[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on The Flaming Lips?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 500x374
Thoughts on The Flaming Lips?
>>
Really good run from the mid-90's to early-00's but otherwise hit and miss.
>>
they made one or two decent albums, and the rest suck donkey dick
>>
>>64570162
one of the great modern acts
Very excited for the new record
>>
I prefer Yoshimi to Soft Bulletin but both are fantastic records. They fell off in recent years
>>
thumbnail made it look like he was holding his misshapen veiny dick
>>
>>64570241
No they didn't
>>
I hate the production style on their last couple albums, it does that brickwalling thing where everything's compressed as much as possible. It's exhausting to listen to
>>
>>64570162
I don't fux wit dem no mo
>>
>>64570162
Do you have their record store day vinyl box set ? No, the other one.
>>
I enjoy every single proper album they have made except for At War With The Mystics. Their 1984-1989 era is especially underrated
>>
>>64570314
Why not?
>>
>>64570289
The Terror was shit
The Beatles and DSOTM cover albums were both tragically bad
Their collab with Miley somehow surpassed SB2H as worst album of the year last year

They haven't had a good release since Embryonic in '09
>>
>>64570393
What's wrong with that. What's wrong with taking a break from real easing good material? They'll be back at it soon enough.
>>
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 1024x290) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 1024x290
>>64570454
Can you please stop shitting up, /mu/? Thanks
>>
File: pink rock.jpg (75 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
pink rock.jpg
75 KB, 400x400
>>64570328
At War With The Mystics is so damn good. I never understood why people don't like it. Some of my favorite Flaming Lip songs and trippy fucking jams are on this album. The Sound of Failure, Vein of Stars, The Wizard Turns On, The W.A.N.D. as examples.
>>
I've tried to get into them for a long time but on the bottom line I really only like Embryonic
>>
>>64570454
W-what? That's what falling off is. Oh wait I forgot you're usually joking when you post here
>>
Great band. Taken too seriously by many faux-intellectual types. Wayne / Drozd are both quite talented.

It would be nice if they put out something a bit more ambitious. Peace Sword and The Terror were pleasant.

>>64570543
Embryonic is Zaireeka for people too impoverished to afford four stereos.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.