[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this album ends with a rape?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: Weezer_Pinkerton.jpg (297 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
Weezer_Pinkerton.jpg
297 KB, 1024x1024
So this album ends with a rape?
>>
>>64569675
woah shit butterfly is so about rape. my mind is blown
>>
>>64569675
>a man sings an apologetic song
>"hHURRR HE MUSHT BE A RAAAAPIST REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
inb4 tumblr desu
>>
>>64569675
It ends just like it starts... awfully
>>
>>64569675
>this pleb doesn't even know the plot of Madame Butterfly
kys my man
>>
Not so much, I think it's more of an apology about trying to pursue a woman or any woman. Apologizing for being human, I'm not sure.

For as many possibly mysogynistic lines there are on the album, I feel like it was mostly in good fun as odd as that might seem. "If everyone's a little queer, why can't she be a little straight," for example is clearly a stab at himself for thinking he had a shot with a gay woman. Sometimes people take shit too seriously, I love the album.
>>
>>64569675
It is more like he saying he is sorry for being in love with a girl while himself is a disgusting piece of shit on his own eyes.
>>
I never interpreted it that way.

I saw it as relating to the first song, where he talks about all the girls he's getting with and how unsatisfying it is

I think he feels like he's using these women who make themselves available to him in, because he doesn't love them, and is trying to use them to fill the gaps in his heart

I imagine that the girls he was getting with were pretty stoked to be getting with a rock star, and I get the impression that he either intentionally or unintentionally led them on into thinking it would develop into more-- or at least he feels that way, whether it's true or not

I imagine Butterfly addressing all the people he's been with who have loved/cared about him that he didn't reciprocate. He feels bad because he's doing the same thing to these women that has hurt him so much-- not really loving them when they love him, and just using them for sex. Because he's struggled with unrequited feelings of love, he is aware of how bad it hurts to want someone, to get close to having them/thinking you'll have a real chance at love with them, and then getting shot down

I just imagined he avoided girls afterwards and ignored them out of embarrassment "I'm beat--beet red, ashamed of what I said
I'm sorry to let go
I know I'm a sinner but I can't say no"

just my interpretation
>>
>>64570095
She was straight though and Rivers was just being a cuck
>>
>>64569675
Song's about cheating on a girl and trying to pass it off
>>
>>64570478
I'm almost positive that the album follows Rivers' pursuits of several women though. Only one of which was a lesbian.
>>
yes, pinkerton is a concept album about wanting to fuck underage japanese girls, and it ends with him finally raping one.
>>
The only thing that gets raped in that album is the listener's ears.
>>
>>64570630
>I'm almost positive that the album follows Rivers' pursuits of several women though.
well the original plot of songs from the black hole was about the main character being torn between loving two different women and like half the songs on pinkerton are from that
>>
>>64570630
I'm pretty sure he said in a later interview that the girl actually turned out to be straight and just a gay rights supporter
still didn't get with her though
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.