[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Using pic related as headphones. I legitimately can't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: AA.jpg (46 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
AA.jpg
46 KB, 520x390
Using pic related as headphones.

I legitimately can't tell the difference between 128 kbps and 320 kbps mp3s judging from these sites:

http://mp3ornot.com/
http://www.npr.org/sections/therecord/2015/06/02/411473508/how-well-can-you-hear-audio-quality

Is there something wrong with my soundcard? What's up?
>>
>>64618636
get a dac retard
>>
>>64618672
These headphones don't need one, do they? Audio technica M50x
>>
>>64618672
whats a good dac
>>
>>64618697
also curious as i have the same pair and know shit about how audio equipment works. just got them cause my audiophile buddy recommended them to me
>>
>>64618636
chop off ears and grow better ones
>>
>>64618697
it's an amp you don't need. the dac is essentially your source, if that's shit your headphones won't save you. that said, m50s are overrated anywat
>>
>>64618636
These, for $50 they sound a lot better than you think. I've had mine for almost a year and their perfectly burned in.
>>
>>64618991
>using earbuds
>>
>>64618636
Get headphones that aren't shit
>>
>>64619033
I used to have a pair of akg240's but I broke then on accident, and I didn't have an amp at the time ( I don't have one now) and I didn't get to hear full potential, Thinking about getting another pair with amp + DAC and better cables, to get the best out of them.
>>
OP here, this is getting more ridiculous.

Alright so there's always a tiny bit of background noise if I'm plugged into the front of my PC. If I lift the cord up, for some reason, the sound stops but it also makes vocals very quiet. For example, on mp3ornot.com, the first song I can very easily tell which one is 128 because of the quiet voice, but the music stays loud. Wtf is going on here
>>
>>64619126
Sounds like you have a grounding issue
>>
>>64619172
Explain please?
>>
>>64619178
Your audio port is fucked up. It's either not grounded, which means your PC is probably not grounded, or the port is slightly disconnected from the motherboard, which 2ould cause the sound to change 2hen wiggling the cord.

Or your headphone cord is fucked up
>>
>>64619178
If you're always having a buzzing sound, that usually means it's a ground issue.

Is your computer plugged into a 3 prong grounded out let?
>>
>>64619236
When I first got these headphones, the highs were almost painful. But for some reason after a few hours it went normal. I assumed this was either me getting used to it or me burning them in, but is it possible that something in the actual headphones themselves is messed up?

If I plug them into my phone should I be able to hear a difference?
>>
>>64619261
See if the background noise exists on your phone. That will narrow down what it could be
>>
>>64619256
No, it's plugged into a power bar which is plugged into a 3 prong grounded outlet. Does this make a difference?

Thanks for the help.
>>
>>64619281
The power strip may be the issue, as your pc can pick up interference from other things plugged into the strip.

I would also make sure the outlet is indeed grounded. I've had 3 prong outlets that the ground wasn't even hooked up on, making the outlet worthless for grounding.
>>
Alright so I tried using mp3ornot.com on my phone and I can still hardly tell the difference between 128 and 320. I'm going to try using the other cord that came with the headphones.
>>
Still can't hear the difference using the other cord. Why is it that I can hear a clear difference when the audio is totally messed up on my computer and the voice is quiet but noticably lower quality in the 128kbps version, but I can't tell the difference at all on my phone OR computer
>>
>>64619433
Do you have any sort of equalizer software running on your computer? Like anything that might have been installed with an audio driver.
>>
>>64619468
That's what I thought it was, but all equalizers are disabled when I go into the windows sound settings.
>>
>>64618991
>burned in meme
>tripfag

makes sense
>>
File: 1111111111.png (18 KB, 339x160) Image search: [Google]
1111111111.png
18 KB, 339x160
Does it make a difference that it's going through Speakers as opposed to the other two?
>>
>>64619433

you really should read up on audio engineering, just the basics even

way too many factors can affect sound, shitty dacs/sound cards, interference, grounding issues, "hidden" postprocessing from phone settings, etc
>>
>>64619579
one is an analog out
the other is a digital out for an dac/amplifier
the other is a digital out for a dac/amp with optical input

they all serve different purposes
>>
how many correct answers do you guys get on that tidal test? My best score is 3/6
>>
Okay yeah this is still weird af. I can't tell the difference on my phone or PC, but if I really push in the cord it makes it sound weird but I can really tell the difference between 128 and 320.
>>
>>64619519
Seriously, they sound better than they did when I got them. They were shrill at first and they actually started to pick up more things in songs that I Listen to. I don't use an EQ either.
>>
>Meme50s
They're not good headphones.
>>
>>64620268
"burning in" drivers is not only thoroughly disproven already, but it wouldnt work on earbuds, only on big drivers with more mechanical leeway

anyway, its a lot more likely YOU learned to "listen" their sweet spot netter, in time, and got used to their sound.
>>
>>64620193
you should be able to tell the diff between 128 and 320 even with run of the mill speakers/headphones

if you cant you simply don't have a good ear
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.