[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it acceptable on /mu/ to like this album? It's literally
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: INRAINBOWS.jpg (421 KB, 1417x1417) Image search: [Google]
INRAINBOWS.jpg
421 KB, 1417x1417
Why is it acceptable on /mu/ to like this album? It's literally coldplay tier safe pop rock.
>>
You can make pop rock at varying degrees of quality, e.g. In Rainbows = Amazing pop rock, whereas Ghost Stories = Shit pop rock.

Probably b8 but thought I should address it anyway. Quality can be present in any genre.
>>
but the songwriting/production is nearly flawless
>>
>>64587559
explain why pop rock is always bad as a rule, even if it's well crafted
>>
>>64587559
LOLOLOLOL....omg OP, I am laffin. PLEASE post some of YOUR "exciting/daring/inventive/original/stunningly new" MUZIK for all of us to enjoy!!!! c'mon faggot up with the tunes!!
>>
>>64587702
i think in rainbows is amazing but "i bet you can't make something better" isn't a valid response
>>
>>64587728
noooo I meant ANY music, not "your original music". I'm looking for alternatives.

IR is pretty damn inventive melodically....gorgeous!! Coldplay pulls too many cliches and old shameless tricks. do you even know anything about music or what makes something original or a weak imitation?
>>
>>64587559

jigsaw falling into place is goat
>>
File: Untitled 2009.jpg (200 KB, 1440x1440) Image search: [Google]
Untitled 2009.jpg
200 KB, 1440x1440
>>64587702
Op here. This is the best album of all time
>>
>>64587876
what? you want to elaborate on that claim or you just wanna suck a wet fart out of your grandmother's asshole?
>>
>>64588007
You asked me to give you music I liked, and I provided. Or are you just too pleb to understand the cultural significance?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFhZnpmJktM
>>
>>64588038
its so shit dude. the cover is shit. the font is shit. the fact he titled it "untitled" is shit. the lack of form is disturbing and I could give two fucks about the "cultural significance" of such empty garbage
>>
>>64587876
I haven't heard that one, gonna check it
>>
>>64587702
Albums better than In Rainbows from the same decade:
Confield
Supersilent 6
The Drift
Ys
Arms (Zs)
>>
this coldplay meme is perhaps the worst for as long as i can remember. i want to discuss radiohead properly on this sub without memeposting dickheads
>>
>>64587632
most lucid comment I have ever seen on /mu/

btw its not fkng b8
>>
>>64588148
it's not even radiohead's best album of that decade
>>
>>64588235
It's OK, those albums are still better than any of their work.
>>
>>64588292
Not sure if I agree but Ys is fantastic either way
>>
>>64588148
yo thanks imma look deez up real quikk. hell yea bro, hittin up a brotha w/ some QUALITY goods naw mean
>>
edgy
>>
>>64587632
first comment is best comment as always.

there is hope on this board afterall
>>
>>64587632
this comment made me cream my shorts twice.

but really Chris Martin is sort've handsome isn't he? in an earnest sort of way? DOES HE NOT FEEL? DOES HE NOT BLEED?

that man is a beautiful emotional handsome soft rocker with a croon that drops even the tightest panties. even if it is a little gay at the same time.

wheras Thom is more of an evil genius, but in that british way when he's just sort of androgynously hip and has an autistic bandmate who can do orchestral scores and make things that sound "epic" and a talent for being so dark and sleek and sexy and progressive yet obscure and artistic,

wheras chris martin is like your older brother or your older brother's friend who was your neighbor. and he's in a long term relationship and buys the girl flowers and she doesn't give blowjobs. but that's ok because they spend their nights talking and snugglling and making tea and all that G rated fun those people in relationships like to have.

but he IS handsome. the bassist for Coldplay, although gay is also handsome. some would claim more handsome than the frontman, Chris Martin.

It should be said that they both have an EAR for a tune. Its just, coldplay fell off the wagon, they turned toward the center, the familiar, I mean, what was with that french revolution crayola crap? do they call that art?

At least radiohead sort've became sexy AI cyborgs like leather and lasers, like the Gloaming. if you've ever watched the Gloaming live, its really sexy with THOM slinking about like a serpent and the jittery cold electronica. its just edgier. its more "21st century" its cooler.

i mean cool as in, when you're in a photo editior, and you choose warm vs cool tones, radiohead is the cool and coldplay is the warm

also the game
>>
thom yorke admitted it was inspired by a Rush of Blood to the Head
>>
File: 1459990396845.jpg (121 KB, 553x692) Image search: [Google]
1459990396845.jpg
121 KB, 553x692
>>64588949
why did you post this?
>>
>>64587876
> best album of all time is an album made in the past decade
4/10, bad b8
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.