[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How personal is music to you? Do you treat music as a really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: headphonepepe.jpg (10 KB, 234x250) Image search: [Google]
headphonepepe.jpg
10 KB, 234x250
How personal is music to you? Do you treat music as a really social thing, like going to shows and sharing music face to face and what not, or do you mostly keep it to yourself?

If some music is extremely personal to you, are there any albums or songs that you're almost afraid to listen to because of what it will remind you of or where it will put your mood?
>>
File: 1453820880490.jpg (46 KB, 301x296) Image search: [Google]
1453820880490.jpg
46 KB, 301x296
>>64642157
i don't take the things other people make as a personal experience that only i can have. i share it with others to see if they can also enjoy it or if they at least have a reaction to it.

i am not afraid to share art with others to see if they'd be interested, if they take it as a joke or feel offended i back off.

if it is something i created, then perhaps I'd have trepidation in sharing it as it is very personal.
>>
yes it is but i dont share music that often unless somebody ask me, is kinda cringe , and yeah im ashamed of listening some music because of the feels
>>
>>64642157
i will tell others about music that i like when music comes up but they never know how much it effects me.

everyone around me treats music as this casual thing you listen to when to lighten the mood or dance to for fun or to listen to while doing something

when i listen to music i always LISTEN, i would also listen to music

when i'm working or playing a game i would listen to music during that too but only after i LISTENED to the album/song. i feel like music has a strong place in my life.

when i download a new album i would not listen to it until i cleared a time for me to listen to its entirety alone. i hate listing to new music with others, i love to just lie in bed put on my headphones, arch my arm on my eyes and just listen to the music, listen to the drums the guitars the pianos the waves and the vocals, listen to the words and how they flow with the rest of the music, listen to the transitions and interludes, listen to a certain instrument individually, listen to all of them together.

its another experience just LISTENING to music rather than casually hearing it. its an extremely important part of my life
>>
I've always been acostumed to be ignored by friends when i try to get them into stuff i like, so i just completely make everything personal. Eeven if the person is talking about an artist that i like i just don't comment anything because i feel like my opinion is not going to be take into account anyway.
>>
>>64642157
i dont go out and broadcast what i listen to or anything

but ill talk about music with people if they want to

all of the stuff i like is visible on my spotify, and i have a bunch of people i know added on it so most of them have seen what i listen to
>>
>>64642157
It's something to pass the time while I'm dealing with crushing loneliness and depression
>>
live shows are definitely a social thing that I attend alongside friends

and sometimes I talk about music with them but not much
>>
used to keep it really personal, until i found some NIGGERS who are into the same NIGGERMUSIC as me.
>>
i can't treat music as a social thing because it's hard to find people in real life that listen to the same things i do. and i don't listen to anything that i would say is obscure or anything, it's just that the concentration of people who listen to it are spread out rather than closely knit like the people who listen to stuff from say p4k.

i wouldn't say there's certain music that conjures up bad experiences for me, only emotions. and not consistently. like there's a small number of pieces that harmonically make me feel very strange, almost like a death/birth/in the womb kind of feeling. like this track for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGsRhDKF4a4
>>
>>64642248
OP here.

I definitely share things with people or express my opinion if it's brought up. I don't HIDE any of my music, but I will say that I occasionally keep certain kinds of music from people mostly because (and I realize this is fucking stupid and weird) I wonder if they try and figure out why I relate to it, and if they do that, I feel almost violated in some way. Also I'm just a cynical piece of garbage so as soon as someone starts playing an album I rec'd them over and over I roll my eyes.

>>64642469
Okay your post made me cringe a little but I feel more or less the same way. Clearing time to listen to new albums and actually experience them rather than being busy at the same time. There are definitely some albums I love to listen to casually while I'm doing dishes or cooking or just being busy in general, like a lot of jazz or dadrock or the new Clutch album is pretty fuckin' good for it.

>>64642704
Well jesus dude you can't take everything so personally. If they don't like it or don't care enough to try it then don't rec them anything, it's not your/their fault.
>>
>>64642469
*affects
>>
>>64642157

A. Not really into talking music unless someone brings something I'm interested in. I don't feel like explaining to some tard why I don't like Nicki Minaj or whatever. I have a few close friends with similar taste though and we occasional talk music. I barely ever go to shows.

B. Fuck that shit. I could understand it when you're younger but goddamn if an album is good then you can't just detach completely and never listen to it again. I think it almost helps you forget whatever bad shit might've happened.
>>
>>64644015
> goddamn if an album is good then you can't just detach completely and never listen to it again

There are certain songs though that I relate to so perfectly, lyrically I mean, that when I hear someone else performing it, it honestly hits me like a fucking train because I know exactly how it feels. And if I'm in a decent mood I don't wanna listen to that shit brah, brings me down.
>>
is it really so hard for some of you to find friends with similar music interests??? i'm 21 and live around Miami, almost all of my friends are familiar with and mostly into the bigger p4k names like DG, Anco, NMH, Grimes, Radiohead etc. A decent amount of them have pretty good taste beyond that stuff too. I'm trying to figure out if I just got lucky growing up with a cool group of friends or if the area you're in has more to do with it
>>
I don't like to play any of my favorite music for people. But that's just because I'm overly sensitive and insecure. So don't bother passing the aux cord.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.