[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the consensus on Eminem's "Rap God"?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: em.jpg (218 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
em.jpg
218 KB, 1920x1080
What's the consensus on Eminem's "Rap God"?
>>
it's pretty embarrassing to be honest with you
>>
>>64594626

his best song/music video since "We Made You"

some of the lyrics are dumb though

>Without Me
"So come on dip, bum on your lips fuck that,
cum on your lips and some on your tits" is

>Rap God
"Monica Lewinski feeling on his nutsack"

The edgy jokes on Rap God are a little too obvious/blunt and it comes off as lazy.
>>
It's so bad man. It's rappity rap raps to the highest degree. Rap is supposed to be an art, not a fucking sport.

Eminems artistry went down the shitter after TES.
>>
UH, SUMMA LUMMA DUMA
>>
>>64594626
Kinda like when your dad tried to play football with you and your friends because he used to be captain of the team in high school and on the first snap he falls over and sprains his ankle.
>>
Eminem is easily one of the best technical rappers of all time, that doesn't mean he makes actually interesting music
>>
It's as close rap music can get to technical wankery
>>
hes the god of rap xD
>>
>>64595943
but is he titan of rap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDJ3uzf5c18
>>
he's kinda like the dream theater of rap music in that he's technically proficient but all of his new shit is really fucking bad
>>
>>64594626
It's an amazing tech demo of Eminem's unparalleled skills, that is pretty fun to jam.
As a song? Well it's a clusterfuck of nonsense and recycled jokes, so p bad at this point
>>
The rapping is great but I can't say enough how fucking awful the beat is. Guy really needs to pick better producers.
>>
>>64594626
The rap equivalent of guitar wanking
>>
>>64596047
Leave.

>>64595051
>>64596069
>>64596075
>>64596094
Agreed.
>>
>greatest rapper of all time is white
explain this
>>
>>64594955
kek'd heartily
>>
"I'm on top of a monopoly board. That means I'm on top of my game" - Eminem

A true wordsmith
>>
>>64594817
>rap is supposed to be an art, not a sport.
well said.
>>
>>64594955
I laughed out loud, anon.
>>
Not necessarily bad
>>
File: marshall mathers.jpg (121 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
marshall mathers.jpg
121 KB, 1417x1417
>>64597770
How do you go from this to that?
>>
>>64596094
I think I read a p4k review that said something about how the rapping is so fast and dense that producing a beat for Eminem is like "feeding it directly into a wood chipper"
>>
>>64594817
there's nothing fundamentally wrong with rappity rap raps
>>
>>64598415
And to call that a SEQUEL to MMLP.
>>
>>64594626
just listened. maybe the only rap track i didn't need to check rap genius to make sure i got all the references. he's really writing down to his audience, or theres just not much depth there (though he's certainly clever/proficient, in his way). he says nothing interesting.

and the production is unforgivable.
>>
>>64597866
It can be both. As far as I know Eminem practiced his rapping skills in 96' as a waiter, rapping people's food orders. It's possible that for him rap is not only a form of art, perhaps not even a form of sport, but a habitus that is ultimately both and more than these combined. The American philosopher Kenneth Burke called it a "terministic screen", i.e. a type of lens that determines your perception and symbolic action in the world. I think there are personal, private, and idiosyncratic terministic screens, outwardly manifest in some oddly satisfying coincidences, such as a man named M. P. Fish, who made great efforts in the late 1940s in the study of sound-producing fishes and other marine animal sound sources. Instead of this name-based logic, I think it might be something else like that for Eminem. Perhaps he is so technical and profuse in his rappidy rap raps because it's neither art nor sport but something altogether different, a way of living in the world.
>I am not a robot.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.