[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 20
File: vd-anohni-620x349.jpg (69 KB, 620x349) Image search: [Google]
vd-anohni-620x349.jpg
69 KB, 620x349
so?
>>
Almost as good as this performance!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
>>
>>64623540
@pitchforkmedia #ecofeminism please RT!
>>
>>64623563
Duwwaaa Lungggaa Moo Baawaarraa Yungabaraaa confirmed for best single of 2016
>>
I didn't know Panda Bear dropped a new album.
>>
>>64623540
what the fuck is this fat snape looking nigga getting best new music and shit?
>>
>>64623721
pitchfork will literally not give anything to do with regressive-leftism less than an 8.0
>>
File: 5PgXG6t.jpg (31 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
5PgXG6t.jpg
31 KB, 375x375
>>64623749
>ifunny.co
>>
his music is boring, his voice unlikeable, and his politics meaningless
>>
File: 1449843351022.gif (1 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1449843351022.gif
1 MB, 255x255
>>64624369
>tfw it's only 4 degrees
>>
i love his albums as antony and the johnsons but this one is very hard to like because of the lyrics. i don't have a problem with her views and stuff but the lyrics are too straight forward, no subtlety, at time cringe inducing. makes me wish i didn't understand english cuz then i would have lived the album

>>64624369
>his
she's a woman
>>
>>64624449
>lived
loved*
>>
>>64624449
No he's not.
>>
>>64624491
ok, have fun being 13 and a half
>>
>oh cool p4k gave a 9.0, definitely interested to see
>"HOPELESSNESS communicates the horror of seeing that in so many ways we have been profoundly fooled by the fantasy of the American experiment."

fuck, is it even possible anymore to get a highly praised album that doesnt entirely rely on corny, political message?
>>
the stuff on here is danceable and whatever, but come the fuck on, lyrics like "blow my head off
explode my crystal guts" makes me want to stop dancing, turn this shit off, and turn on something that's better instrumentally and has no vocals.
>>
>>64624660
i could be an asshole and draw parallels between the lack of tact on this album and the lack of tact on tumblr
but i won't do that
maybe
>>
>>64624671
but 'Blow my head off Explode my crystal guts' is the only lyric in the song that isn't laughably generic and bad
>>
>>64624723
that was literally the only line I remembered
>>
>>64624449
100% agree with you man
>>
>>64624449
it's starting to seem like it's a surefire way to get the respect of hack critics, unless you're like SUPER corny with it like Macklemore.

which makes me detest this move all the more. it's all just, like, stuff. you don't really care about any of this, you fat, mentally ill turd.
>>
>>64624516
No I'm not.
>>
>>64624809
>you don't really care about any of this
ehhh I don't agree with this
she obviously cares enough to write music about it
but that's not really the issue, it's more that, you know, she's lyrically inept
>>
>>64624851
but she's not, at least if my assumption that she wrote the lyrics for antony and the johnsons is correct. there's some really good stuff in there. she's no joanna newsom but listen to the spirit was gone or hope there's someone, they're good.

>>64624809
i'm not sure of her intentions, it's obvious that this point she want to be more mainstream rather than a "kinda-known" performer. i don't think she doesn't believe in what she's singing about but the way she's doing it makes me think she wants to make sure EVERYONE gets it and that kinda loudness in message is what's putting me off. you're right tho this is a recipie for success nowadays, tumblr is gonna be all over this.
>>
>>64624843
you're not having fun?
>>
>>64624921
the lyrical content on this album and her voice in general has dissuaded me from listening to any of her other stuff. maybe she's more eloquent when it comes to topics she truly cares about, but ugh.
joanna newsom's the same way with me but it's strictly her timbre that makes me not want to hear her open her mouth in any setting.
>>
>be overweight
>complain about people killing the planet
>>
>>64624851
>>64624921
why are you calling this dude 'she'?

