[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this decade so shit popular music wise >No good rock
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13
File: 1454991163630.jpg (47 KB, 378x378) Image search: [Google]
1454991163630.jpg
47 KB, 378x378
Why is this decade so shit popular music wise
>No good rock music, if any at all
>No good Hip hop
>No good electronic music

Has the music industry finally killed pop music?
>>
It's all written by the same group of people
>>
File: 10s metal.jpg (245 KB, 1061x530) Image search: [Google]
10s metal.jpg
245 KB, 1061x530
Metal wins again
>>
>>64601339
metal is boring
>>
Rephrase your question;
>Why is popular music so shit
>>
>No good hip hop

*cough* shabazz *cough* cough*
>>
>>64601313
> No good hip hop

Kendrick, West, Death Grips, RTJ, clipping.

I mean, come on.

> No good electronic music

Depends how and where you look.

> No good rock music

Top fucking kek. Weezer White Album just dropped.
>>
File: 1460061218621.gif (2 MB, 728x400) Image search: [Google]
1460061218621.gif
2 MB, 728x400
>>64601400
b8
>>
>>64601415
Dumb weeaboo
>>
File: stock.jpg (31 KB, 450x320) Image search: [Google]
stock.jpg
31 KB, 450x320
>rock music
>>
File: guiding-lights-54f4cd86ef612.jpg (980 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
guiding-lights-54f4cd86ef612.jpg
980 KB, 1000x1000
>>64601313
>No good rock music
>>
>>64601425
NOt as dumb as the post you just made.
>>
>>64601415
>>64601449
Go dryhump your bodypillow
>>
>>64601415
I wish weebs would just leave
>>
>>64601313
>rock
Swans
>>
>>64601463
Fuck yeah
>>
File: 1459352879307.png (213 KB, 347x372) Image search: [Google]
1459352879307.png
213 KB, 347x372
>>64601425
>>64601449
>>64601459
>>64601461
>getting this triggered by a cartoon you derail the thread
>>
>>64601339
>pop

I like metal but it's not mainstream in any way.

>>64601400
>Kendrick, West, Death Grips, RTJ, clipping.
DG is not mainstream. Kendrick is a diamond in a sea of shit. Kanye is fucking awful, but i'll admit better than most stuff out there in the pop world.

Others I haven't heard really.

>>64601437
>le rock music is dead meme
Everyone I know listens to rock, even the kids today. Only retards listen to most of the drivel on the radio today.
Especially that 21 pilots band. What the flying fuck is that shit.
>>
File: cover.jpg (59 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
59 KB, 500x500
>>64601461
>I wish weebs would just leave

You do realize you're on a fucking ANIME BOARD right?
>>
File: 1455491898822[1].jpg (41 KB, 504x466) Image search: [Google]
1455491898822[1].jpg
41 KB, 504x466
>>64601463
>Swans
>>
>>64601400
>Top fucking kek. Weezer White Album just dropped.
I would say they're not even near as popular as they used to be.
>>
File: 1446236060552.jpg (20 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1446236060552.jpg
20 KB, 640x480
>>64601497
>metal
>not mainstream
>>
>>64601497

Don't pretend as if Yeezus wasn't one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.
>>
>>64601514
But they're just as good and that's all I care about. White Album was stellar.
>>
>>64601508
Being an edgy contrarian won't make your waifu come to life.
>>
>>64601523
>Don't pretend as if Yeezus wasn't one of the greatest hip hop albums of all time.
I said better than most of the shit. But I find Kanye infuriating.

Why would I listen to a guy who is a complete fuckhead? And not even a likable fuckhead.

He's a meme artist.

>>64601535
Nowhere near as good as their early stuff.

But was ok.
>>
>>64601519
I mean on the radio mainstream.

I mean top of the charts mainstream.
>>
>>64601592
>being unable to separate art from artist
バカです先輩
And I don't even like Kenya's music.
>>
>>64601592
>why is he a fuck head his image?

None the less it's a super talented and innovated musician
>>
>>64601592
Agreed on both points

I don't mind Kanye being as arrogant as he is. Frankly I think we could use more of that. Brilliant artists are flattened by the mediocrity of modern society. And then he comes in, says "I'm good, fuck you", and walks out.
>>
>>64601592
>Why would I listen to a guy who is a complete fuckhead? And not even a likable fuckhead.
>caring about the artist instead of the music
degenerate pleb get out
>>
>>64601627
This.
>>
>>64601613
>I don't mind Kanye being as arrogant as he is. Frankly I think we could use more of that. Brilliant artists are flattened by the mediocrity of modern society. And then he comes in, says "I'm good, fuck you", and walks out.
It's not that, but rather he's dragged into that whole Kardashian bullshit pushed by Hollywood.

