[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to get into Rap Music?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: parental-advisory.jpg (25 KB, 350x280) Image search: [Google]
parental-advisory.jpg
25 KB, 350x280
I'd like to try and get into this genre, but all this nigga nigga nigga, blunts, hoes, ugh.

I tried some Kanye West stuff and didn't really like it, wondering if there's a better entry place for getting into Hip Hop music.

Also I'm white.
>>
File: MF DOOM - Mm..Food.jpg (1004 KB, 1410x1410) Image search: [Google]
MF DOOM - Mm..Food.jpg
1004 KB, 1410x1410
MF DOOM. Start here.
>>
File: Madvillain.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Madvillain.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
>>64617192
This also
>>
Assuming you have real friends, ask them. Any genre is easier to get into if you have a real life friend give you the rundown and set you up with some of their favorite tracks.
>>
Kid cudi was my intro to hip hop
Nowadays o listen to Kendrick Lamar, joey badass, and older hip hop. Tupac, wutang, bone thugs. I bet you would like Logic. He's too white for me but he's still decent
>>
>>64617192
this
I personally hate rap but MF doom is pretty good
also check out "take me to your leader"
>>
>>64617216
I wouldn't suggest that album
>>
>>64617038
Eminem is really king of hip hop imo despite the cursing. i also agree on the MF DOOM one
>>
Start with entry level shit like Wu-Tang. A lot of metalheads like Cypress Hill. If you don't even like those groups than maybe hip-hop just isn't your thing, it's mainly a genre full of black people who are going to rap about crime and drugs.

Kanye is too esoteric for most people so I wouldn't start with him.
>>
>>64617347
>kanye
>esoteric
wut
>>
>>64617457

If you compare Kanye's sound to his contemporaries than it is esoteric. Like Late Registration era to 50 Cents sound or MBDTF and Yeezus to Wiz Khalifa or something. Kanye's music is definitely not something people have in mind when they think about a typical hip-hop sound.
>>
>>64617585
That's not what esoteric means.
>>
Aesop Rock if you want lots of big words that aren't "Nigga nugga guns weed." Plus he's a great producer as well, so if the big words go over your head, you might still appreciate the beat.
>>
>>64617038
My man you need to start at the roots of rap/hip-hop. Like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZFj1PVL320
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.