I mean, if he were around you might do it to be polite to his face, but otherwise it's biologically inaccurate. seems a bad idea in life to start saying down is up and he is she, etc., to forcefully try to base our perceptions on lies
>>
>>64624967
if you don't like her voice at all i don't think you'll enjoy her earlier work either.
>not liking joanna
oh wow
>>
>>64625009
gender is a part of identity. if she likes to be referred to as she that seems like the right way to call her. going out of your way to call her the wrong pronoun (when you know she's trans) makes me think you care about this way too much than you're supposed to
>>
>>64625009
why do you care lol
she prefers "she"
therefore i use "she"
>>
>>64625038
if i told you to call me supreme commander at all times you'd do it yeah?
>>
>>64625038
'trans' means nothing to me, desu. and gender is the natural product of sex. to get convinced that your expression of gender is supposed to be based in that of another sex is mental illness, sad at best. it should be pitied, but not encouraged or supported.
>>
>>64625061
as long as you called me lieutenant
>>
>>64625062
>being this angry
>>
>>64625082
setting my reminder for you now lieu
>>
File: 1462383564249s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1462383564249s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
I hate you fucking people.
I hate fucking pitchfork for making Antony a meme.

I am a Bird now is beautiful so fuck all of you
>>
>>64625061
ok, remain childish. i don't really care.

>>64625062
why do you care about them (trans people) so much that you think you know the best way for them to live their life? just live your own life and let them live theirs however they want. no one's telling you what to do so why should you do that for other people?
>>
>>64625094
I'm just being accurate.

feeling compelled to force blatant wrongness on the public sphere just to get back at some vague sense of a moral father authority figure somewhere seems much more like a stance based in some deep-seated existential anger, probably aimed at God or one's parents or their neighborhood

"teaching me right and wrong, I'll show you! men are women! so THERE!"
>>
>>64625153
that album is wonderful, as well as the crying light.
>>
>>64625112
aw shucks
>>
>>64625165
except transgenderism is a known medical issue that people are born with? sure there are transtrenders but it's not like people are transitioning to piss you or someone else off, doesn't seem like a fun situation to put yourself in willingly.
i'll stop talking about it, if you're interested enough you'll read about it and educate yourself a bit, if not nothing will stop you from memeing just so you look "cool" by being anti-sjw or anti-tumblr or whatever it is that you want to think you are
>>
>>64625165
okay Milo
>>
>>64625163
It's nice to see that some people have a little decency in them on this board :)
>>
>>64624449
Came here to post opinions like this.
Antony's voice is great.
The music is great.
Yet lyrically, it's just embarrassing. Have to switch off to listen to it.
>>
>mfw the only negative review of album published is by a priveleged upper class white cis male
shocking

seriously tho its amaze-balls
>>
I thought hudmo and 0pn make good songs and Antony has not so subtle lyrics which is good or bad at times. Not a 9/10 but would like to see some more 0pn hudmo Collabs
>>
>>64624369
>muh white genocide, muh muslims

jej
>>
>>64625163
Go back to your traps faggot
>>
>>64624993
>he concetrates on the looks instead of listening to music and getting the message
pathetic
>>
>>64624449
>the lyrics are too straight forward, no subtlety
like all her previous albums

the only thing really obnoxious is the production
The Johnsons >>>>> OPN and anybody involved this time
>>
>>64625208
Explain to me how it's not okay if I go around in pirate costume and demands everyone call me Davey Jones and cry discrimination if they don't but if I put on my sisters panties in secret and tuck my dick between my legs I'm a victim of the cis majority.
>>
>great artists are hated by /mu/
>shit hacks are celebrated by mutards
kek
stay pleb
>>
>>64625208
you're too nice for this board mazi
>>
File: 1356627141625.gif (887 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
1356627141625.gif
887 KB, 500x280
>>64625610
not gonna explain anything to you, your example doesn't make you look like someone who bothers with thinking.
i'm not an expert anyway, believe what you want

>>64625592
>like all her previous albums
really? there were non of this political bs in any antony and the johnsons album

>>64625641
aw
>>
it was alright
certainly ten times better than utter trash like fucking jamie xx and tame impala and really every other other "indie" band that has got 9.0+
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 533x780) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 533x780
>>64625657
>>
>>64624516
>being okay with mentally ill faggots wasting my tax money makes me an adult
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 500x563) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 500x563
>>64625657
>>
>>64625682
are you okay with obama using ur tax money to bomb innocent children though?.
>>
>>64625657
imho the main topic of her lyrics (= her transgenderism) IS as political as ecology, etc.
>>
>>64625751
No actually.
>>
File: 1458502214837.jpg (27 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1458502214837.jpg
27 KB, 645x773
The lyrics on this album are just terrible, i wish it was more than just Antony singing of something horrible happening and then ironically saying "I want it to happen"

Like "Drone bomb me, blow me off the mountain and into the sea" etc.

