648381
I love it unabashedly, I think it's a stellar record on my 20th spin. Since you enjoy it I'd recommend checking out their discography for sure
>>
>>64648355
I'm hoping it grows on me.

You like BP so far?
>>
>>64648417
I actually already did and this is still their most enjoyable album to me right behind Niggas on the Moon and The Money Store
>>
>>64646423
Fuck off, I've been a fan of them ever since Government Plates and I love Bottomless Pit.
>>
>>64646593
>>64646626
>>64647336
>It just sounds like a TMS re-hash
Fuck you dumb memers, show me a TMS song that sounds like Giving Bad People Good Ideas or Hot Head.
>>
>>64648419
Fucking love it mate.
>>
>>64648459
Exmilitary is a goddamn treasure, NLDW takes time, GP takes longer.

The lovely bit about Death Grips is that even when you start to get it there will be albums you just don't like at first.
>>
Fuck off, was around before Exmilitary.
>>
>>64646707
>I am going to need a source on that one considering I graduated the top of my class this year.
That made me giggle, fuck you.
>>
>>64646578
>getting this mad
>>
>>64646802
>I play piano+ sing and I have actually recorded a EP and opened for a for a band.
Oh fuckihis worthless scum.place is nt. You canHAHAHAHA make uninspiring shit. I'm at your fucking feet, kid.royed this board.y been accepted into some pretty nice music schoo
HAHAHAHA>That's your opinion my man.
That's literall>That's your opinllLITERALLY.LITERALLY.
>That's your opinion my man.
That's literally worthless scum.the fucking universal wothless scum.consensus, outside the 14 year olds.
>I have actualle worthless scum.point that all anyone talks about here is garbage indie/hip hop music, BUT I'M STILL A QUA
Destroyed this board.LITY GUY /MU/"
No, you're not. You literally.
LITERALLY.Destroyed this board.y been ac
>>
>>64646423
this x100000000
>>
>>64646572
put the trip back on montie

put a bag over your gf's face, too
>>
>>64649367
nope

and I'm not a particular montie fan I just really hate that guy
>>
>>64648899
I hope so because this has honestly been a great experience getting into DG especially considering I NEVER though I would become a fan
>>
>>64649367
kek
>>
>>64646802
>implying Montie is 14
If Montie is 14, you're a fucking toddler. Quit being a salt mine, collect yourself, and just openly discuss music. If you're just gonna angrily yell at people behind a computer screen because you have different opinions and a stick up your ass, you should reconsider your life.
>>
>>64649683
You are talking to someone who thinks one dumb trip could ruin an entire board. They don't need to stop being salty, they need to seek mental help immediately.
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.