I fucking hate anything pushing this "oh look how degenerate we are" bullshit. It's old. It's tired and needs to be put down and buried.
>>
>>64601671
That's hardly his fault, though. I'd say his wife's image is dragging him down a lot. You're permanently attached to an offshoot of one of the most fucked up genetic lineages on the planet.

Then again, love is love, y'know?
>>
>>64601627
>>caring about the artist instead of the music
>supporting a cunt

You're a tool.

What's stopping me from making a band which purposely get's the crowd to throw bottles at them? (Actually... that's a neat idea, now I get it)
>>
>Good rock bands from the 2010s
Mi Ami, Women, King Gizzard, Drones, White Lung, Viet Cong, Seirom, Goat, Men, Puffy Aerolas, Om, Oh Sees,

you probably just haven;t heard enough and think the only rock albums released this decade are by Swans and Tame Impala
>>
>>64601693
>supporting a cunt
how the fuck is me listening to his music supporting him?
>>
>>64601693
He's not a cunt, he's arrogant. Two different things m9
>>64601695
Add Wilco to that and we good.
>>
>>64601691
>Then again, love is love, y'know?
I doubt it's love, I bet somebody's pulling the strings.

And he's being used by the kardashian. She's an attention whore that doesn't give 2 fucks about him. He's just an idiot that fell for that.
>>
>>64601711
I wouldn't be so sure about that. People fall in love with awful people all the time by accident.
>>
File: 1460041400426.jpg (8 KB, 265x265) Image search: [Google]
1460041400426.jpg
8 KB, 265x265
>>64601709
>He's not a cunt, he's arrogant. Two different things m9
He's a cunt, not just arrogant.
>>
>>64601711
>And he's being used by the kardashian. She's an attention whore that doesn't give 2 fucks about him. He's just an idiot that fell for that.

please stop being an edge lord
>>
>>64601723
>I wouldn't be so sure about that. People fall in love with awful people all the time by accident.
kek

They're called masochists. Or fools.
>>
>>64601313
>Electronic
Julia Holter, OPN, Pharmakon, BoC, Iglooghost, James Ferraro 2815, Arca, Yellow Swans, Aphex Twin, Burial, Autechre, Tim Hecker, Kreng, Dirty Knobs
>>
>>64601736
Whereas you're a calculated machine that never succumbs to their feelings.

Fuck off m8.
>>
>>64601731
>please stop being an edge lord
>edge lord for telling it how it is

Fuck you man. You're blind as fuck.
>>
>>64601741
wow it's all shit
>>
>>64601760
wow you're retarded
>>
>>64601744
>Whereas you're a calculated machine that never succumbs to their feelings.
No I'm reasonable.

Kanye is fucking silly.
Why would you let someone fuck you over and use you like that? That's disturbing and fucked up.

And it's shit like this which makes the world fucking terrible.

What happened to good old love? Why must we now use each other as tools?
>>
>>64601750
But she's not an attention whore. She has a personal brand that she uses for her benefit.

She literally took someone to court and made a million off him releasing a sex tape of her without her permission. She went from being Paris Hilton's side kick to being bigger than her.

Just becuase she's in the media doesn't mean she's an attention whore, she just flipped the script in her favorite and got famous off of it. She's using her fame to get her father in life, I don't see how that makes her an attention whore, she's a smart business woman
>>
>>64601313
you sound like one of those faux-contrarian "born in le wrong generation" people. There's so many fucking artists in this decade that fit the criteria, you're just too deluded to go outside the bounds of classical rock and dadrock.
>>
>>64601822
First of all, I agree with you, completely. I thought you were coming from an entirely different place.

However, I still believe that we're in no position to judge. I'm not a fly on the wall in their house, nor are any of us on any good authority to talk about this from the point of view of what the media tells us.

Its just one half of an extremely complex story which we'll never know. But if you think she's using him, that's fair. I don't believe that.
>>
>>64601837
>But she's not an attention whore. She has a personal brand that she uses for her benefit.
>She literally took someone to court and made a million off him releasing a sex tape of her without her permission. She went from being Paris Hilton's side kick to being bigger than her.
>Just becuase she's in the media doesn't mean she's an attention whore, she just flipped the script in her favorite and got famous off of it. She's using her fame to get her father in life, I don't see how that makes her an attention whore, she's a smart business woman
That's even worse.