And the song about Obama sounded like some pseudointellectual trying to make a political song.
>>
>>64625763
except the main topic of the lyrics on her previous albums wasn't transgenderism and transgenderism isn't a political thing?
>>
File: whenwillitend.jpg (50 KB, 489x700) Image search: [Google]
whenwillitend.jpg
50 KB, 489x700
/mu/ memeing this is as predictable as p4k catapulting it up towards the music heavens.

will the cycle ever end?
>>
>>64625751
>he thinks 'the right' are racist warmongers
when will this meme stop
>>
>>64625932
>being concerned about Marxist propaganda is bad
wew lad

the cycle will end when everyone's done being a pinko
>>
Antony is utter shit.
He/she's got an interesting timber to the voice, but i don't see anything else going for him/her.
Imo Antony should stick with supplying vocal samples for vaporwave and stop trying to make shitty forced art music
>>
>>64625449
Bait
>>
>>64625682
How is he wasting your tax money more than the next person?
>>
>>64625610
Because gender dysphoria is a recognized mental condition and pirate dysphoria isn't. You're not too bright are you?
>>
>>64626903
>recognized
it's only recognized by special snowflakes and crazy doctors so they have an excuse to mutilate people's bodies.
>>
>>64627300
Stay on your containment board sperg.

>>/pol/
>>
>>64625544
but the eco message is hypocritical delivered by a near obese person, don't you see?
>>
>>64627334
>i'm allowed to make 'off-topic' comments but those who disagree with my thoroughly researched and unquestionably factual position that men chopping their penises off is natural aren't
>>
>>64627334
>be me
>be a regular /mu/ browser since 2012
>hold non-leftist/progressive views
>don't even sperg, just comment with my opinion
>get accused of being a sperg and a /pol/fag
lol
>>
there's never going to be an actual discussion about the music on this album. every single thread is just going to turn into a politics shit slinging fest or "durr she's actually a dude!" there are just some albums that i enjoy by myself and don't discuss on /mu/, this is definitely one of them.
>>
>>64627535
when the artist makes his public image that of a pretty ugly desu trans woman and sings about political shit there really isn't much else to discuss.
>>
>>64627619
not sure it was necessary to prove my point immediately after i made it but thanks, dude, i appreciate it
>>
>>64627711
So the fuck what if i proved your point?
It's a positive thing that trash like this doesn't get discussed on this board since the artist obviously cares more about non-musical aspects of their creative output
>>
>>64625038
>something that has held women down and literally killed them for millennia is now nothing more than an individual's choice

And the funny thing is that you probably consider yourself left of center and generally progressive while espousing this absurd libertarian nonsense.

Saying "gender is an identity" is like saying "I don't see race"
>>
>>64628442
>killed them for millennia
never happened

>libertarian
>nonsense
pick one
>>
>>64628564
you're right dude, women have never been killed for transgressing the expectations of their gender. That's why there are so many girls partying and having a good time in Saudi Arabia today
>>
>>64623749
this is enough internet for me today xD!
>>
>>64624491
why do you care so much? why can't you just let people be the way they want?
>>
If you're going to paint this "the world is a terrible place" motif you either have to be a Dylan-tier writer or have some sort of self-reflection and insight for it to work, and ANOHNI is just not that good of a writer. In fact, she's pretty fucking terrible at it. This is the Macklemore "What if I read an article?" and making an entire album out of that. There is no insight or humility to this, it's just "fuck the world, it's awful, and it's surely not my fault it's like that" and that is just a terrible premise for an album.

