[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let me tell you something. I've known of Deftones since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: Deftones-logo-1600-1200.jpg (149 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Deftones-logo-1600-1200.jpg
149 KB, 1600x1200
Let me tell you something.

I've known of Deftones since "Change" came out in 2000, but I never liked them. It was one of those refuse-to-like type of situations. I convinced myself that I hated them, so I wouldn't give them a chance and for years and years I would rage change the song if I even heard them, because I was just like UGH NO DEFTONES. My husband loves them, friends love them, but NO, I just wouldn't. I did slightly like "Sextape" because my husband had put it on a sex playlist he made and I let it slide because in the moment it's a pretty good song.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I decided to smoke and have a night chillin by myself in the dark, and for some reason I thought to myself that I would put on my headphones and watch the video for "Sextape" on youtube (well not for some reason, smoking makes me horny and that's where my mind went I suppose).
Anyway.

One thing led to another, and the next thing I knew I had sat there and watched one Deftones video after the next as it just auto-played another after another for 2 hours and I was literally in tears with the feelings their music was pulling out of me. I listened to them for the first time with *real ears* and I felt the music deep in my soul. It reverberated through my entire being. I was clutching the headphones over my ears with my eyes closed, almost in a trance.
(Also, this song, holy shit, I was practically melted into my chair * soundcloud. com/iacon/p-a-r-a-l-y-t-i-s-k *)

Since that night, I have become O B S E S S E D with Deftones. I listen to them every day, in my car, at home, sex, whatever, I can't get enough of them and I realize now what I had been missing all these years, but it took listening with real ears to discover it.

SO LET ME SAY, if you have never given Deftones a real chance, DO THAT SHIT. If you don't think you like them, listen to them while under the influence and I swear it will awaken inside you, as if that was the catalyst needed all this time.
>>
>>64596645
PEOPLE I need to talk about Deftones. Let's do this. Tell me about your Deftones experiences!
>>
>>64596645
So far, Diamond Eyes is my favorite album.
>>
>>64596645
>>64596748
This looks like a pasta. If it isn't, congratulations. They're a great band.

Want me to post their discography in the sharethread for you?
>>
>>64596876
No I literally just excitedly typed this so I could talk about Deftones with people haha
>>
I saw them live when saturday night wrist came out and it was cool
>>
>>64596942
They are performing near me this week, and I'm like damn, if only it was a bit further out and I'd had time to plan, I want to see them so bad
>>
>>64596961
I saw them right after they dropped Gore. Free show; set was short but it was interesting. The drums were much louder than everything else though, they probably had to use less amps since it was in a small building and not a stadium or club or something. Still glad I saw them, I plan on seeing them again some day!

Also, Deftones fans are nuts. Myself included.
>>
>>64596645
Get off 4chan mom
>>
>>64596645
taking nu metal this seriously. Pathetic.
I wont read your whole post nigga.
>>
I am in the unique position of never having heard a Deftones song but I'm considering listening to them

Why are they good? Are they regular nu-metal that's just better written than Disturbed/Korn/etc, or do they incorporate things beyond nu-metal and thats what gives them the acclaim
>>
>>64597059
You pretty much can't lump them into the nu-metal category at all
>>64597075
they fit mostly into the alternative metal category

Give "Beauty School" a listen
>>
Old guy in 30's here. Deftones Around the Fur and Adrenaline were the soundtrack to my shitty life circa freshman year in high school. Every now and then I drink myself into oblivion and throw it on when nobody can see me.

>I'M GETTING BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED
>>
>>64597362
"Bored" is my favorite song off of Adrenaline!
>>
>>64596645
I fucked a lot of bitches to Passenger, makes them always come back I reckon.
>>
>>64597402
I'm pretty sure fucking girls to Deftones albums is an easy way to keep em coming back.
Passenger is a good one. Please tell me it was in a car, like, every time
>>
File: whitepony.jpg (19 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
whitepony.jpg
19 KB, 800x800
>>64597059
2/9 of their albums are nu metal.

>>64597075
Their first two albums are genuinely good nu metal, but they were pretty much done with the genre before Disturbed even had an album out. They have a vast amount of influences, you'll hear some elements of dream pop in their sound. In my opinion pic related is worth a listen for any fan of alternative rock.
>>
>>64596645
i've only ever listened to Adrenaline. Nosebleed was probably my favorite off that album. other than that I have no idea.
>>
>>64596645
Around the Fur is still good for a listen now and then, but I feel like once you listen to White Pony, you've pretty much heard everything they made after White Pony.
>>
>>64597611
Really? I haven't found this to be true. White Pony is their masterpiece in my opinion but I don't think anything they did afterwards sounds like it at all.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.