[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Enough. Enough Death Grips. Enough Acid-tripping whores you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9
File: 1460828646442.png (148 KB, 353x319) Image search: [Google]
1460828646442.png
148 KB, 353x319
Enough.

Enough Death Grips. Enough Acid-tripping whores you only listen to because you're naive enough to think they'd be a good fuck. Enough vaporware. Enough shit only martians would listen to.

Who here likes some NORMAL fucking music that REAL FUCKING PEOPLE listen to? Which one of you drinks water and needs oxygen to breath and a heart to pump blood JUST like EVERYBODY ELSE?

REAL. MUSIC.
>>
>>64589787
you must be new
>>
Normies do not like good music.
>>
File: 1449319490075.jpg (52 KB, 700x466) Image search: [Google]
1449319490075.jpg
52 KB, 700x466
>>64589791

I genuinely am. I've been checking out /mu/ for no more than 7 months tops and you cats are god damn baffling. The less weird music is fucking K-Pop general but I'd rather shave my arse with sharp rock than that.

And you fucks just keep jumping between listening to noise and then defending fucking Marina and her Diamonds like she's anything above neat. What is going on here? Is this all just some kind of inside joke?
>>
>>64589876
Lurk more before fucking posting. Also, each general tends to have it's own demographics, it's not like /mu/ is one person.

Also, I hate to be that guy, but if you want "normal" music or music that is more popular go to /r/music or /r/letstalkmusic.
The former is pretty neat.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 292x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 292x300
>>64589787
>>64589876
I'm not even joking OP, an Evening with Wild Man Fischer is my favorite album of all time
>>
>>64589787
I unironically death grips. I also like stuff like this.

https://youtu.be/8tiVmPXNzdM

But then, i also have pleb taste like the first two panic at the disco albums
>>
>>64589876
Its called "opinions" my laddo
>>
File: this fukken guy.jpg (175 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
this fukken guy.jpg
175 KB, 960x720
>>64589876
you're a fucking twat.

what >>64590100 said. lurk more before posting. 7 months aint enough apparently. your opinions r still shit bruv

/mu/ is good (kind of) because people post about "weird" music like Death Grips as well as admit that pop artists like Marina and the Diamonds are also great.

go lurk reddit if you cant handle this patrician board. you're clearly not ready and may never be ready...
>>
>>64589787
>>64589876

Holy shit man.
>>
i like The Band
>>
>>64589876
You do realize that there is more than one person on the site and that these /bleep/, /noise/, /[genre or artist here]/ threads are filled with different types of people right? /mu/ is not a hivemind. I'm sure there's music here for you.
>>
op do you like Radiohead
>>
>>64589876
The Marina fans are memeing. No one here actually likes her music besides maybe reddit and /r9k/ migrants. We only like her for her body of work
>>
>>64591383
I unironically like her music, fuck you
>>
File: 3541468391-1.jpg (794 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
3541468391-1.jpg
794 KB, 900x900
>>64589787
i know exactly what you mean, you should check out this cool pop-rock album by this dude called Merzbow
>>
File: cover.jpg (400 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
400 KB, 600x600
I think I know what you like OP.
Give this a listen. You'll like it.
>>
File: ruinsalone_HI[1].jpg (154 KB, 1200x1650) Image search: [Google]
ruinsalone_HI[1].jpg
154 KB, 1200x1650
If i wanted the top 100 dadrock bands I'd go to Rolling stone and If i wanted the top 100 popular artists I look at billboard.com. Did you consider that we come here because of the possibility of finding something interesting we wouldn't have otherwise?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoNtq1Nr7JQ
>>
>>64589876
You're an asshole. Like I get it. /mu/ doesn't talk a lot about The Who, or Rolling Stones, or Dylan. We don't discuss Fleet Foxes or Beck in the greatest of details. This is mostly because everyone knows their influences and why many see them as great artists. /mu/ is a bit beyond talking about The Rolling Stones Magazine Top 100 albums of all time. It's almost a prerequisite to know and have listened to a lot of these albums. /mu/ prefer to talk about current events, and what they seem to like. I'm not saying this place is perfect (because it's fucking not), but attacking it from the angle that a music board tackles interesting and weird music, because it doesn't want to discuss a sound that's been there since 1967, is a really weird line of attack, and it makes you seem like one of those "le wrong generation" type of people to be honest.
>>
>>64592062
This is what I mean. This is fucking exactly what I mean. All you people care about is that you listened to the same "obscure gems" and "indie" so you can all circlejerk about it. "Oh our taste is sooo unique." Well guess what fucker, if everybody listens to the same "obscure gem" then none of these people have unique taste anymore. You're all really the same. How does that feel, to know you listen to music for the cred without actually getting any cred? must suck huh? Fuck you and your stupid fucking indie music.
>>
>>64589787
If you really wanna talk about normal music, make a thread and hope it doesn't get drowned in shitposts. But honestly, I'm still a bit of a newfag to /mu/ myself and although I'm a tremendous fan of classic rock and a decent amount of pop, I had no idea how little I knew til I came to this board. And that's what /mu/ is, a place to learn about new music or music you haven't heard before and develop an understanding and appreciation for what really pushes the boundaries. Do you know how boring it would be here if every 3rd thread was about The Beatles or Taylor Swift? Live a little, really try some of these albums out and get past your petty needs for familiarity. Otherwise you'll be an old fart wishing it was still 1969.
>>
>>64589876
I love pistachios but you're not contributing shit bucco
>>
""""Normal"""" music is boring
>>
File: The-Best-Rock-Band-Of-All-Time.jpg (78 KB, 568x299) Image search: [Google]
The-Best-Rock-Band-Of-All-Time.jpg
78 KB, 568x299
>>64592527
The only one drawing these conclusions is you.

>All you people care about is that you listened to the same "obscure gems" and "indie" so you can all circlejerk about it.

Actually, no

We like music and want to explore it outside popular, well-known albums. Some of them are fine, but more often than not, they are heavily overrated by the Rolling Stones/Pitchfork/NME crowd. This board isn't perfect, but it gives us avenue for the discussion of albums thay wouldn't often come up on more popular music boards such as reddit or ultimateguitar. If you want to discuss more popular albums then go there.

No-one is saying /mu/ has completely unique taste, however, /mu/ and other sites have introduced me to great albums that I would otherwise be ignorant to even as a self-proclaimed music fan.
>>
>>64589787
I do.
>>
"Real fucking people" like shit music because everything scares them. They're like,

"I don't know what this is.

I don't like it."

We're not like that!!
>>
>>64590223
haha, I love this album.
>>
>>64589787
We all grew out of normie music in our teens. Shit gets pretty fuckin boring after a while. Maybe we just listen to more music than you do.
>>
When /mu/ first opened it was terrible. The most discussed fucking band was Dragonforce. Eventually all the Dragonforce fans got kicked out on their ass because there's only so much to say about Dragonforce and people who like weirder music also tend to have heard a lot more music and to have stronger opinions about it. Even though we got rid of all of the genuine Dragonforce fans, Dragonforce remained a meme for years, I don't even mean just a couple years it took forever to get people to shut up about this band. I guess they faded way on their own in the end.
>>
File: 1313337049095.jpg (234 KB, 1158x1226) Image search: [Google]
1313337049095.jpg
234 KB, 1158x1226
>>64593143
I joined around 2009, this was one of the first comics I saved from here. It's good to see someone who's an oldfag here and not another 16 year old. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting too old for this board
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.