The music in itself is aight, Hudson Mohawke and 0PN can be thanked for that. And I don't usually judge lyrics that harshly, but the lyrics here are just so bad that I just can't legit enjoy this album.
>>
>>64628693
It's not like he's actually not letting the people in question be what they want.
He realizes the mentality they have is detrimental to society and doesn't want it spreading to other people and potentially his children.
And since the artist makes a big deal out of his appearance it's really no surprise most of the discussion is going to revolve around that.
>>
>>64628625
>bringing up Saudi Arabia as if they mattered/were actual humans
wtf am i reading
>>
>>64628693
Because treating gender like an article of clothing that can be shed at will is a terrible, regressive message to send to the world?
>>
Fat body, tiny face, false penis, 9.0
>>
>>64623540
>suddenly getting triggered by a tranny who's been around for a decade at this point

I want /pol/ to leave.
>>
>>64628843
how is "treating gender like a piece of clothing" (not what's happening here at all) a "terrible and regressive" message?
>>
>>64628957
jokes on you i've hated this sad excuse for an artist since i first heard of him with david tibet
>>
>>64628843
> regressive

I'm not sure you know what that word means anon-kun
>>
>>64628971
Because when you reduce a social phenomenon to something as inane as fleeting personal preference, you reframe and ultimately mitigate the means by which we organize and counteract it.
>>
>>64629093
> word salad

>>>/highschool/
>>
>>64629086
I don't think you have any grounding in theory at all.
>>
>>64625038
Fuck that shit, it's a dude in a dress.
>>
Bad lyrics and production, obvious Pitchforkbait.
It ain't no Wendy Carlos.
>>
>>64625056
Why don't we just compromise and use "IT".
>>
>>64629134
Grounding in theory of what you pseudo intellectual aspie?
>>
>>64629093
you are trying so hard to sound smart right now but you have no idea that what you're saying makes absolutely no sense. it's very cute.
>>
ITT: /pol/anons refuse to acknowledge the fact that they hate Antony only because s/he is a tranny
>>
this shits for white kids.
>>
>>64629171
>>64629123
>when leftists actually have to switch on their brain
>>
>>64629196
i didn't know Antony was a tranny when i heard him with David Tibet.
I found his voice marginally interesting, but his music isn't something i'd enjoy.
He collaborated with a ton of good artists and they also probably just use him for his voice.
>>
>>64629123
Dumbing it down for you:

>tech companies recognize that many women were not socialized to pursue careers in computer science
>it was a society-wide matter of gender, not individual preference
>they establish programs to rectify this discrepancy and encourage more women to pursue careers in technology
>these women's programs are disproportionately filled with MtTs who are already plenty comfortable with technology and the broader culture that surrounds it. Most of them practically grew up in front of a computer which is why they're socially-stunted enough to believe they're women in the first place
>The true goal of the initiative is not realized because the definition of womanhood has been rendered meaningless
>>
>>64629216
I am way more left wing than these tranny apologists.
It's impossible to reconcile modern liberal queer theory with genuine radical politics because it insists on boiling everything down to the individual.
>>
>>64629196
ITT: /lgbt/raps refuse to acknowledge the fact that they defend Antony only because he thinks he's a girl
>>
>>64629216
You are a highschool / college libertarian that makes up for your lack of coherent or concise arguments by using words you do not have a full grasp of.
>>
>>64629196
>>64629271
Yeah I first heard him on the split with C93. He somehow manages to out-Tibet Tibet. And that's not a good thing.

Dude's always been a histrionic trainwreck of an artist.
>>
It's like a 6-7/10 in my book. Not amazing, but not bad. Has some interesting parts. If she was a regular straight white guy and P4K hadn't given it BNM /mu/ would probably be praising it.
>>
Really important message here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfO1veFs6Ho

I haven't listened to the album but I'll judge it based on it's actual merits and not the sjw-shit. Antony and the Johnsons are actually good so maybe this'll work.
>>
>>64629356
I'm not that guy, i just noticed you completely failed at arguing his point.
>>
>>64629196
>dress
Nah, it's totally lackluster music that gets raves being the sociopolitical position of the media outlet reviewing it.
>>
>>64629442
Sure
>>
>>64629421
honestly i don't care what bathroom people go to, if a tranny gets beat up or bullied for it i'm fine with that too
>>
>>64629551
I'm someone else also. Are you going try answering something or just completely avoid his premise?
>>
>>64629274
No response to this huh?

