[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the disco sucks movement was literally so awful and cringey holy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: dddddddddddddddddddd.jpg (182 KB, 660x624) Image search: [Google]
dddddddddddddddddddd.jpg
182 KB, 660x624
the disco sucks movement was literally so awful and cringey holy shit, rock elitism was and is the worst
>>
early disco is actually very good to listen to. But late disco was truly awful and i'm glad it was just a fad.
>>
>>64611673
It just became house with the technology shift.
>>
>>64611376
That looks like Mark David Chapman
>>
File: tfw.jpg (36 KB, 482x427) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
36 KB, 482x427
>/mu/ suddenly likes disco

What happened?
>>
>>64612074
it's not "like disco", but seriously you should check out some early stuff from disco. When it still had a lot of funk and soul sound in it.
Afterwards with Saturday Night Fever, John Travolta, Bee Gees, Gloria Gaynor etc. it become really bland shit.

here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2jYjUiulMQ
>>
>>64611376
You already made this thread
>>
Italo-Disco is the best genre of music on the planet.
>>
>>64612201
Seriously OP fuck off
>>
Funny how it ended up becoming much more influential than 70s rock
>>
>>64611376
Disco Sucks was rooted in, among other things, racism and 'style over substance' music. I think it was DeVo who said something along the lines of 'Disco is a beautiful woman with absolutely nothing interesting to say.' It's funny, because I'm sure quite a few rock subgenres fall into these categories yet wouldn't be subject to the same white journalistic scrutiny. I personally think a lot of Rock that doesn't fall into the 'style over substance' category is just steeped in pretension and tries to say too much. I'd wager that a lot of the people that say Disco Sucks also think neoclassical buildings are beautiful and chortle at anything in the slightest bit abstract....
>>
>>64612285
this
>>
>>64612463
There are a lot of assumptions in this post. For one, most cock-rock was indeed subject to much scrutiny and it's only in hindsight that such acts are deemed acceptable listening. Even now legendary rock acts like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath were initially panned by critics.

As far as the race thing, yeah it's true that disco antagonists were lumping in just about any 70s black artist with said genre. Oh well, the same reactionary fervor pervades each decade.
>>
>>64611376
most movements are awful and cringy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.