[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
LP9 WHEN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (319 KB, 751x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
319 KB, 751x673
>releases single
>says nothing about forthcoming LP

when is it coming /mu/?

Also general Radiohead thread
>>
File: thm.gif (2 MB, 200x242) Image search: [Google]
thm.gif
2 MB, 200x242
Thom is such a cocktease, just release the damn thing fellas!
>>
>>64579008
My understanding is the LP is complete and Radiohead is literally all over media now. Don't see why they wouldn't drop the album today, tomorrow, or Friday. Frankly sick of all this cryptic shit.
>>
>>64578960
People were saying May 6th from the start. Anyone know why?
>>
>>64579092
Some Reddit sleuths are convinced it's coming May 6 but they're now rethinking that because RH released a paid single yesterday.
>>
>>64579121
Burn the witch might not be on the album, mind.
>>
>>64579171
hopefully
>>
>>64579193
I hated it at first but the more I listened to it I began to love it.
>>
>>64579193
I liked BTW but I hope so too because it means more content.
>>
>>64578960
I hope never, radiohead sucks
>>
Definitely this month because they're starting their tour.
Maybe next week? I'm guessing around next week or like the week after. But nothing after that.
>>
>>64579240
W E W L A D
E
W
L
A
D

you are really kool coming to radiohead threads and telling everyone that they suck and your taste is cleary superior! Thanks for showing us the patrician light, we will follow you when our tiny little brains realise you were right all along :^D
>>
pretty amusing to see /mu/ collectively shit all over burn the witch despite it being an actually refreshing song that seems to step away from the TMB weak glitch pop sound of TKOL and all of thom's non radiohead-related projects.

the expectation on these guys to release something Very Important or a Big Statement must be incredibly frustrating and limiting on them. song is good, get over it.
>>
>>64578960
it will be out by the end of next week at the very latest. they sort of have everyone's attention now so they have to take advantage of it.

I hope Identikit is in lp9 but thats not very likely
>>
>>64579344

/mu/ is contrarian. almost the entire radiohead fanbase loves it
>>
>>64579344
What do you expect /mu/ just like meme rap
>>
>>64579344
I'm glad LP9 is probably not going to sound like TKOL. It reminiscent of HTTT but more updated and refreshing, which is fine by me because it's my favourite album by them.
>>
>>64579233

remember when they released an album after 4 years that only had 8 songs and more than half of them were underwhelming?
>>
>>64579344
It's good but it's not great.
>>
>>64579492
If I had been anticipating LP8 for ages and then got the fucking King of Limbs I'd probably be incredibly disappointed lol. Hopefully LP9 will be the shit, though.
>>
>>64579344
this pretty much, the hate is pretty stupid th, comparing this to coldplay.... seriously? we can compare coldplay with oasis, the verve and every other band that uses those violins, i think we have to wait... till underage and memetards get tyred of shitposting
>>
>>64579047
>literally all over the media

i think you meant figuratively, which is the complete opposite of the word you used. although even then that's not really a great sentence to use either word, would have worked fine without
>>
>>64579344
except it sounds like muse doing atoms for peace...
>>
>>64579485
We knew for a long, long time LP9 wasn't going to sound like KOTL, Identikit and especially Fullstop (including some others) was proof of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qau0irqY3GU
>>
>>64579506
Yeah, fair enough, but like there are loads and loads of people who are saying that same exact thing, so the the vocal minority who hate BTW and the people who are saying "It's okay, calm down and stop overrating it!" are almost reacting to something that hasn't happened yet. It's just kind of boring really, the song isn't being touted as a masterpiece outside of YouTube comment sections.
>>
>>64579535
why would you rage about that? they are just very obvious trolls. the more you keep making butthurt posts like these the more you incite them to post that shit.
>>
the whole wiping online social media presence thing is cringey as fuck

it's like a bunch of old guys who are seeing all the new creative ways younger bands are promoting their material (args etc..) and think hey lets come up with a cool idea like that xD

it worked though, not because it's a good idea but because their fans are the kinds of people that browse /r/adviceanimals daily
>>
>>64579591
I don't understand the point of this post.
>>
>>64579544
It sounds like an arena rock band influenced by prog and classical music playing electronic glitchy IDM pop?

I'm sorry but I really don't see the comparison at all. It honestly feels like, when reading people talk about or describe this song, that I've been duped and I've heard a completely different song or something.
>>
>>64579546
Yeah. Come to your senses is a track I'm most excited for. Very HTTT.

TKOL was a good album, but the sound/aesthetic has run its course and was a little...so-so.
>>
>>64579591
Wasn't it on press freedom day? It's probably some statement about censorship.
>>
>>64579591
RADIOHEAD HAVE ALWAYS DONE SHIT LIKE THIS

Come on guys
>>
>>64579606
i was just expressing my reaction to their marketing technique
>>64579616
the fact that they released a single shortly thereafter makes me think it had more to do with hype generation than a statement about censorship, though you may be right
>>64579625
i never said they didn't. i'm just just saying their marketing ideas are so goddamn boring.

i love the music though, im not one of those radiohead shitposting haters
>>
Does anyone hear 'I'm like an animal, trapped in your hot cock" in All I Need? Apparently it's car but I can't make my brain accept that.
>>
>>64579171
why would they not put it on the album? every artist does
>>
>>64579240
Chris Martin, go away.
>>
>>64579591
you sound extremely cynical. organise some C.B.T or something
>>
>>64579591
man you sound butthurt ass fuck, take it easy, i feel your anger lmao
>>
>>64579697
Chris martin love radiohead th
>>
>>64579541
Faggot
>>
>>64579615
KOTL is easily the most 'specific' album the lads have made. The thing with Kid A and Amnesiac was that while it had electronic influences, there were still songs that had their old flair.

KOTL was an absolute departure from that, which obviously surprised many is still the most divisive in terms of opinions. I loved it and still listen to it, but I will admit the Live from the Basement version helped with it still staying relevant for me.

Every time I listen to Staircase, I get an instant rush of nostalgia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDcsKDGGHM
>>
>>64579754
i appreciate this post much more than your previous one. you don't butcher the english language like a 12 year old girl in this one.
>>
>>64579792
Anon, do you think the album is called King of the Limbs? It's The King of Limbs, mate.
>>
>>64579707
im not cynical, do you know what that word even means?
>>64579727
how am i butthurt?
>>
>>64579792
Agreed. I like mature Radiohead. And plus, Thom broke up with his gf/life partner so I'm expecting some more rawness and emotional depth past "the government is bad and scary", which is getting a little old.
>>
>>64579865
Didn't even realize. I've been playing a lot of kotl recently on Dota 2, which explains it.
>>
>>64579008
>>
i feel like i'm on /r/music
>>
>>64579518
Thats what happened to me bro. In Rainbows was the album that got me into Radiohead. Before that I was still an angsty teen that listened to punk. I remember I was so excited when I heard 'LP8' was coming out. Release day rolled around and we all just got a very OK album with Thom Yorke flailing his arms around like an idiot. I am excited about this album because I know it's going to be closer to In Rainbows.
>>
>>64579915
It's okay, I've been shortening Hail to the Thief to HTTF for years
>>
>>64580001
>hail to the feef
kek
>>
>>64579008
fuck now i'm horny
>>
>>64578960
More like Gaydiohead.
>>
File: thommy.gif (997 KB, 250x298) Image search: [Google]
thommy.gif
997 KB, 250x298
>>64580450
He has that effect
>>
>>64580469
Great comment, mate. You should hang it up on your wall or something.
>>
>>64579591
theyve always done shit like this you idiot
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.