I guess it'd require you to do something other than throw lowercase snark and say "u have no idea what you're talking about"
>>
File: 1461032680267.jpg (130 KB, 803x721) Image search: [Google]
1461032680267.jpg
130 KB, 803x721
>it's a sjw flees from the scene episode
>>
>>64629710
how would you like people to respond to your completely made up conspiracy theories? is there a single fact to back up that these positions are disproportionately filled by transgender people? how did this become about tech companies to begin with?
>>
>>64629809
You found "you reframe and ultimately mitigate the means by which we organize and counteract it" incredibly difficult to decipher, so I gave you a real-world example.

For evidence, I would simply ask that you attend any women's development conference. As an actual woman in tech, I can attest to the incredible proportion of MtTs in the field.

Or if you'd like I can give you countless other examples of women's movements founded on the shared experience of womanhood now being told that experience is unwelcoming to dudes who decided they were women after spending 20, 30, 40+ years living it up as men
>>
>>64629093
> Because when you reduce a social phenomenon to something as inane as fleeting personal preference, you reframe and ultimately mitigate the means by which we organize and counteract it.

First, this is a false premise. No one is reducing any "social phenomenon" to a fleeting personal preference. Anthony made a choice and lives her life as a woman, it has been part of her identity for most of her life.

The second part of that statement is complete word salad. It is semantically meaningless. What are we organizing and counteracting? Who is we, what is being reframed? My best guess is that you are trying to concern troll but there isn't enough info in that jumble.
>>
>>64629903
"You need to work on your clarity" - your freshman philosophy professor
>>
File: 1462364117952.jpg (97 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
1462364117952.jpg
97 KB, 435x435
>>64623540
It's crazy how mu liked this album until pitchfork gave it a 9
>>
>>64629925
Anthony was gendered as male at birth, raised as one, lived as one, garnered all the benefits of that, then cherrypicked element of an ideal femininity to adopt

>What are we organizing
Ourselves, as men or women based upon our shared experience of being gendered as such from birth

>and counteracting
The expectations that come with this gendering

>Who is we
Women

>What is being reframed
The experience of womanhood
>>
>>64626074
history is not on your side friend
>>
>>64629903
>I could give you countless examples
>gives no examples

C-
>>
>>64630045
it's really sad. i remember a thread full of people (myself included) a few weeks back talking about how great 4 degrees and drone bomb me were and how much we were all looking forward to this album. as soon as the p4k review hit, it turned into "durr trannies!"
>>
>>64630067
None of that information was in the original statement, and it wasn't reasonably inferrable. Do you expect people to be mind readers?

I guess I was right about the concern trolling though. Do you honestly believe that mtf somehow have it easier than women, that there is some kind of privilege involved in living an entire life with gender dysphoria? Or that they are harming the general womens' rights movement?
>>
>>64630201
>somehow have it easier than women
In traditionally male-dominated fields, of course. They're men after all.

>living an entire life with gender dysphoria
"Gender dysphoria" is a symptom of a toxic perception of sexuality that tells men they're not men at all simply because they don't behave the way society expects them to. The proper response is to assert than these gender ideals don't exist

The mainstream response to this "dysphoria" is disgusting because it suggests that people need to chemically/surgically correct their physique to bring it in line with their preferred self expression. It destroys lives and perpetuates the ugliest stereotypes about men and women alike

"A world inhabited entirely by transgender people would look like the set of Grease."

>harming the general womens' rights movement
Yes of course. Things are moving backwards for women. Abortion laws are more restrictive than they've been in decades but there is no longer such a thing as female biology. Won't somebody please think of the women with testicles? How can you expect women's movements to exist when you erase womanhood?
>>
>>64623540
great album
>>
>>64623540
I found it almost un-listenable, music was meh, and the singing insufferable.
>>
love the album, didn't quite meet my expectations from the singles but still excellent. But I do think p4k only gave it such a high rating because it's a transgender artist making a political album. Seems like they're scared to rate it badly in case people think they're targeting some groups. I know they liked the Johnsons' albums as well, but a 9.0 was really surprising by their usual standards, expected a low bnm desu, like 8.3 or something.

