[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is PW good live? Im going to see them tonight but don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: pandapwcover.jpg (160 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
pandapwcover.jpg
160 KB, 900x900
Is PW good live? Im going to see them tonight but don't want to get my hopes up
>>
Yes it's great live, they implement a lot of long jams and intermissions that the studio versions really needed, much better than the actual album (not to mention daily routine is fucking amazing live)
>>
All of the impression that may have been lost on you with the album will suddenly hit you when you see the painters live, like a drug taking a delayed affect
>>
Yeah, I really liked it when I saw them in Chicago. I'm still kinda bummed they didn't play anything from Strawberry Jam and that Daily was the only song used from mpp
>>
>>64575873
Yeah, I thought it was great live. But tellingly, the old jams (Alvin Row, Daily Routine, Loch Raven, Bees) are all superior. Daily Routine was especially powerful with those huge sweeping bass tones at the end.
>>
>>64575873
yeah it's incredible
>>
I've seen a number of videos and it seems definitely better, but missing the low-end in their mix as has been the case for a few years now.
>>
>>64576521
I didn't think they play Alvin Row live?
>>
>>64576705
You're thinking of Banshee Beat
>>
>>64576705
>>64576733
They do both you fucking mayfags
>>
>>64576784
Sauce
>>
>>64576733
I think I might have actually been thinking of Bat You'll Fly (please day I'm right about that one)
>>
Does anyone know if they're gonna mix things up? I'm seeing them live at the 9:30 on their second day, and I'm really hoping they don't just play the same jams.
>>
>>64577030
>>64576733
You might be talking about Bluish tbhfam. iirc Avey wrote it for his ex-wife
>>
>>64577085
Probably the same.
>>
>>64577087
they performed bluish live dude
>>
>>64575873
PW is so much better live
>>
any chance they do something from SJ or CHz? seeing them on tuesday
>>
>>64576705
>>64576733
>>64577030
>>64577085
>>64577755
here you go
http://www.setlist.fm/search?query=animal+collective
>>
>>64577633
That's great news!
>>
>>64575873
Big Yes. The live drumming is fantastic, as are the vocals, and the reworks of older tracks work really well, especially Loch Raven.
When I saw them in London, their voices were in great condition and Panda virtually never went flat or resorted to his weird swallowed delivery.
>>
Some people will say that it was shit but they actually have a great live show right now. Even if you don't love PW, it's still their most energetic album and they do a really good job of mixing everything together live. It's a really fun show and they have a good time with it

Also if Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith is still the opener then you should definitely pay attention to her set. She's really great
>>
They're pretty great. Even made an introvert like me dance and sing along.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.