Why is that better? That is not love.

>>64601847
>you sound like one of those faux-contrarian "born in le wrong generation" people. There's so many fucking artists in this decade that fit the criteria, you're just too deluded to go outside the bounds of classical rock and dadrock.
>"born in the wrong generation"
No I'm born in the right generation, but nothing speaks for it. It's literally "here's what you should like and uphold"
There's no thinking involved, there's no genuine self reflection, just phony self reflection to sell.
>>
>>64601500
That's /a/. This is /mu/
>>
>>64601880
this is still an anime website
>>
>>64601874
>Why is that better? That is not love.

I'm not talking in the context of Kanye I was talking in general about Kim, just becuase she's in the media doesn't make her an attention whore, becuase by that logic all A &B list celebs are attention whores
>>
>>64601866
>However, I still believe that we're in no position to judge. I'm not a fly on the wall in their house, nor are any of us on any good authority to talk about this from the point of view of what the media tells us.
Look I know what you mean mate, but it's clear on the face of things that there is something very wrong with it. It should be obvious.
It's clearly not genuine. It's just another courtney love/cobain situation where one is fucking the other over to their own personal benefit with little care for the other. I hate every fathom of it.
>>
>>64601886
Not anymore, kid. We're taking over.
>>
>>64601924
all you're doing is complaining though
>>
>>64601902
What you said about love being about using each other these days is absolutely true, and it does sicken me, genuinely. A part of me condemns neo-liberal capitalism for it, as always, but another part of me also blames technology and the tools of alienation by which we surround ourselves.

Which is precisely why I love honest, earnest records about love and affection and detest shit like Adele.
>>
There are lots of artists who I would probably have a very low opinion of as a person, but I really don't see how that's relevant to enjoying their music. Especially in hip-hop, for Christ's sake. It's always been about putting on an arrogant front and acting like an asshole.
>>
>>64601943
>Which is precisely why I love honest, earnest records about love and affection and detest shit like Adele.
But your listening to a guy that clearly does not get what is good for him. Your essentially saying that this is ok.

How is that a good thing? It's horrible.
>>
>>64601982
Because me listening or not listening to his music or recognizing it as stellar doesn't make a lick of difference to his personal life.

Also, you need to separate art from artist. It just needs to be done. Scott Orson-Card for example. Ender's Game was incredible, but he's a sack of shit. Doesn't matter, I'll still read Ender's Game to my kids one day.
>>
>>64601978
>Especially in hip-hop, for Christ's sake. It's always been about putting on an arrogant front and acting like an asshole
Not in the way it's pushed with Kanye, I like a bit of arrogance. But not stupidity.

I liked MBDTF. But by Yeezus it was getting too meme-y and deffinately had a complete lack of self awareness.

Even the rappers that say "I hate all non- black cunts" is better, because I can understand why. But at the same time Kanye is not self aware like this. He's being used like a cum rag.
>>
>>64602009
>Also, you need to separate art from artist.
No I don't.

I don't get why I should?

Why should I support something that is made by a fool?

That sounds like encouraging stupidity. And not like the way some artists let out. This guy is truly fucked in the head and needs to be told to wake the fuck up.

I'm sick of the whole "seperate the artist from the art" meme. The artist and the context is always relevant to the art. Do you just ignore the context now?

Because that's stupid. It takes away that aspect of the art.

Art on one hand is about connecting with people. To say you ignore the context and the person is ludicrous.

You're literally giving excuses to support douchebags. You're essentially removing the social aspect of art.
>>
>>64602064
I get your point of view but I disagree.

Oh well, opinions and all that.
>>
>>64602064
Who the fuck would I listen to if I could only listen to artists I like as people? That's dumb as fuck, half the time I know nothing about them anyway, and it's not like I'm buying the shit half the time either. Better be careful not to enjoy a John Lennon song, wouldn't want to accidentally support an asshole wife beater.
>>
>>64602080
>Oh well, opinions and all that.
>Opinions

Yeah because opinions is all ok even when they let people abuse themselves.
This is why people can't get along, because people say "that's just your opinion"

It is my "opinion" but it's a valid argument. Nothing you have said retorts it correctly. You're essential saying "I give up thinking about this, I want to feel and not to think"

Now feelings are ok usually. But not when they overcome thinking to the point where people disregard plain rational logic. That's what has happened here. "Feels" has been taken too far and is essentially destroying these people.

We need to think again.
>>
>>64602121
This.