>>64630178
sadly, and predictably, every thread I've seen on here about her is too many right-wing anons refusing to accept transgenders
>>
I really appreciate the new direction Antony is going with this but the lyrics are seriously lacking in subtlety and I don't like how it doesn't really come up with any solutions to any of the problems it alludes to, it just goes "ISN'T THIS BAD GUYS THE WORLD SUCKS"

still 7/10 but it's no I Am a Bird Now
>>
im not concerned with the lyrics, ive grown a shell to overly-political music and it's not like shes yelling on top of her voice about the shit she's saying

it's clear she feels very, very strongly about the songs she's written, and isn't just screaming political horseshit for the fuck of it. she puts a lot of character into the lyrics and for that i believe it is charming in it's own way

it's been tried and true, of course, but the instrumentation backing it all the while trying to attempt mixing conventional music and left-field music, makes the listen interesting which each one

she's a damn good vocalist too, i don't care what you say
>>
No likes political overtones in their music I get that but I don't get why. It's delivered in such an interesting way as well. Especially in a time where things no longer can be subtle otherwise it goes unnoticed, only to be picked up by the people who actually give a shit about the music. It's obvious no one would've given a fuck about the album had the political views not been overtonal.

I think it was a conscious choice. And it isn't as if she's saying the same fucking bullshit we hear in everyone else's music. The songs are ENTIRELY about things regarding the environment, the U.S Government, and feminism. She isn't in your face about it, it's self-indulgent and aware of its surroundings.

Just fucking stomach it for once and listen to all sides of the album, and develop an opinion that isn't parroting the others.

"i dont like her voice and the lyrics sux!!! >:("

Just listen to it more than once, more than twice and so on. It'll click.
>>
>>64632451
>It's delivered in such an interesting way as well.

?!?!?!?
>>
>>64630201
not that person, but yes, trans "women" are a fucking cancer to the feminist movement and society as a whole

anyone who wants to know what these people have planned for society should look at what they did to the lesbian community. trans women holding witch hunts to shame people who don't like penis, cis women losing the only community they had because they dared to say they don't think putting on a dress and calling yourself a woman makes you female.

ive seen them do it to young, economically vulnerable people, ruining their reputations and careers, not giving the slightest shit because its all about their feelings.

so yes, trans people are a fucking cancer to society.
this album is pretty good other than the lame lyrics though
>>
File: 1459354445942.jpg (126 KB, 911x615) Image search: [Google]
1459354445942.jpg
126 KB, 911x615
>its a "tripfag derails another HOPELESS thread by getting anal about the fucking pronouns of the artist" thread
mazi just gonna let you know that you are the very cancer killing /mu/
>>
>>64632744
Cum for mazi now.
>>
>>64632744
i feel like the person who calls her "he" is derailing the thread cuz he's making the post expecting the kinda response i made, but you're right i gotta ignore this shit. not like i have the ability to change someone's views.

>>64632777
nice trip anon-bey
>>
>>64633086
Thank you xoxoxo
>>
>>64625208
The medical community didn't add it to the DSM-III until 1980 and even the. It was poorly classified. Say what you want but it seems like it's this big medical issue these days only because of all the press and good media PC points for supporting it. I honestly think if transgender is allowed, what's to say I don't have racial dysphoria? Both race and gender are "social constructs", so why can't an Asian guy say he was born in an Asian body but identifies as African, because his whole life he felt like he was really black?
>>
>>64633407
>what's to say I don't have racial dysphoria
the difference between race and gender is that the differences between races and their cultures isn't hard coded to your body. you may even live your whole life without realizing a certain race even exists. in your example, the guy may feel like he was supposed to be black, but that may happen only after he finds out about african people. but gender isn't like that, every race and every culture has male and female members so someone coming to the realization that their identity doesn't match their birth sex isn't comparable.
>>
>>64633583
What about people adopted by a family of a different race? If a black kid is adopted at birth by a white family, how is that any different of a situation? Where are some medical journals or studies proving that gender dysphoria is hard wired since birth and not something that say, was subconsciously influenced by interactions with the other gender at young age? The same sort of thing could happen with the hypothetical involving the adopted black kid who identifies as white, since that's all they ever knew.
>>
>>64633407
>Both race and gender are "social constructs"
no.
>>
>>64633754
what you're doing is making up hypothetical scenarios that never happen and comparing them to a known medical condition to discredit the latter. yes, you may feel bad about the race you're born in because of the way people may perceive members of that race, but your body is in no way functioning differently or producing the hormones of other races that make you dysphoric.
the thing is you as a cis man (sorry for assuming) have no horse in this race (neither do i really). you can just go on living your life normally, while choosing to respect the people who weren't fortunate enough to be satisfied completely with their assigned gender. it will in no way affect your day to day life, i'm sure the people who are actually dealing with it, and the doctors who are treating them, have a better understanding of the situation than yours, and would rather carry on their way of things than doing it your way just so you can live in a word where penis=man and vagina=woman so your brain doesn't work overtime.
>>
>>64634031
>what you're doing is making up hypothetical scenarios that never happen

