[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
discovered this band what's /mu/'s opinion on this band?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4
File: Linkin_park_hybrid_theory.jpg (29 KB, 300x290) Image search: [Google]
Linkin_park_hybrid_theory.jpg
29 KB, 300x290
discovered this band

what's /mu/'s opinion on this band?
>>
>>64599296
Hybrid Theory and Meteora are both great lps. Minutes to Midnight has some good tracks, but also many awful ones. Points of Authority is the best lp song.
>>
How does anyone just discover linkin park
>>
Hybrid Theory is a patrician album
>>
not bad, easily a 9/10
>>
>>64599296
Is Hybrid Theory /mu/ core?
>>
>>64600566
Somewhere I Belong, Papercut and Don't Stay are my favourites.
>>
>>64600660
I enjoy all the songs on the first two lps. I like the drums on Points of Authority in particular.
>>
They're pretty fucking awesome, especially live
>>
Fuck off, John Kasich.
>>
File: A_Thousand_Suns_Cover2.jpg (31 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
A_Thousand_Suns_Cover2.jpg
31 KB, 300x300
>>64599296
A thousand suns /mu/ core when?
>>
It's good. I like Crawling, By Myself, With You, and A Place for My Head
>>
>>64602593
in the past
>>
>>64600566
Reanimation is GOAT
>>
Linkin Park>Duster
>>
>>64602740
This is objectively their best album and got way too much flack from LP fans for not being the usual shit they always do and from critics for being LP.
>>
Used to love them but I struggle with them these days, as an adult the lyrics are just a bit too painful to listen to. I AM FEELING SAD, LISTEN TO HOW I FEEL
>>
Jesus Christ, what the fuck happened to /mu/. I can't tell if it's ironic anymore because this is legitimately the music quality that is discussed here now anyway. This fucking board turned into actual garbage. I thought it was bad before.
>>
>>64599296
How old are you?
They were hot shit 12 years ago. Easily much bigger than Imagine Dragons now.
>>
>>64605385
Why is Linkin Park bad?
>>
>>64605316
That's really the only issue I have with them, too. They've gotta be able to write better shit than 'CAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT OH YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT YEAH YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'VE GOT
>>
>>64602740
By far their best and the only thing of theirs I still listen to all the way through
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ9YDLu6U-4
>>
>>64602740
I have to admit, I tossed a bunch of shit at this record when it came out initially, but it's really grown on me since.
>>
>>64605627
If you replaced Linkin Park lyrics with lines from Kevin and Perry sketches you wouldn't even notice
>>
File: artwo.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
artwo.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
>>64605385
Grow up my friend
>>
>>64605316
just wait/try a lil more, youll have enough distance to take accept for what they are
>>
>>64599296

they're a great band, Hybrid Theory and Meteora are 10/10 albums and they are still my favorite albums from them. Minutes to Midnight had great songs, but a few shitty ones, and A Thousand Suns was an album I hated it when it came out but I love it by these days. The last two ones meh... They have some good stuff, but not enough. Anyways The Hunting Party has some great tunes.
Oh, and they're great live.
>>
>>64602740
This album, as a whole, is really great.
>>
>>64602740
a great concept album, if you don't like it at first read the lyrics, understand the concept and listen to it a few more times. You'll not be dissapointed
>>
>>64606058
Are... are you actually being serious?
>>
>>64606237
Are... are you? We're discussing music, that's a cut above the majority of shit that gets posted here. Could you maybe answer >>64605557?
>>
>>64606311
What do you want me to say? It's pop music. I listen to Avenged Sevenfold, but I don't delude myself into thinking their albums are fantastic works of art or waste time discussing something that needs not be discussed.

They're bland pop music that don't stand out. It's not a crime to listen to music for fun or have "guilty pleasures," but this level of delusion is unreal. The vocalist is essentially the only better-than-average aspect to the band, because he's pretty good, no doubt about that.

But what could you expect me to say about Linkin Park? They make hit singles and make casual music that pushes no boundaries, neither compositionally nor contextually in music. Leisure listening is great, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.
>>
>>64606437

good writeup
>>
>>64606437
>waste time discussing something that needs not be discussed

What should we be discussing?
>>
>>64602740
This is a good album all the way through. Great synths
>>
>>64599296
Do you live under a rock or something?
How the actual fuck do you discover Linkin Park in 2016?
>>
IT STARTS WITH
>>
>>64600578
>>64605432
>>64606695

>Swallowing the bait whole
>>
>>64602740
Agree with almost everyone replying. Album is a solid 7.
>>
what do people think of Waiting for the End and The Messenger

nothing like they have done before, do you think its good?
>>
>>64599296

Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns are their best albums.

Come at me you relentless faggots.
>>
>>64607249
Waiting for the end is one of lp's beat tracks. I also like when they come for me
>>
>>64606237

> Are you kidding me?

Hello Carl
>>
CRAWWWWWLING IN MY SKINN
>>
THEEERREEE'S AAAA FIIIIIIIRREEEEEEE BURNINGG IN MY HEEAAAARRRTTT
>>
>>64602740
>dat oppenheimer speech

10/10
>>
>>64599296
I only need the 'Reanimation' remix album thanks
>>
GOD BLESS US EVERY ONE
>>
File: cat.gif (1 MB, 370x207) Image search: [Google]
cat.gif
1 MB, 370x207
>>64607817
Listen to song. Watch gif.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcra0m6ErwA
>>
>>64606437
>waste time discussing something that needs not be discussed
Get your shit together, why are you discussing about a subject to say it doesn't need to be discussed ?
Should everyone that post in /mu/ or everywhere ask your permission before discussing something, or saying they enjoy it ?
People enjoy things other don't, maybe because they're not looking for the same things, and don't have the same approach.
Why do you want to impose to the other what they're supposed to enjoy? Would it be so hard to let it go ?
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.