[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Worst fads of the past decade? for me one was the obsession
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1461131354857.jpg (27 KB, 636x636) Image search: [Google]
1461131354857.jpg
27 KB, 636x636
Worst fads of the past decade?

for me one was the obsession with satanic/occult themes that brought shit like witch house or odd future about 5 years back, holy christ I'm glad that died down
>>
Me too

>black people trying to act like edgy 13 year old white kids with upside down crosses

baka familia
>>
>>64596794
>>64597045
I wish that shit was still around desu.
>>
Definitely vaporwave

Trannies, Google translate, and reverb: what could go wrong?
>>
File: 1458694103229.jpg (55 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
1458694103229.jpg
55 KB, 500x447
>>64597061
>the overuse of reverb within the past several years

I think it's gotten better again but oh my CHRIST was it bad for a bit there
>>
>>64597079
reverb isn't bad when used right
>>
Poptmism

OH LETS PRETEND TO LIKE THIS MEDICORE TOP 40 MUSIC LIKE ITS SOMEHOW REBLIOUSE TO LIKE SOMETHING THAT IS POPULAR LOL ROCKISTS WHO CARES ABOUT CREATIVITY I WANT TO LISTEN TO THE SAME BLAND POP MUSIC THAT HAS 60 DIFFRENT WRITERS AND WAS PUT TOGTHER BY A COMMITTEE

I await your yous
>>
>>64597135
I agree, what I'm saying is that it was being abused and certainly not use right, it was used to mask people not being able to actually make music
>>
>>64597145
More like the fad of posting the words rockism or poptimism for things that you don't like.
>>
>>64597145
what if I like pop-rock
>>
>>64597145
I can understand liking pop music (thats the point of it) but what makes me scratch my head is how people act like the pop performer is some god for doing it when their music is in fact written by a ton of great producers that can perfectly construct a song for the masses.

I really do admire a lot of producers that people don't really recognize as the true gurus behind it, but its not like they care they make millions off of it.
>>
>>64597218
I like pop but I understand that they're just as flawed and fallible as any musician. And I tend to like pop written and produced by the performer (unfortunately that's rare)/
>>
>>64597338
There's a shitton of pop written by the person performing it. Generally not top 40 but I don't see why that matters unless you're specifically talking about top 40 pop, and if so you should specify that.

I mean you could just look up any indie pop band or artist.
>>
>>64597361
I meant pop as a whole. If you're talking about Top 40 then there's maybe only Taylor (occasionally) and MJ (again, occasionally.)
>>
>>64596794
>>64597061
>>64597145
> all part of The Great Convergence
>>
>>64597202

then you're patrician
>>
Death Grips and nu-metal revival.
>>
>>64597434
meme-tier /lit/ reference
>>
File: turk.jpg (44 KB, 656x523) Image search: [Google]
turk.jpg
44 KB, 656x523
Do you remeber that fad a few years ago started by mumford and sons where it was just nothing but really bland hipster folk pop music with like really white people pretending to be old timey southern people, but probably they where hipsters from Brooklyn
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.