I really want to gut-punch Josh Homme but Queens of the Stone Age are still incredible.

>>64602149
This isn't about feelings. This is about me disagreeing with the idea that all of the artist is relevant to his or her work. Separating them completely is basically solipsism, and that wasn't what I'm suggesting.

I'm just saying that bad people can make good music, stupid people can make good art, and that just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you shouldn't recognize their contributions to art as a whole.
>>
>>64602121
>Who the fuck would I listen to if I could only listen to artists I like as people?
>Listen to just for the people.

No you need to balance the context with the actual quality of the sound and how your ears react to it.
I didn't say "just look at the context".

I just said it's important to it.
>>
>>64602162
>No you need to balance the context with the actual quality of the sound and how your ears react to it. I didn't say "just look at the context".
>I just said it's important to it.

You were suggesting it as an absolute, or at least it came off as such.

If that's your opinion, then we actually agree fully on this.
>>
>>64602161
>This isn't about feelings. This is about me disagreeing with the idea that all of the artist is relevant to his or her work.
Well your wrong. Plain and simply you are wrong.

If you like being wrong. Keep your opinion.

Context is intrinsically linked to music. You cannot divide it.

I bet you listen to it because of what's talked about in the music and what it represents. How can you do that without some reflection on the context.

>I'm just saying that bad people can make good music, stupid people can make good art, and that just because you don't like someone doesn't mean you shouldn't recognize their contributions to art as a whole.
There's another thing. You essential support the themes in the art and how they are supported or rejected.
The whole belief that you can experience the art and not do this is impossible. You share the idea they give. Your giving lunacy a chance to be respected and encouraged.
Art is meant to display the what it is to be human. But at the same time, if the art just became horrible ideals, you're essentially saying this is what it is to be human, this is what the required themes in society are.

I cannot understand why you'd support the destruction of society like that.

I would support something that wasn't destructive to society but at the same time written by a douche who hates everyone. Because it's clear that person has a point with his art.

What Kanye's art does is promote things that are not good for people without some form of cartharsis. That boat needs to stop because it's killing us.
>>
>>64601313
I think rock is gonna make a comeback

Every time I go watch an underground show where it's young people playing, it's all the same indie shit with the band and fans doing their best mac demarco cosplay. Even though a lot of people like that music, you can only hear the same kind of songs so many times before it gets boring. So, in order to stand out, these underground bands are gonna have to start doing stuff differently to be the most interesting band on any given lineup. For some, that'll mean incorporating electronic sound or jazz. For others, it'll mean playing a few heavy songs that get the primal gig atmosphere going. So I'm expecting to see a bunch of underground bands head into prog, even more head into grunge, some just incorporate straight metal riffs. Music right now is ripping from the late 60s, so we're gonna see a sped up version of what happened when rock first came around.

That's my bold prediction anyway, and god knows if any of it gets to the mainstream
>>
>>64602245
But the music itself doesn't promote "the destruction of society." None of Kanye West's music suggests that it's okay to use people or be used and dress it up as love or whatever you're trying to say.
>>
>>64602245
> Art is meant to display the what it is to be human. But at the same time, if the art just became horrible ideals, you're essentially saying this is what it is to be human, this is what the required themes in society are.

Oh, I agree completely with that, but you're looking at this from a too one-dimensional perspective; this is a problem which won't be solved by simply rejecting contemporary art and music. Instead, it must be solved by rejecting the mores and ways of our disingenuous and exploitative society as a whole. And the first step towards that can be taken through music, yes, but I find that approach to be inefficient. Art is merely a component of the mosaic that is the problem. Attacking it, no matter the savagery or acidity of how you go about it, will do nothing for the greater picture of things.

> What Kanye's art does is promote things that are not good for people without some form of cartharsis. That boat needs to stop because it's killing us.

Again, I think you're seeing the right things, absolutely, but in the wrong places. Focus on the evils of society in a much more real sense, rather than an abstract one.
>>
>>64601313
You need to dig deeper
>>
File: pingpong.jpg (7 KB, 156x159) Image search: [Google]
pingpong.jpg
7 KB, 156x159
>popular music was ever good
>>
>>64602315
> Contrarian opinions get you laid

kek
>>
>>64602283
>But the music itself doesn't promote "the destruction of society." None of Kanye West's music suggests that it's okay to use people or be used and dress it up as love or whatever you're trying to say.
The fact that it's popular means it's spreading the idea to people and being accepted. Come on mate.

