[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1133- decoding-the-politics-in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: Burn-The-Witch-640x478.jpg (96 KB, 640x478) Image search: [Google]
Burn-The-Witch-640x478.jpg
96 KB, 640x478
http://pitchfork.com/thepitch/1133-decoding-the-politics-in-radioheads-burn-the-witch-video/

>I-It's all related to trump guys!

Why do people take Pitchfork seriously?
>>
Bernie > Trump
>>
>>64572941
I don't know why but I ain't clickin that link, guy.
>>
>>64572941
Why don't you just ignore stupid things and read something else?
>>
Why would a britmong like Thom give a shit about Trump?
>>
>>64572956
I basically described it for you. Burn the Witch is secretly about Donald Trump and american politics despite Radiohead being a UK band and making this song in 2005.
>>
>>64572977
That's genuinely hilarious
>>
>>64572941
It's quite simple.

Critical theorists took the Marxism meme and adapted it for a more subtle academic form that focuses more on culture. They basically took over the humanities, and taught all the impressionable humanities majors - some of which would become critics - who all would just swallow whatever the professors give them because they're weak-minded careerists - that the socio-political is EVERYTHING, and basically art or writing about art has no value if it's not actively trying to contort it for some political purposing related to race/class/gender/sex

So criticism has become pretty much all about that. It's truly insufferable.
>>
>>64572941
If anything it accurately portrays what the Left/Libs are becoming. If you don't agree with them, you're a racist/prejudiced/offensive/ignorant/etc, and they'll even try and destroy your career.

A society based on morals/thoughts that can't be criticized will, in one way or another, turn into the village in the video. And that's what the left is degenerating liberalism into.
>>
>>64572941
They're just striking while the iron's hot. Trump is huge in the media currently, so is Radiohead off the release of this vid, so they're cashing in on the buzz from both and trying to get some views. While I think Pitchfork is wrong like half of the time, even this obvious of an attention-grab seems a little... Sad. It's too base to laugh at.
>>
File: 1454761517481.jpg (84 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
1454761517481.jpg
84 KB, 960x960
>>64572941
>Why do people take Pitchfork seriously?
Only faggy hipsters do.
>>
File: 1462000636601.jpg (143 KB, 761x545) Image search: [Google]
1462000636601.jpg
143 KB, 761x545
>>64572954
Getting brutally mutilated and murdered > Bernie
>>
File: 1458420078753.jpg (50 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
1458420078753.jpg
50 KB, 620x350
>>64573008
>Critical theorists took the Marxism meme and adapted it for a more subtle academic form that focuses more on culture. They basically took over the humanities, and taught all the impressionable humanities majors - some of which would become critics - who all would just swallow whatever the professors give them because they're weak-minded careerists - that the socio-political is EVERYTHING, and basically art or writing about art has no value if it's not actively trying to contort it for some political purposing related to race/class/gender/sex
Beautifully put.
>>
>>64573008
Except that you have to remember the majority of modern artists came out of that same system. If you think it's a stretch that openly progressive "activist" Thom Yorke could insert these kind of narratives into his music, you're naive. It's highly plausible. In fact, I'd be shocked if there wasn't some anti-Republican sentiment on the album somewhere. He had the same professors as the critics you're talking about.
>>
TIME FOR DONALD TRUMPTON
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O6TqhrAcVo
>>
>>64572975
Not really Trump, more like UKIP.
>>
File: 1454413555248.jpg (2 MB, 3377x3165) Image search: [Google]
1454413555248.jpg
2 MB, 3377x3165
>>64573264
UKIP is based
>>
>>64573264
>>64573326
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgdQh4qMAU4
>>
>>64573361
>how do I be unfunny as possible the video

UKIP is based

sorry you're an immigrant loving cuck
>>
>>64573094
this

thom was at exeter in the eighties or whenever
>>
>>64573361
I'm not even from britian and the fact this dumb anti-ukip video has so many views is disappointing.

UK sucks dude, their people are too cucked to rebel against islamist invasion, in fact the leftist cucks in that county embrace it.
>>
>>64572941
ITT OP attempts to reconcile his support for trump with listening to leftist music
>>
It's literally The Wicker Man but wih claymation. It has fuckall to do with politics in anyway and is an old English film and book that was picked up for a remake and somehow managed to cast Nick Cage despite everything in the film being shit and he managed to make it watchable.
>>
>>64573415
This is what americucks believe when their girls are fucked by black dudes behind their backs
>>
>>64573326
UKIP is buttbuddies with Putin & Co.
So no, they are not based, yet again Nigry had his political movement hijacked except this time he hasn't jumped ship to form a new one
>>
>>64573446
>implying Putin isn't based
>>
>>64573439
>DDAAAATS RACIST

Why don't you fall off a cliff britcuck?

