[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Degenerate music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7
File: musik.jpg (2 MB, 1243x1772) Image search: [Google]
musik.jpg
2 MB, 1243x1772
Why does today's pop music have to be so degenerate?
Look, I understand that every era has its share of shit, but at least bad songs from decades ago still had actual musicianship and some lyrical depth to them.
Modern pop music doesn't even have that.
It's all designed to be as shocking, mindless, obnoxious and repulsive as possible.
What all of these pathetic excuses for musicians lack in talent, they make up for in a gaudy, bullshit image.
Every hit song now is about partying, drug abuse, screwing everyone in the club and ego-stroking over whiny synth loops and Auto-Tuned vocals.
It's the most annoying and unlistenable dreck I've ever heard.
It's so awful, that I don't even blame these Muslim countries in the Middle East for banning Western music, because it's the soundtrack to degeneracy.
What will it take for modern music to return to the level of creativity and listenable quality it had decades ago?
How far are we to the bottom of the barrel?
>>
>>64613376
modern pop music is trash because marketing research etc etc.

the same reason why theres always a big breasted women on dem billboards for whatever they are selling.
>>
Is there any modern music that is actually any good? And is there anyone else here who refuses to listen to any new music because of how bad it's become? I feel like the only one... Everyone seems to listen to whatever garbage they put on the radio and call the next big hit.
>>
>>64613613
>declares modern music shit
>refuses to listen to any of it "because it's shit anyways"

Pls
>>
>>64613613
Kanye West, Beyonce, Grimes... the list goes on.

try st. Vincent if you're more into more experimental and 'real' music
>>
>>64613613
>all of modern music is bad
>>
Pop = indoctrination.
It has never been as obvious as it is today. These are tools for brainwashing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aa6daeNxVI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh2LWWORoiM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuwfgXD8qV8
>>
File: modern masterpiece.jpg (358 KB, 1499x1500) Image search: [Google]
modern masterpiece.jpg
358 KB, 1499x1500
itt: essential degeneracy-core
>>
>>64613714

> Kanye West
> Beyonce

Are you serious?
>>
>>64613376
>makes fun of modern music
>posts meme dissing jazz

This better be bait, OP.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 653x428) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 653x428
>nazi propaganda poster
>>
why not get into non-idiomatic music?
>>
File: tumblr_nltzk5JcHZ1ty3aeno1_1280.png (335 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nltzk5JcHZ1ty3aeno1_1280.png
335 KB, 640x352
>>64613613
>i feel like the only one
kek

>>64613376
pop music is "degenerate" because thats what the majority like. thats it. thats why.

but that said, who gives a fuck? there are plenty of less-popular songs about the same goddamn thing, but hipsters eat that shit up because its acoustic and has shoddy vocals.

people act like pop music is the only music that has a lot of party/drug/etc lyrics but its fucking everywhere. its not just pop. you just THINK its only pop because its POP, and thats what everyone plays, because its fucking pop.

dig deeper mang
>>
>>64613778
Hit the showers u got memed boy
>>
>>64613778
it's just off the top of my head. I could name more of course.
>>
File: image.gif (568 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
568 KB, 160x160
>>64613818
Alyssa!
>>
>>64613376
>Doesn't know about MKultra

wew; i see the propaganda works. Pls educate yourself ASAP
>>
File: 1441382343576.jpg (70 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1441382343576.jpg
70 KB, 400x388
Pop music is free
For you and me
Pop music's your wife
Have it for life

Pop music is fun
Just like chewing gum
Pop music is good
It sounds like it should

Pop music is wine
It tastes so divine
Pop music's a bird
It goes with the herd

Pop music's a fan
A fan to a fire
Pop music's for you
>>
>>64613925
you dick. worked on me
>>
>>64613714
HA
more like slugga christ and lil dicky is what yall need too get over being butthurt hipsters
>>
File: tumblr_nr1vve1mFg1tyjfulo1_400.gif (385 KB, 384x216) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nr1vve1mFg1tyjfulo1_400.gif
385 KB, 384x216
>>64613897
OH FUCK IM CAUGHT
>>
It would be interesting to see what pop music becomes under a Donald Trump presidency. Hopefully, something more positive comes out of it.
>>
Pop music has always been shit. We just remember the few pop songs that weren't one week wonders.
>>
bump again
>>
>>64613376
this is because the modern generation eats more meat than previous generations and meat consumption is notorious for supporting degeneracy and devolution in the human brain.
>>
Kanye West is actually trying to save music. Only problem is, he can't seem to find the perfect couch to write his flows on. You can help him, anon.

>>64614707
>>
>>64615003

Rap music is degenerate
>>
>>64614973
#truth
>>
>>64613376

Classical music is the most degenerate.
>>
>>64613778
how new are you?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.