And it's clear that self destructiveness is being nothing but promoted. Otherwise a "catharsis" would be more obvious and people would consider it as something to highlight problems in society. Instead, it's just morally relative bullshit. We're already seeing how that works out with the greed of the world and the apathy to others.

Indulgence is not a good thing in any form. If the indulgence was subversively criticised then it would be ok. But it's not. People are accepting it and it's destroying us as human beings.
>>
>>64601313
>No good rock music
gee, i wonder why
>>
>>64602315
The Beatles are pretty good
>>
>>64602283
>But the music itself doesn't promote "the destruction of society." None of Kanye West's music suggests that it's okay to use people or be used and dress it up as love or whatever you're trying to say.
That's where the context comes in.

You interpret the context and you realise they type of thing that Kanye supports.

>>64602298
>Again, I think you're seeing the right things, absolutely, but in the wrong places. Focus on the evils of society in a much more real sense, rather than an abstract one.
>real sense rather than an abstract one

Ok I'm done. If you cannot logically see what the music is inferring then your some kind of stupid.
>>
>>64602335
When have celebrities and pop musicians not been self-destructive? Them being popular means their lifestyles are accepted by the masses? I suppose, but I fail to see how Kanye is a unique example of this phenomenon, mister "pop music is only bad now."
>>
>>64602326
>changing your opinions to insincere ones in the hopes that someone will feel enough pity to have sex with you based on false opinions

nice going mate, you must be a really worthy individual
>>
>>64602403
> Having informed opinions instead of going against the grain on principle

wew lad
>>
>>64602376
>When have celebrities and pop musicians not been self-destructive?
Cartharsis. There's always been cartharsis and Kanye is an anti-cartharsis. People are just accepting it willy nilly because it's Kanye.
>Them being popular means their lifestyles are accepted by the masses? I suppose, but I fail to see how Kanye is a unique example of this phenomenon, mister "pop music is only bad now."
Take Cobain for example. Nobody says what he did was correct. That's because there was the ultimate cartharsis.

There was self destructiveness, but for a purpose. He was saying "everything is fucked, look what the world did to me"

Kanye just says "it's ok to destroy yourself"

If you accept that then allah, bhudda or what ever help us all. It's like you like abuse.
>>
>music is subjective
>>
>>64602423
>> Having informed opinions instead of going against the grain on principle
Your not exploring principles, your diving head first into an ocean with no land in sight and no boat.

There's no positive you can take from that.

Ideals can be questioned, but not outright rejected and ignored. That's ignorance.
>>
>music
>>
>>64602455
The only time music is "objective" is when such a large proportion of people subjectively agree on an opinion that it may as WELL be objective. Until someone, through some incredible work of science, discovers a formula for truly objectively rating music, it will be subjective at its very core
>>
>>64602432
That's not the message I've ever gotten from his music, haven't really spent much time listening to TLOP because I didn't care for it but I really don't think enjoying his music equates to condoning self-destruction. At best people are attracted to his music because he's so obviously delusional and removed from reality that it's an entertaining escape.
>>
>>64602560
>At best people are attracted to his music because he's so obviously delusional and removed from reality that it's an entertaining escape
Well if all people were like that, we'd have no problems. But there are too many (not just an anomaly or too) that see it as sort of an acceptable thing - remember, half the people on this planet have an IQ below 100.
>>
>>64602281
I've seen the same trend in my current scene. There are lots of the dime in a dozen indie "rock" bands that get some popularity and gigs but then there are these raw noisy and even technical bands that really stir people up and get actual reactions out of people.

Underground music is going as strong as good as it's always been, but the trend probably won't be moving onto popular music any time soon.
>>
>>64602648
Kanye is one of the most hated figures in entertainment if we're just looking at the tabloid shit, I wouldn't worry too much
>>
>>64602669
Which is fine in my opinion, because it should never be mainstream. The moment it becomes mainstream, it becomes shit. It gets refined down to its basest working components until it no longer resembles its origins.
>>
the solution is to move onto kpop
>>
>>64601313
pop music has always been catchy shit. Now just more boobs. what's to complain about?
>>
>>64602707
>Kanye is one of the most hated figures in entertainment if we're just looking at the tabloid shit, I wouldn't worry too much
I'm not seeing that. Because I tried to say he's a douche the other day, all I got back was "that's racist" from a kid. Literally just from calling someone a douche.

I don't even. Are people this stupid?
It's like the memes are becoming real. PC is poisoning the thinking of people and I guess that's part of the reason why I dislike Kanye, because some people see him as supporting those values as an example for what is right.

