[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1
File: Tame-Impala-Band-2015.jpg (452 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Tame-Impala-Band-2015.jpg
452 KB, 1200x800
What's next
>>
90s shoegaze
>>
>>64565256
What are you trying to say pal
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MDETib-k2A
Best song coming through0
>>
>>64565285
It's next
>>
>>64565340
I'm ok with that
>>
Some Siouxsie and the Banshees mid-career-styled neo-psychedelia mixed with post-punk, I hope.
>>
>>64565179
Another Perth band.

Just wait. Something big is going on here. Great bands turning up left right and centre.

It's like tame, but more of a step towards grunge and late 80's early 90's alt. rock.

People are pissed in this city big time. Shit's gone down the gurgler. Drugs rampant.
>>
>>64565399
English please?
>>
Currents > Innerspeaker > Lonerism

Lonerism is overrated as fuck
>>
>>64565431
Perth is the new Seattle.

Almost identical in isolation (relatively), everybody listens to each others bands and the city is decaying quickly.

It's like we don't give a shit about the rest of the world. We know we're best.
>>
>>64565399
>Great bands turning up left right and centre.
Lolno, the "new" bands are just Pond or King Gizzard ripoffs, the Perth rock scene is fucking dire
>>
>>64565473
Lonerism isnt overrated at all, though, its their best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5bD54-ewg

I love how clever this song is. He says "I guess I'll go and tell you just as soon as I get to the end of this song" but the end of the song is the same as the beginning and that's why he keeps on lying! Actually, Keep On Lying is a never-ending song with no specific beginning nor ending. And so are his lies to the girl he's talking to. the end of the song is the same as the beginning and that's why he keeps on lying

And "It was noon, now my shadow’s long". Another lie as noon is the only moment of the day where sun is at its highest point in the sky, thus anyone standing under it will never have a "long shadow". To me Keep on lying sounds as an echo to "Sun's coming up", when he finally stop lying.

people like this stuff because it mirrors reality and its timeless distortion...modern society is a simulation, something that appears authentic
>>
>>64565615
Thanks for this insightful comment
>>
>>64565589
>Lolno, the "new" bands are just Pond or King Gizzard ripoffs, the Perth rock scene is fucking dire
>Pond
Dead. They're too old.

Try:
Tired Lion
The Love Junkies (underrated, must see live)
Doctopus (for keks)
The Pissedcolas (for something odd)
Foam
The Limbs (kinda new, saw live in a crowd of like 10 people - were fucking great)

Many others on the tip of my tongue.
>>
>>64565481
>we're the best
>produced the meme band tame impala

hahaha no
>>
>>64565720
>tame impala
>meme
wew lad
>>
>>64565720
>hahaha no
You don't live here.

The scene is like no other. Nothing sounds like a Perth band still, even after Tame hit the mainstream.

Everybody sorta reacted to it by going heavier and more alt. rock with it.

Big Kyuss influence too.

I forgot:
The best band right now I think is "Hideous Sun Demon"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3dnXd3ZgB0
It's high energy at bars.
>>
>>64565718
Tired Lion, Foam and Love Junkies are so fucking shit, the 90s alt rock revival shtick gets old fast
Doctopus is just a meme band at this point, don't know The Limbs
Pissedcolas are pretty decent though
>>
>>64565615
What about "Expectation"?

How it fades out, then fades back in against expectations.
It's silly, but witty.
>>
>>64565179
is jay jealous
>>
>>64565970
>Pissedcolas are pretty decent though

I honestly agree with that whole post to be honest.

Which is why I think the very new bands here are the next thing. I tend to mix tame, kyuss, alice in chains, trip hop and a bit of a "30's era jazz" vibe with it's sense of coolness. Oh and some nick cave.
>>
I expect more of the same like currents

More solos and experimentation would be better though
>>
More shitty pseudo-pop
>>
>>64565256
id be fucking hyped about this
>>
>>64565970
Here's something i'm not even close to finishing yet.
https://soundcloud.com/dielambasted/whispers-incomplete
It needs more work on the guitars and the eq's are terrible.
But it's a rough idea. (desu it's a little too tame impala, my other stuffs heavier)

Something that screams "technocratic dystopia".

Got another song with female vocals, the middle jams neat. But again, fucking suck at mastering.
>>
A complete reversal of the direction they headed in Currents, and a return to sounds of Innerspeaker.
>>
>>64566505
>A complete reversal of the direction they headed in Currents
doubt that will happen, he'll just go in a new direction.

Probably just get real high and jam with his guitar until he has a cool idea.
>>
>>64565256
>90s shoegaze
>What is nu-gaze.

It's getting there.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.