[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Beatles, Pink Floyd, Radiohead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: the-beatles-radiohead-pink-floyd.jpg (781 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
the-beatles-radiohead-pink-floyd.jpg
781 KB, 1920x1200
Why are all the all time greats basically just bands that put more complex/in-depth ideas into what are still simple, accessible pop songs? Is putting complex/in-depth ideas into an accessible pop format rather than exploring said ideas fully the formula to becoming an all time great?
>>
Phish is bigger than Radiohead and Pinkfloyd you stupid fucking swampdog
>>
>>64632347

No bullshit, that is the most white college kid poster I've ever seen in my life.
>>
>>64632347
Most of them show signs of mastery in their individual genres in their early records, for the time at least. A Hard Day's Night by The Beatles was pretty much the epitome of pop music at the time, and they mastered it pretty well, so then they move into other areas, same with Radiohead, note how well recieved both OK Computer and Kid A are, I'd say OK Computer is Radiohead exploring genre convention fully and succesfully, Kid A was them mixing it with complex and in depth ideas
>>
>>64632378
I was gonna originally have the pic be a Topsters collage of albums from Beatles, Floyd, and Radiohead, but Topsters isn't working right now so I just googled "The Beatles Pink Floyd Radiohead" and picked one that has all three mentioned in it somewhere.
>>
Dream festival lineup, starting with headliners and ending with first opener:
>Jon Bon Jovi
>Phish
>Elvis Costello
>Heart
>Radiohead
>Floyd
>Beatles
>Lynyrd Skynrd
>Florence and the Machine
>Grimes
>Stevie Wonder
>Train
>Ziggy Marley

I know it could probably never happen but it's my all time dream concert lineup. Anyone else on board with this maybe we could try crowdfunding it?

It would ideally be in San Francisco on huge ass platform built right by the Golden Gate Bridge and instead of chairs you could stand on the bridge to watch the show.

Let's make it happen /mu/!! We could call it Music On The Bridge
>>
>>64632483

On a scale of 1 to Eraserhead, how high are you right now?
>>
>>64632520
I'm not high at all the only reason I didn't already make a Kickstarter for my concert is my social anxiety and depression :/

i think a fair ticket price would be $25 per person and $65 for VIP that let's you have first row seats.

also I think we should get Creedence Clearwater to play the festival.
>>
>>64632583
OH! This must be a... "meme"
heh heh nice one

heh
>>
>>64632365
Literally never heard of Phish.
>>
>>64632347
>Is putting complex/in-depth ideas into an accessible pop format rather than exploring said ideas fully the formula to becoming an all time great?
What does this even mean? We're talking about music here, not a literature.
>>
>>64632378
i fucking hate white people
>>
>>64632483
I made a quick draft a poster but ive only been taking graphic design for two semesters so far. i'm open to changes.
>>
>>64632347
Do you have autism? You answered the question for yourself. Those artists experiment within an accessible format, so the average person considers them great. The consensus on what is great is always going to be a popularity contest in a lot of ways.
>>
>>64632893
i fucking hate people
>>
>>64632946
i fucking people
>>
>>64632943
Again, does that truly make them great, or is it just another layer of accessibility similar to the top one of people listening to radio pop?
>>
Not to take away from experimental music, but there is merit in experimentation in a way that is still accesabile. It's like pushing the boundrys of what accesable music is. Your average listener wouldn't listen to incredibly experimental music but puting that experimentation in an accesable format not only expands the public image on what music can be but takes its own merit.
>>
>>64632951
i people
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.