Enjoy your extremely expensive small houses.

Your shopping malls are the size of my house.

Get cucked.
>>
File: image.jpg (64 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
64 KB, 600x450
>>64573431
This
>>
>>64573446
>UKIP is buttbuddies with Putin & Co.
So is Trump.

Does this upset you?
>>
>>64573452
He's a psychopath and decides to keep Russia down instead of making it an actual super power and a nation people want to move to.
He's KGB until the day he dies and you're an idiot if you legitimately support the KGB
Also having balls does not automatically make you based
>>
>>64573431
>It has fuckall to do with politics in anyway
>a radiohead song has fuckall to do with politics
>actually believing this

delusional kipper detected
>>
>>64573465
>Also having balls does not automatically make you based

it does to beta bitch manbabies who rp as nation states on /int/
>>
>>64573462
>So is Trump
Nice delusion you got there
He's a Nationalist and an Isolationist of course he wants to make nice with Putin so he can avoid having to go to war with him since fighting an international proxy war with another nation is about as far from isolationist as you can get.
You're pants on head retarded if you believe this, his wife is Eastern European ffs if anyone is redpilled on Russiastan and how shit they are to everyone it's her
>>
Its about the dangers and stupidity of mob mentality and its quite awesome that its based on Trumpton since Trump people are retarded.
>>
>>64573478
Please stop projecting everything you hate onto posts you don't like. It's looks childish.
>>
>>64573431
Is the original film any good, the music video makes me wanna watch it and I will never unironically watch something with Nic Cage
>>
>>64573478
Thats like saying U2 never made a song that was devoid of political agenda, come on now
>>64573485
Either you actually believe I'm from /int/ or /int/ has gotten worse since the last time I was there and you've found a funnnew way to fuck with them
Either way tell me more
>>
>>64573501
It's actually pretty cozy, has Ed Woodward in it
But you have to be able to enjoy a movie from the 70's. If you can't you won't like it
>>64573494
I know this is /mu/ but you're reading way too much into it
>>
>>64573094
Actually art is split about down the middle between people who swallowed the political meme and people who are apolitical in thier art approach and are more aesthetic. The latter might be mildly left, or they might be apolitical and annoyed with politics, or even secretly a new hybrid form of reactionary. I know a lot of people like this.

The reason a lot of artists are actually less bad off than critics is that good artists are actually inspired on their own without needing guidance by professors on what content to use or how to implement their aesthetics. The people who go for actively political art tend to be less inspired. The gifted ones have too many cool ideas to waste their efforts on cookie cutter academic political message shit.

Critics on the other hand don't have any talent so they often feel they need criticism to give them something to engage the music with.
>>
>>64573045
fucking hate him more and more everyday
>>
>>64573530
>so they often feel they need *political frameworks* to give them something to engage the music with.

meant to say
>>
>>64573538
The whole jew thing should have put you at maximum hate levels a long time ago mate, that goddamn voice alone is enough to make you want to strangle something.
Pile on that he's not only a commie but an open on and actually running with real fucking support and it makes you want to use the nuclear football
>>
>>64573446
UKIP is based as fuck and so is Putin
>>
>>64573563
>UKIP
>Literally 90% of it is made up of people who jumped ship on their own parties and wanted in when they saw UKIP was gaining steam
Most people in UKIP are shit, only a select few truly love Britain and want to see it freed
>>
>>64572941
was pitchfork doing this click baity shit from the beginning? i feel with the new layout and they giving more space to news than reviews they've fallen massively in quality, not that they were great to begin with
>>
File: little girl roll eyes.gif (954 KB, 245x280) Image search: [Google]
little girl roll eyes.gif
954 KB, 245x280
>>64572941
haha mate I had the same reaction. Sometimes their reviews are solid, but this felt like it was written by me in high school. Sorry bro, but it's not the next paranoid android, not even close.
>>
>>64573488
>He's a Nationalist and an Isolationist of course he wants to make nice with Putin so he can avoid having to go to war with him since fighting an international proxy war with another nation is about as far from isolationist as you can get.
This is a great idea.

What's the problem?
>>
The song is about the emasculation of men and fertility.
So many references to cuckolding in this song and video.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrUDftDkH3E
>>
>>64573501
It's an amazing film, especially if you enjoy 60s-70s psych-folkish stuff.
>>
>>64573738
This is the most unfunny thing I've ever seen on the internet.

Why are british people and especially beyond cucked leftists so unfunny.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.