I forgot to mention that part too.
>>
>>64601313
>No good electronic music
What is Starship Amazing?
>>
>>64602912
> PC is poisoning people

And any opinions you may have had until now are irrelevant. Thank you for showing us who you really are.

inb4 war on men
>>
>>64602941
Why are you on 4chan?
>>
>>64603003
Because I hate music
>>
>>64601313
Just listen to Hey Ya by outkast for 1000 times
>>
>>64602941
>And any opinions you may have had until now are irrelevant. Thank you for showing us who you really are.
Oh god, you literally do not think do you?

PC is ok in some form, but not in the extreme it's being taken. It's literally used as an argument with not thinking as to why it's there in the first place.

Hence the "das racist" card.

You are the problem with this planet, fix yourself. You need to start thinking or else you will uphold a doctrine that will enslave you.

Haven't you heard Kanye's song "new slaves"

Well I've told you why your the new slave. Because you can't speak without adhering to that doctrine INFALLIBLY (not just within reason)

You must fight it or you will bring your own self destruction.
>>
>>64603101
> Well I've told you why your the new slave. Because you can't speak without adhering to that doctrine INFALLIBLY (not just within reason).

Motherfucker, I'm a communist. I'm the literal opposite of a slave. And I've never been more awake than at the present moment.

PC as it is presented in the media is utter garbage. PC in its real iteration is something else entirely, and encompasses the liberation of all oppressed peoples of the Earth, not just in the third world.

And its far from "das racist". It's a nuanced understanding of the mechanisms of structural opression in society, as perpetrated by the neo-liberal capitalist machine.

If bathrooms and BLM are where we're going to start, then good; its better than nothing, and a hell of a lot better than the present situation.
>>
File: 1444837143670.gif (693 KB, 339x279) Image search: [Google]
1444837143670.gif
693 KB, 339x279
>>64603142
>Motherfucker, I'm a communist
I bet you're American, aren't you? Go ahead and come to Eastern Europe some time, you clueless little shit. See what the glory of what communism left behind, "motherfucker". I'm sure you'll love living there, unlike all of the native population that doesn't want to live in general, yet alone this shithole.

Jesus Christ that post was so fucking pathetic I couldn't get past the first line.
>>
>>64603222
I'm Croatian, you shit-stain. Ex-Yu represent.
>>
>>64603222
nice trips
>>
File: 1452964224024.png (102 KB, 300x256) Image search: [Google]
1452964224024.png
102 KB, 300x256
>>64603142
>Motherfucker, I'm a communist. I'm the literal opposite of a slave.
You have no idea how the world works do you?

Communism is only logical in a post scarce world. Otherwise you need to have motivation to do shit.

Simple "because I want to" does not work in this society.

The communists of old found this the hard way and literally had people looking over their shoulder to make sure they worked. They needed enforcement to do work.

I hardly think money or merit is as bad as literally have a person "whip" you into action.

Sure you may say that money is the same thing, but atleast I have room to move and be myself.

Communism is beyond that. You literally have people use force to get you to do stuff. Oh and you can't climb the ladder or you'll end up dead.

Capitalism has problems, but it's still the most practical, most successful, most humane way of doing things.

Look forward to technocracy though. That's the beginning of post-scarce communism. That is alot better than communism implemented right now. We simply do not have the technology yet. So Capitalism for now. We need to start adjusting society to post-scarce conditions, not just pretend it will happen if we get rid of the motivation to work.

>PC in its real iteration is something else entirely, and encompasses the liberation of all oppressed peoples of the Earth, not just in the third world.
>liberation of all oppressed peoples of the Earth
Literally doublethink. Because it's oppressing people to enforce PC.

>If bathrooms and BLM are where we're going to start, then good; its better than nothing, and a hell of a lot better than the present situation.
So we just disregard the fact these people are destroying themselves with their ideology?
What is sti's?
What is mental health issues?

Have you not seen the amount of transgender people killing themselves?
You know why? They realise they fell for a meme and let themselves becoming a bitch for others. Don't say it doesn't happen, it's widespread.
>>
>>64603316
deep
>>
>>64601380
this
>>
>>64601613
Now imma let you finish...
>>
>>64601400
Weezer is power pop you imbecile
>>
>>64601334
also

/thread

I should have stopped talking after this post.

Clearly things are getting propaganda tier with the music industry.
>>
>>64603464
power pop is rock
>>
>>64601380
This

Black up is probably the best hip hop album of the decade
Thread replies: 116
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.