Why not? I've known white boys that were adopted and raised in the Barrio who were as Latino as anyone who was 100% blood.
>>
>>64634031
>assuming none of the situations I mentioned are possible
>assuming I'm a cis male because of my beliefs on this topic
>saying I can't have an opinion (isn't that the implication of "I have no horse in this race") because I'm not transgendered
You really have no good argument to what I posted so instead you went on to try and discredit me by saying I'm a "cis man" and by saying that since I don't deal with it, I can't talk about it. You should have saved yourself the embarrassment and let the thread die instead.
>>
>>64634248
>Why not? I've known white boys that were adopted and raised in the Barrio who were as Latino as anyone who was 100% blood.
They're missing those latino hormones fampai.
>>
>>64634248
were they depressed that they had lighter skin?

>>64634263
ok buddy
>>
>>64634319
>ok buddy
What a well thought out response.
>>
>>64634319
Not at all. They were just like anyone else in the area. Same clothes, mannerisms, talk, body language, gang membership, levels of violence, etc. They even got arrested right along with everyone else too. Even grew up, married Latinas and settled and raised their kids in the Barrio too.
>>
>>64634294
Nothing to do with nothing.
>>
>>64634489
ok then that shows that it has nothing to be with being transgender then, right?

>>64634475
since you seem to be arguing on the same level as a talking dolphin i didn't think it was of any use to give a more thought out response
>>
>>64634594
>what you're doing is making up hypothetical scenarios that never happen

You forget that?
>>
>>64634534
>Nothing to do with nothing.
see
>>64634031
>you may feel bad about the race you're born in because of the way people may perceive members of that race, but your body is in no way functioning differently or producing the hormones of other races that make you dysphoric.
>>64634594
>since you seem to be arguing on the same level as a talking dolphin i didn't think it was of any use to give a more thought out response
Yeah, I forgot, I was the one who said my argument was invalid because I don't personally go through it.
>>
>>64634633
he compared them to being trans, what doesn't happen is someone being brought up and then feeling depressed about the physical aspects of the race they were born in and seek to change them. them being ok with it and blending proves the opposite of what he was saying
>>
>>64634729
>what doesn't happen is someone being brought up and then feeling depressed about the physical aspects of the race they were born in and seek to change them
link proof this has never happened in the history of humanity. You're assuming shit and putting being trans on a pedestal over other similar possibilities.
>>
>>64634784
You beat me to it.
>>
>>64634784
you're the one who has to provide links man. the fact that most people know what being trans means (wether they agree with the concept or not) means it's on a pedestal compared to your bs example of trans racialism
>>
>>64634729
I could feel like i'm a 57 Chevy. That doesn't change the reality of the situation however.
>>
>>64634876
i'm done. have a nice day guys.
>>
>>64634911
>>
what is a transgender?
>>
File: 1458605140450.jpg (11 KB, 250x252) Image search: [Google]
1458605140450.jpg
11 KB, 250x252
>>64623563
>The comments
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x778
I sexually Identify as an Attack Helicopter. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot sticky loads on disgusting foreigners. People say to me that a person being a helicopter is Impossible and I'm fucking retarded but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Apache" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your vehicle privilege. Thank you for being so understanding.
>>
>>64635707
LOL XD
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 500x500
>>64635764
Flustered, friend?
>>
File: 1458484660544.jpg (302 KB, 936x960) Image search: [Google]
1458484660544.jpg
302 KB, 936x960
>>64635796
>>
>>64634872
God I love music - you have great taste btw, I can tell from your many posts on the subject.
>>
does anyone have a mega/zippy link?

archive is down
>>
>>64623749
There's literally no such thing as regressive leftism, grow up any time

Alternatively,
>>>/b/
>>
>>64623540
Holy shit this is terrible

Only listened because of OPN
Thread replies: 175
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.