[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why are all his albums so safe and boring?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: David-Bowie-Blackstar.jpg (18 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
David-Bowie-Blackstar.jpg
18 KB, 640x640
why are all his albums so safe and boring?
>>
>blackstar
>safe

pick one
>>
>>64614205
Bowie is intentionally offensive to certain sensibilities but the sum of his efforts always end up being pieces of legitimate art
>>
>>64614234
how is it not?
>>64614249
every album is a legitimate piece of art though so why are you saying it like it's an achievement?
>>
>>64614296
I don't know. I am very quick to assume people miss the point of artists like Bowie who create pieces that are allusive to immediate sensibilities.
>>
>>64614296
Because it is a challenging song, with pretty satanic themes. There's a lot of inaccessible songs on there too (Blackstar, Girl Loves Me, Sue).
>>
File: le.jpg (6 KB, 146x186) Image search: [Google]
le.jpg
6 KB, 146x186
>>64614205
oops, wrong pic guys
>>
>>64614397
>Because it is a challenging song, with pretty satanic themes
it isn't challenging. what about it makes it challenging? and don't say length.
>satanic themes
satanic themes =/= music that isnt boring

see: odd future
>>
>>64614331
do you mean elusive
>>
>>64614437
>satanic themes =/= music that isnt boring
>see: odd future
or thousands of black metal records that all sound the same
>>
>>64614437
The consistent weird vocals for a great portion of the song. I'm not saying that I find it that challenging, but there's tons of people that do. The satanic themes and the way it sounds can be off putting to people. You can't say it sounds safe. I can't say it sounds boring, because you know that David Bowie was on the threshold of death, and you get to experience his physical and mental deterioration throughout this record. I don't find that "boring".
>>
File: bait-class.jpg (14 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
bait-class.jpg
14 KB, 255x255
>>64614205
>>
>>64614205
ever heard hunky dory faggot?
>>
>>64614511
Yes :3
Sorry that triggered your pedantic id
>>
>>64614667
apology accepted
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.