[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> b-but I was supposed to be the next big thing what went wrong
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 223.jpg (245 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
223.jpg
245 KB, 1680x1050
> b-but I was supposed to be the next big thing
what went wrong
>>
>>64570387
>what went wrong

absolutely nothing. Lana is a queen
>>
She was a big thing. Then the world moved on because they figured out her music is bland af.
>>
>>64570432
>>
>>64570432
she was a big thing for only like a year tho
>>
>>64570432
She's too niche, to become big in mainstream. That being said is Meghan Trainor can get big, with her 50's style shit I don't see way lana's 60-70's style music can't get popular as well.
>>
>>64570589
She's literally gone Platinum, has been on the Billboard 200 for 222 weeks, and had a #6 Billboard 100 hit along with a platitude of minor hits. She was big bro.
>>
>>64570387
she made like 6 albums and there were only 6 good songs. The rest was fluff.
>>
this album hasnt beentopped tho
>>
She doesn't want to be big. Pay attention to her interviews. She absolutely loathes the negative attention she receives from being in the limelight and hates being under public scrutiny 24/7 and having stalkers and die hard fans and people tracking down where she lives and stuff. She was having fun at first but she's made a fortune and she wants to continue to make music, but has no interest in going back to Born To Die era Lana.
>>
>>64570387
everything about her and her music is fake

dumb rich kid
>>
>>64571934

> dont want to be big
> let me sleep my way through the industry
> get fucked by celebrity after celebrity and photographed

Right m8
>>
>>64570665
Then idk, maybe her label needs to push her more.
>>
>>64572680
> let me sleep my way through the industry
> get fucked by celebrity after celebrity and photographed

Please give names becuase I cannot think of any examples of this
>>
>>64570387
She had no talent, she cant even perform her own songs
>>
>>64572680
Ehhhh please get your facts straight before you claim stuff lol.
She has said in an interview that she has previously had sex with men in the same industry as her, but that none of those encounters played any part in her getting record deals, contracts, etc, basically that they had no effect on her career.
If your comment is based on her song "Fucked My Way Up To The Top" in which she literally sings 'i fucked my way up to the top', the song is supposedly a diss track about Taylor Swift, who claimed Lana Del Rey's style was 'inauthentic' but has gone on to replicate it in some of her music (see: Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift, and I think one or two of her music videos derive from Lana's signature themes/style/aesthetic).
>>
>>64572839
The first time I heard her was on some SNL performance and My God she sounded awful
>>
>>64572876
I'm pretty sure Wildest Dreams is supposed to be some kind of pastiche
>>
>>64571951
this is batechildren
>>
>>64573104
Exactly I hate when people complain musicians who talk about coming from an upperclass upbringing or have an image heavy persona are seen as "fake"
>>
>>64570387
It was.
We're like three big things over her and Lana moving away from the mainstream pop aesthetic certianly did not help her stay relevant.
>>
>have an image heavy persona are seen as "fake"
It is when the image wasn't thought up by the artist themselves.
>>
>>64573176
But it was, that was kind of one of the reason's she switched labels.
>>
I GOT MY SUMMERTIME, SUMMERTIME SADNESS

S-S-S-SUMMETIME, SUMMERTIME SADNESS

West Coast is great, though.
>>
She doesn't have authenticity
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.